Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: LIVE Fixx CDs 2005 Summer Tour available NOW!!

Listening to Seatlle right now. You would not be dissapointed. Sounds great! Trust me!

Originally posted by heimo
    Listening to Seatlle right now. You would not be dissapointed. Sounds great! Trust me!

You know I do .... Okay... I will buy it !!!!! THANKS

Santa Cruz Show

I got a nice bundle in my box too.

Just got through with the Santa Cruz show and I can say that it is an outstanding recording save for the intro of Liner which starts out soft and a brief section of Secret Separation where we lose Jamie's guitar and mic. Aside from that it is outstanding.

Great set list too. I'm thinking this is going to be the show to get for the people who can only spring for one show.

Smile I agree! Great setlist

Hello All,

I agree with Steve this is an excellent CD. I am disappointed with the beginning of Liner. Also, it is hard to hear the fans when they are singing. Considering who was in the audience maybe that is a good thing. (Just kidding Fixxtures)

"Great set list too. I'm thinking this is going to be the show to get for the people who can only spring for one show."

Also, The Fixx live are like Doritos, I bet you can't buy just one!

Fixxation

Hello Engels and Steve: If you both got the Seattle-Cd, please let us know what you think about it. IMO it sounds outstanding. It should be the second choice if someone wants to buy another cd from that DiscLive-series.

WOW.... you really think SEATTLE is that GOOD, Heimo????

You are talkng about the Fenix Underground show... NOT the Taste of Edmunds ... Right????

Originally posted by Jeanne Thelen
    WOW.... you really think SEATTLE is that GOOD, Heimo????

You are talkng about the Fenix Underground show... NOT the Taste of Edmunds ... Right????
    Hello Jeanne! I am talking of Seattle, 12th August. and there is Less Cities as the second song on the setlist.

By the way: IMO anyone who is not collecting the discs does not need to buy the Hermiston Show from the 11th. They did not manage to bring Cy's voice in.

Originally posted by heimo
    Hello Jeanne! I am talking of Seattle, 12th August. and there is Less Cities as the second song on the setlist.

By the way: IMO anyone who is not collecting the discs does not need to buy the Hermiston Show from the 11th. They did not manage to bring Cy's voice in.
    I agree - the vocals on the first two or three songs are somewhat muted. The rest of the songs seem fine to me - paraphrasing Cy - modern technology is great.

Can anyone who has all of the live disks recommend another concert (based on sound quality and set list)?

Thanks,

Greg

Hi y'all

Thanks for writing these reviews/setlists--it's really helpful for those of us who are (for the time being) only ordering one disclive set. I have ordered the Santa Cruz show & am looking forward to it!

I just finished listening to the Darrington show recorded August 7, 2005. Although this recording is rife with technical issues that affect Touch, Fatal Shore, and Everyone Believes, the performance of Stand Or Fall is one of the best I've ever heard (save for a split second Rupert error (not a wrong note but a timing thing)). Jamie picks out a pretty bar toward the end (right after Cy sings "...at least we have life") that I've never heard before. And Jamie does a VERY different solo for Deeper and Deeper that really grabbed my attention. It's pretty hot.

Everyone holds $20 at different perceptions of "Dearly". I think this CD is worth $20 for the unique performances of Stand Or Fall and Deeper & Deeper alone.

Hello Heimo,

"Hello Engels and Steve: If you both got the Seattle-Cd, please let us know what you think about it. IMO it sounds outstanding. It should be the second choice if someone wants to buy another cd from that DiscLive-series."

I have the Dallas and Santa Cruz shows. I was waiting to see what everyone said before I bought another one. The Santa Cruz show for the money is the best. I enjoyed the Dallas show as well.

Take Care,

Fixxation

Remember Me Lyrics

If you are a fan of Remember Me When I'm Gone, you should get the 8/5, 8/11, 8/12, and 8/13 shows (the song wasn't part of the 8/7 set).

The lyrics to the song are unique in arrangement at each show (as well as being different in arrangement from the Dallas show). Also, the line "For the flight of my life" wasn't even part of the song at the east coast shows that I saw in March and July. The song was also slowed down a bit on the disclive shows compared to the shows that I attended.

I actually think that I prefer the lyrical arrangement of the Dallas show the most, but a great new song regardless!!!

It will be interesting to hear the final lyrics when they record the song in the studio.

-Chris

Re: Remember Me Lyrics

Originally posted by yyzed
    If you are a fan of Remember Me When I'm Gone, you should get the 8/5, 8/11, 8/12, and 8/13 shows (the song wasn't part of the 8/7 set).

Thanks, Chris for that insight. I hadn't noticed any changes yet as I'm still giving the first go of each recording as a whole. I, for one, am intersted in seeing how songs evolve from writing to actual studio recording. So, I will take a closer listen at your recommendation.

Thanks again.
    Steve

The lyrics to the song are unique in arrangement at each show (as well as being different in arrangement from the Dallas show). Also, the line "For the flight of my life" wasn't even part of the song at the east coast shows that I saw in March and July. The song was also slowed down a bit on the disclive shows compared to the shows that I attended.

AH HA!!!! It was not the MARGARITAS or MY IMAGINATION .... CY DID change the words......

Whew......

Thanks....

Just recieved Seattle and SC ... Listening to Seattle... Heimo was right ... The Emerald City recording is the Best so far that I have heard ....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast