View Poll Results: Which of these songs do you like the most?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less Cities, More Moving People

19 21.35%
  • Woman On A Train

29 32.58%
  • Facing The Wind

23 25.84%
  • Are We Ourselves?

18 20.22%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phantoms - VOTE - Round 2 - Favourite Song

Phantoms - VOTE - Round 2 - Favourite Song

Which of these songs do you like the most?

Click here to see the results of Round 1 for Phantoms.

I went with my all time Fixx "go to" Woman On A Train.

Round 1 was interesting in the movement of the tracks. At one point Sunshine In The Shade was a strong 2nd or 3rd but didn't end up making round 2. Less Cities, More Moving People came out of nowhere over the last few days and surpassed Wish and Sunshine In The Shade.

that was a hard one... Facing the wind .. lyrics...

love ARE WE live....Hmmmm....

have to go with Facing .....

If there is no Wish, it will be Woman on a train.

As was the case in Round One....so let it be in this round....Woman On A Train....
    "I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition was to eat, drink, and be Mary." ~ George Carlin.

As much as I enjoy Woman on a Train, it's a GUY song to me, and I don't always identify with those kinds of songs by any artist. But that is jsut my humble opinion.

I had to vote for "Less Cities, More Moving People" again....makes more of a social statement, and I love that.
    I am the winner in any event.

I agree with The Queen...Less Cities, More Moving People.
    This was a tough one, apples and oranges--each one is great for different reasons. Geez, all of their songs are like that! Kim

I like Woman but I went with Facing The Wind because I will vote Woman on the Woodland vote. So what is to happen if Woman wins on Phantoms and Woodland? Does that mean Woman will be in the poll twice when it comes down to one song from each album? Just wondering.

Without Question, I choose Woman On A Train.

@ Lone Gunman: I agree, the Woodland version of Woman On A Train is a beauty!

Originally posted by Lone Gunman
    ... So what is to happen if Woman wins on Phantoms and Woodland? Does that mean Woman will be in the poll twice when it comes down to one song from each album? Just wondering.
    Good question Gunner. I hadn't thought that far ahead. If there are duplicates like Woman or the Elemental/Happy Landings polls could also produce duplicates, I think we will just go with ONE entry.

Anyone else with ideas on that are encouraged to voice them.
    thx

Phantoms, great album, tough to choose from. Id have to go with Facing the wind, its a great ambient track, soon as I heard it I was blown away (no pun intended lol). Woman on a Train would be my second choice, that and Wish, another wonderful song (not on the list, ho hum).

Originally posted by The Queen
    As much as I enjoy Woman on a Train, it's a GUY song to me, and I don't always identify with those kinds of songs by any artist. But that is just my humble opinion.
    I had to vote for "Less Cities, More Moving People" again....makes more of a social statement, and I love that.
    I chose this one too Your Highness! I can't discriminated based on "guyness" but I think LC, MMP is more substantial and cerebral.

Still, picking just one is SO difficult!

Cyn

I enjoyed revisiting this album in order decide which song to vote for. It's my favorite of the Rupert Hine productions.

I always thought of the songs "Facing the Wind", "I Will", "Wish" and "Phantom Living" as having sort of a nocturnal sound to them. Perhaps because I often listen to the album late at night.

Had to go with "Woman on a Train", though. Jeanette Obstoj does great lyrics. And I like the rhythm and synthesizer sound on that song.

Originally posted by Steve Pariseau
    Good question Gunner. I hadn't thought that far ahead. If there are duplicates like Woman or the Elemental/Happy Landings polls could also produce duplicates, I think we will just go with ONE entry.

Anyone else with ideas on that are encouraged to voice them.
    thx
    I would agree with that if the songs that are repeated are the same sounding....but both of the songs you mentioned don't sound the same musically....slightly different arrangements or whatever. And truth be told I really don't see either of those songs beating out the other possible contenders in Round 3. But that's just my opinion...I have been wrong [frequently] before.
    "I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition was to eat, drink, and be Mary." ~ George Carlin.

Another vote for Facing The Wind. Jamie's fabulous guitar work won me over.

What about?

Woman on a train happens to be my 7 year old daughters favorite track on Phantoms.I also love this song....but what about "Sunshine in the shade"
    sorry to see this did not make the poll.The live version of this track on this cd sends shivers down my spine....for the time being its the closest I can get to seeing the band live.....not a pretty sight seeing a grown man cry!!]

Oops...should have read Steves first post a little better...
    Last edited by Mike; 09-29-2005 at 10:11 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast