View Poll Results: What's your favorite Fixx Studio album?

Voters
318. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shuttered Room

38 11.95%
  • Reach The Beach

83 26.10%
  • Phantoms

70 22.01%
  • Walkabout

51 16.04%
  • Calm Animals

23 7.23%
  • Ink

13 4.09%
  • Elemental

28 8.81%
  • Want That Life

9 2.83%
  • 1011 Woodland

2 0.63%
  • Stage One

1 0.31%
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite Fixx album?

Most Meaningful FIXX song

For me it would have to be, without a doubt, Two Different Views & How Much Is Enough. There are others that really get to me but Ithink it is that I interpret the lyrics in my own way.. songs like Driven Out, Precious Stone, Happy Landings, Subterranean... hell, I could go on and on and on............... :-)

Guess in short, there are songs from every album that really get me. I would also have to say that one of my most memorable moments was meeting Cy when they played in Tampa in 99.

In my book, there is no other band that has captured me like they have. The FIXX RULES!!

Cheers,
    Di

..... had tah remove some posts.... I was completely possessed at the time ! ... I found the video for
    " How Much Is Enough " on the web & it had been over ten years
    since I had seen it .... WOW ! . God bless broke teen-agers !....
    my nephew clued me in .
    I called Times 0ut !

How much is enough..vid..

Hey, I have been looking for that.. do you happen to have that How Much is Enough video anywhere that I could get a copy. I have searced WINMX and gotten several .mpeg's but not that one!

Cheers,
    Di

on ah ..... LAUNCH yahoo music ....yah can look um up an nich it
    from there I gather .....
    I called Times 0ut !

I voted for Phantoms... looks to me like it's in the lead now. Haven't listened much to Elemental, I need to. RTB and Ink are my second faves... don't know why no one likes Ink... I love it... makes me think of the one and only time I saw the Fixx (er...well, half of the Fixx) live... NICE

B side the C side in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, UK

half the Fixx

Originally posted by Rain
    I voted for Phantoms... looks to me like it's in the lead now. Haven't listened much to Elemental, I need to. RTB and Ink are my second faves... don't know why no one likes Ink... I love it... makes me think of the one and only time I saw the Fixx (er...well, half of the Fixx) live... NICE
    Intrigued now, c'mon do tell, where did you see half of the Fixx, and if they had a bassist on the day, was it the top half or bottom half of him {sorry, my sense of humour that one}.
    I agree about ink though, I find it an intense album full of driving classics, Elemental though is a must, THE underrated album of the decade.
    Stuart at the Welsh Connection

I was vacationing in Panama City Beach, FL and happened to hear that "The Fixx" was playing at a local beach club that night, Spinnakers. So I dragged my sister and her boyfriend to it, and I was a bit disappointed to find it was only Cy & Jamie, with acoustic guitars. Nevertheless, it was great, I just had been thinking it would've been the whole band. I believe this was in '91. I have pictures, somewhere.... ummm.... here: Spinnaker's

Sorry, off topic... back to the thread...
    Last edited by Rain; 05-02-2003 at 12:46 PM.

I agree ,ink is great but calm animals is tops ,I know it isnt the
    perfect mix of fixx textures and what not ,but it beats the wotsit out of anything around at that time !!!!!!!!.I prefer the HL versions of the excellent elemental tracks.

Dave Snakey

"Reach The Beach" ! An album has NEVER sounded so good from start to finish...A classic 80s album...Too bad it has been almost forgotten throughout the years...Shame...shame....

Calm Animals really shows their talent in songwriting. I could not wait for it to hit the stores back then. It was my first time to see the band live on that tour. Come to think of it, all of the albums are my favorite.

the Beach

Reach The Beach was either the first or second tape I ever bought, I was 13ish. It became magical to me. I still play it a lot. I eventually bought a lot of other Fixx stuff, but the Beach is the only one I like strait through. Walkabout is my second fave.

b

I fully intend to give Elemental a good listening to as soon as I acquire it. I think the reason I love Phantoms so much is due to the fact that I have always been awed at how well a mood is conveyed by rhythm as well as lyrics. I listen to some strange stuff, like "Darkness" by the Police, for that same reason.

Especially at the end of "Phantom Living". . . . ooh, I get chills just remembering! SWEET!
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

(Sherrilyn Kenyon, Devil May Cry)

http://www.wordclay.com/BookStore/BookStoreBookDetails.aspx?bookid=37784

fishnoises Guest
    Elemental is fantastic. It is probably my second favorite next to Phantoms. In fact it is my first choice when I decide to hear a Fixx tune. (I think that is because I've listened to Phantoms so much that I can hear it in my head now.)
    I wish Freeman was included in it. But that's ok.

Favorite Fixx Album?

I chose Elemental because this album displayed a level of maturity as far as their metaphysical beliefs. They were no longer preaching (which is always necessary) but instead letting the world know that we have evolved to this and this is what we are and we're fine with that. We're all different but still the same. Let's all return to the source (Ocean Blue) made up of the most elemental particle thus the album title. What ever comes from this does not change anything one iota thus Life Is What's Killing Me not these extraneous ideals of negativety. Not trying to be to cryptic but as far as I'm concerned it's all pretty Elemental so Happy Landings you've been there..
    Where you've been
    Where you are
    Where you're going to

Having heard most of the songs from the new (upcoming) album in different concerts, my favorite album is Want That Life. I think it's safe to say that now that the release date is finally(?) posted.
    Fixxture For Life

Stvnc

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast