View Poll Results: What's your favorite Fixx Studio album?

Voters
318. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shuttered Room

38 11.95%
  • Reach The Beach

83 26.10%
  • Phantoms

70 22.01%
  • Walkabout

51 16.04%
  • Calm Animals

23 7.23%
  • Ink

13 4.09%
  • Elemental

28 8.81%
  • Want That Life

9 2.83%
  • 1011 Woodland

2 0.63%
  • Stage One

1 0.31%
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite Fixx album?

Smile

Fellow FIXXTURES...
    Well lets see.... "Have I been to any Fixx concerts lately?"
    Last night was my 12 show! And to top it off I was invited back stage to meet the band. I have been a fan since 1979 and I grew up listening to The FIXX, so needless to say it was a one of the highlights of my life.
    -The Ultimate FIXX Fan

Smile

They were ultimate in Anaheim CA on the 21st!It was the fourth show I have seen.Some how I missed the Elemental Tour? My favorite cd is usually the most recent one. I am a little less tied to the greatest hits collections as my favorite songs are not the big radio play classics.I do love those too it's just that I have just about every version and have heard them ALOT! I usually play the most recent cd over and over and then I go back through every thing else! Especially before and after a performance. I have been completely fixated for the last two weeks! I hope they continue to produce as a band and thrive as individuals. Ther music has touched my heart and I feel a real connection when I listen. I also hope it is true that there will be a cd in 2000 and a tour!Thanks Guys! Happy Landings!
    rb

Smile

My Favorite FIXX Album???
    If anyone care... It is- "Reach The Beach"
    And favorite song would have to be either "The Fool" or "Outside"
    Signed -The Ultimate FIXX Fan!

Smile Your Favorite Fixx Album?

I have to say that Elemental is probably their best album to date. Reach the Beach is a real close second. Your opinions?

------------------
    "All these minds that think alike do damage to the strain."

Lightbulb

I think it's a toss-up between Elemental and Reach The Beach. A close third would be the King Bisquit live CD.

[This message has been edited by HENRY IZZO (edited 03-08-2001).]

Smile

Originally posted by Orobas:
    I have to say that Elemental is probably their best album to date. Reach the Beach is a real close second. Your opinions?

Phantoms for me!

Cool

Reach The Beach, no contest. A classic from beginning to end. Listen to it with headphones, you'll see what I mean. My all time favorite album, ever!

Smile

Although R-T-B has always been within playing distance of my ears, Walkabout is still the strongest song for song, and it carries a universal theme throughout. It is technical perfect and very polished.

Even though adam swears all the electronic drums were a pain and the pan man fan's inventor was jailed (That's why he won't use it anymore), They really mastered some unique sounds.
    Do you realise that the dadadaddada in the beginning of cant finish is jamie bending a chord while rupert synthed it while adam triggered the tempo off a simmons/ddrum? Amazing even in 2001. A very polished ROCK!

Smile

Walkabout is their best record by far, and that's saying alot, considering how good their other records are. The album is technically fined tuned, without hindering the emotional impact of the songs, and there's not a single questionable track on the thing. That being said, here are the others in order(not including "best of" stuff):

2. Calm Animals-The Fixx with a hard edge!

3. Shuttered Room-This one and Calm Animals constantly exchange pole postion in my book!

4. Reach the Beach-Side 2 has "Changing" and "Outside"...say no more.

5. Phantoms-"Woman on a Train", "Facing the Wind"

6. Elemental-When I bought this, I thought they should have changed the name, because Tears for Fears released an EXCELLENT album by the same name. But this one is pretty cool as well. I still think the other versions of a good portion of these songs on the "Happy Landings" CD are a lot better.

7. Ink-Their weakest, but still full of potency on the second side: "One Jungle", "Climb the Hill", "Make no Plans", "Shut it Out".

and Ink was better than a lot of other stuff out there at the time!

Thumbs up

I love them all, but my top 3 choices would have to be Phantoms, Reach the Beach, & Elemental!

Talking

That's a tough one! If I go by most listened to, I would have to say "Phantoms".

Question

Wow, that's a hard one to answer. To be honest I don't have a favorite, all of their albums hold special meanings and feelings for me. But if I really had to provide an answer, it would either be Walkabout or Elemental. E

Wink

In the past when this question came up on the Fixx digest, I would immediately have said Phantoms since Elemental had not been out for very long. Now, after having the album for three years since it's release, I would have to say that both Elemental and Phantoms are now tied. They both carry there own unique sound and vibe. On Elemental, I love "HL" and "TDV", but what I really love about the album is the 5-7 song set of Silent House, Fatal Shore, and Ocean Blue. To me, this is incredible!! These songs seem to take me away from reality into another world. It's like taking a 15 minute vacation from life. It's good medicine as these songs calm and relax my inner self. As for phantoms, it's a straight up classic with some of the best songs they ever produced. This album also has unigue songs that can put your soul at ease like Woman on a Train, Wish, and Facing the Wind. Still, I can't give the edge to either album so I must keep it as a tie for my personal Fixx top spot.

Smile

I dont think the Fixx have made a bad album. My favourites are Reach the Beach and Elemental. I also think that Ink is a much underrated album - thers is some great thumping tracks - How Much is Enough/All is fair and some great ballads - Falling in Love/No one has to cry. Something for everyone. The acoustic 1011 Woodland is also a class album. I pais 21 ($35) for that over here in the UK where the Fixx hail from!!

You guys over in the US are lucky, The Fixx dont tour over here and I would love to see them live. They have never been commercially succesful over here - you mention the Fixx in a record store and you get the reply "Who?". Oh well.

Wink

I would have to agree with Miked26. Phantoms was always my favorite until Elemental. Now it's a tough call. The first time I listened to Elemental I was blown away.... I'm really looking forward to the new album.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast