View Poll Results: What's your favorite Fixx Studio album?

Voters
318. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shuttered Room

38 11.95%
  • Reach The Beach

83 26.10%
  • Phantoms

70 22.01%
  • Walkabout

51 16.04%
  • Calm Animals

23 7.23%
  • Ink

13 4.09%
  • Elemental

28 8.81%
  • Want That Life

9 2.83%
  • 1011 Woodland

2 0.63%
  • Stage One

1 0.31%
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite Fixx album?

Walkabout for me! That album just strikes a cord for some reason... Though don't get me wrong, I love them all.

Thumbs up

Walkabout is my favorite. It contains more then music itself , It has a lot of strong emotions and feeling.
    The chilling sounds and haunting instrmentals used in this album blend so perfect to it's ending hidden CD track.
    I love this album!

Gee i never did vote here did I....

My personal favorite would have to be Walkabout, with Calm Animals a real close second

best all round vote - Reach The Beach
    In germany some people say it's like medicine. It's good against heartattack. If it is a lie - who cares?

-- Heimo on red wine

Smile

Phantoms : Sunshine in the shade (esp. the video) Are we ourselves Facing the Wind Phantom living.....

Calm animals : I'm life Gypsy feet Shred of evidence Driven out (went high in the charts here)

Shuttered room : Cameras in Paris The fool I found you

Elemental : Totally agree with the 5-6-7 out of this world passage (silent house/fatal shore/ocean blue) Bass line on Fatal shore allows me to welcome Chris very much. Not to forget 2 different views and Going without

Walkabout : The first album on which i sometimes skip tracks. But Built for the future really rocks

Ink : A lot of good songs taken one by one but not as great altogether compare to other albums

Reach the beach : got hooked by this one but i have to admit i skip 4 songs out of ten when i put RTB on. Running is my favorite along with OTLTA

But don't let anyone tell you any of these is not a great record...

Concealed behind the femme fatale,
    Dany

Favorite Fixx CD

My favorite Fixx CD is Reach the Beach. It can't be beat. After that the order would be

2) Calm Animals
    3) Shuttered Room4) Phantoms
    5) Walkabout
    6) Ink (not as bad as some say)
    7) Elemental (don't understand the comparison to Reach the Beach)

INK

Hi:

First post.

Here's my ranking:
    1) INK: Personally I don't understand the negativity on this cd. Everyone of my friends that hear these songs think "God, those are great songs. Why have I never heard these before". The songs I am talking about are How Much is Enough, Crucified, All is Fair, No One Has to Cry, and Falling in Love. Still Around and All the Best Things are great too. My favorite Fixx cd. I was so overwhelmed when this came out. Not every song is great but this CD has the strongest songs in my opinion.
    2) Shuttered Room - Every Song is great.
    3) Phantoms - A little less solid than Shuttered Room but still fantastic.
    4) Calm Animals
    5) Walkabout
    6) Reach the Beach - too slow and too moody for me. I like the three singles off the Cd and Running. Actually it's the only release by the Fixx I don't have on Cd. I know you guys think I am high but I think the fixx has 5 better releases.
    7) Elemental - Song for song I like better than Reach the Beach but Reach the Beach has stronger singles.

Actually now that I think about it. I'd like to change my name to Inkman.

I would have to say that my favorite total album is "Phantoms". In a close second would have to be "Ink" mainly because it has my favorite song "No One Has To Cry" on it. But truth be told this is today's (10/18/2002) answer. In all likelihood it will change in the near future. There are just too many good albums by these guys to choose just one.

Geoff

I voted for Reach the Beach, but it's actually a tie between that & Phantoms for me. They both rock!

Thumbs up Favourite album

PHANTOMS, for many reasons. I purchased both Phantoms and Reach the beach at the same time...when Phantoms first came out. I was hooked. They both bring back some very fond memories of the times. However, I feel Phantoms has a stonger set of tunes.

I love ALL the Fixx albums...and their "New Age" messages, and viewpoints, perspectives...heck, their "Fixx-ness"!
    "Feel the pull, feel the swing, ain't no value `till you treasure it."

MY FAVORITE CD IS WANT THAT LIFE!!! It RocksU4Life! i lisen to it every chance i get.i have a copy so thats quite alot .who else likes want that life???
    TheFixx Will RockU4Life!!!

Originally posted by RockU4Life
    MY FAVORITE CD IS WANT THAT LIFE!!! It RocksU4Life! i lisen to it every chance i get.i have a copy so thats quite alot .who else likes want that life???
    None of us have heard it young lady (except for maybe Lee Chambers and one or two others). You have quite a priviledge owning a copy before its official release.

I'm jealous.
    Steve

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Steve Pariseau
    None of us have heard it young lady (except for maybe Lee Chambers and one or two others). You have quite a priviledge owning a copy before its official release.

I'm jealous.
    Steve
    SOrry Steve i seem to forget somtimes that no one has heard it if i could i would let every one on the msg board hear it but i dont know how to do that.Since my dad is the bass player i have a copy.Sorry i forget no one has heard it.
    TheFixx Will RockU4Life!!!

My vote: Reach The Beach, although I personally listen to and enjoy every album. They're all good in their own right (like comparing apples to oranges...)

I like Reach The Beach because I hear sort of an experimental nature to the production (example: some songs have bass guitar while others have synth bass), the album flows wonderfully, and there is a theme presented from beginning to end that gels the whole album together....

my 2 cents, for whatever it's worth- thanks!

Brooks

Talking What's my fave Fixx?

This is a great question, yet unfair at the same time. It's a tough one to pick a fave because each of them hold that position for different reasons:

"Shuttered Room"-cuz it was the first Fixx album I got (even before the video and singles got airplay...I bought it cuz it was advertised on the same promo poster as the Swingers' debut album in the US and I LOVED that album).

"RTB"-I saw them live a few times on this tour, bought the LP the day of release (same as the remastered CD this past week), etc. Lots of good memories with friends, etc.

"Phantoms"-great music for this time of my life

etc........Each holds such great memories that I can't put my finger on the best. Not many bands can maintain a track record like the Fixx.

And the snippets from the 'new' album sound friggin' amazing...

Can a FAV album be picked??

FAV album is a tough decision as they all have some special tunes to me but I guess Reach The Beach and Phantoms.. but then I have to leave out other FAV's like Driven Out, Two Different Views, Yesterday Today... guess I can not really name a FAV album.

Di

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast