View Poll Results: What's your favorite Fixx Studio album?

Voters
318. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shuttered Room

38 11.95%
  • Reach The Beach

83 26.10%
  • Phantoms

70 22.01%
  • Walkabout

51 16.04%
  • Calm Animals

23 7.23%
  • Ink

13 4.09%
  • Elemental

28 8.81%
  • Want That Life

9 2.83%
  • 1011 Woodland

2 0.63%
  • Stage One

1 0.31%
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite Fixx album?

Thumbs up best album? tough choice!

That poll was so difficult for me to answer. Having just picked up "want that life" and enjoying it immensely I still had to go by playablility- for me- I have bounced back and forth with "phantoms" and "elemental" "INK" was I feel, not a weak album at all. That album was given to me from dear friend at the time and I only listened to it a couple of times. Then about four years later, I rediscovered it and was really impressed with "my" band. Hey, if you're a fan you'd call them that too.
    Anyway, thINK about it, "all is fair" CLASSIC fixx sound..."how much is enough" followed by "no one has to cry"
    and the one track that really hits it "yesterday, today" and lastly "make no plans" the whole album really deserves a good listen by any true FIXX fan.
    They have remained true to their sound, true to themselves, I respect that. Yeah, i am dissapointed they are not "commercially" successful, but remember the "talking heads" and "REM"? they were huge because they didn't sell out, well look at them now, they sold out, lost that respect for not selling out.
    Going back to favorites, another great listen is the king biscuit album. SINKING ISLAND!! enough said. i love both the love version and the recorded one on "shuttered" but i have said enough. drop me a line fellow fixx-ers.
    Rob

DAVEPUTTICK you are off base.

Nothing has happened between "walkabout" and "calm animals" TWO different sounds but "distinctly THE FIXX.
    OK, lets start with "i'm life" yes not the right song to start off with, should have been switched with "driven out" DRIVEN OUT, great song great message...." i'm cooking with microwaves, to warm up food not seen in the soil" OHYEAH!!
    re-listen to the driving beat behind "subterranean" strong chorus back up.
    "precious stone" VERY strong effort. "gypsy feet" does just that, plants itself firmly in the center of the album. "calm animals" title track you either like or don't-this the weakest song they have. but then "shred of evidence" great beat, lits of nice sounds. "the flow" GREAT vocals GREAT sound and yes flow to it.
    "world weary" puts us back in the passenger seat on this album and slows us down but not to depress but excite with more catchy licks. And listen to "cause to be alarmed" has great breaks to it and nice vocals. Reminds me off the opening of that song "WAR" what is it good for with the vocal chants.
    Yes, i am huge fan, but this band has certainly remained true to its roots. not selling out. INK would have to be considered more the sellout, but yet, it too remains, solely "their" sound, style. LOTS of great tracks on "INK" deserves more attention......
    Rob

Reach the Beach for me by a long shot, then Phantoms perhaps .... but Elemental is up there too !!

As stated, the quality of the recording, The fresh Guitar work, Cy's lyrics, the song writing and especially, the fresh ideas of one Rupert Greenall put it on the map as a great jumping point for a career. A perfect follow up for Shuttered, which showed their more punk like roots but great songs ...

The Bass work was incredible ! And, it's the only album from any of the bands where I can listen through from beginning to end without saying, Well, Let's skip this tune"
    JMM.

Smile Hallo ... you've reached the B**ch ..

} * CLICK *
    ( hmmMm .. ... .. another wrong number ) : : SHUTTERED ROOM : :
    I called Times 0ut !

Wink They are all good

Hello Fixxures,

To me trying to pick my favorite Fixx album is like picking who is my your favorite child. They are all great! Name me a bad Fixx album and I will prove you wrong.

Fixxation

B side the C side in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, UK
    Got to be Phantoms for me, not that the others are bad, just that Phantoms is exceptional and so many of the tracks mean so much, things like Woman on a train (long story, sorry folks, wild guesses and rude, witty answers on a postcard or stuck down envelope, to.......) and Lost in Battle Overseas, still leave me breathless after all these years
    Stuart at the Welsh Connection

Every love has a beginning.

For me, watching the video for Stand or Fall back in the early days of MTV (when it was still a REAL music channel), hooked me instantly. It had a progressive rock feel with a commercial hook.

As a die-hard Genesis fan, the Fixx was a great alternative to wall-to-wall Gabriel/Collins vocals.

Red Skies elevated my fondness for the group; Lost Plane cemented it. The other songs on the album soon went from filler to favorites status.

When Reach The Beach hit the airwaves, I knew that these guys were going to occupying my music shelves for a long time.

Their first album is still the best in my book, although I am now just branching out to their more recent efforts.

Cheers,
    Bryan
    "We should really make a copy of your brain pattern at some point." -- Number Six (Battlestar Galactica - 2003)

I've Just Got The First 5 Albums(I'm Working On Getting The Rest)
    For Me It's "Reach The Beach" With Phantoms A Close Second.

This poll needs an update.

First of all, a lot of these votes were probably cast before Want That Life. No fair, since it's my favorite.

Second (of all), I need to defend my choice for favorite. I've been listening to the Fixx since seeing Saved By Zero on MTV when I was 12. I've only seen them in concert three times, however, which I am ashamed of since they tour through Wisconsin every summer just about. Plain and simple: Want That Life is a mature, delicious album for a Fixxture growing older (like myself). Every album has awesome classics. I know every one of them. But Want That Life is easiest to listen to. It's not 20 years old. It's fresh.

Bring on the next studio album. It may be my new favorite.

P.S. We Once Held Hands, for me, remains the most intense and awesome song in the whole dang bunch. Love it.

Thumbs up

Welcome Reedifus !
    and thanks for the vote of confidence

just for the record ...

... I've been visiting thefixx.net for years but, like a lot of you maybe, I've changed ISPs and moved several times and seem to keep reregistering to stuff. Like the Fixx chat room I used to visit back when Elemental was released. Don't know whatever happened to it. Good to be back amongst fellow Fixxtures, though. We've got some very special music in common. Thanks to the Fixx Four who are still driven to make it.

"Walkabout". It was the first Fixx album I ever owned. It took repeated listenings for me to get into the music, but once I did - I had to have everything else I could get my hands on! Put simply, it was a feeling like camphor...
    Part-Time Artist & Permanent Fixxture

dang!

I missed the Fixx in concert again (6/30). My brother and his family was visiting. I had my ice cream tops saved and ready for my free admission to Summerfest, too. Dang it.

After all this time it is still. . .

PHANTOMS!

But WTL is second choice- I have "you don't have to prove yourself" under my skin. . . I love that song! And I am loving "touch" as well as "we don't own the world" and the title track just as much!
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

(Sherrilyn Kenyon, Devil May Cry)

http://www.wordclay.com/BookStore/BookStoreBookDetails.aspx?bookid=37784

That is such a tough question! I dig everyone of them. I listen to all of them all of the time. I guess it would have to be Shuttered Room just for sentimental reasons. That was their first album and that's when I first heard them. Brings back alot of great memories. But like I said, I love them all!

Gil
    I'm life.......watching

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast