Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New York New York !!

New York New York !!

Dear Fixxtures:

START SPREADING THE NEWS..........................CALIFORNIA IN THE HOUSE !!

A few of us (from California) are planning to be at the BB King show in NYC on 10-25! We'd LOVE to meet you east coast Fixxtures there.

Please reply to this thread so we can reserve the right amount of table space for drinks and dinner, and maybe the show (?)

On behalf of your west coast counterparts, I can honestly say "We Can't WAIT !!" to meet you all and see our favorite band in Da City ! I need some NY pizza too !

So c'mon AlliCat, rkrchic, new girl, and all the other east coasters, reply and let's get this party started !

Love to All,

Dr. Roger

gwe64e54...

small wallet and its on a tuesday..... that makes it hard to get out of work or I would...

maybe they will be in Long Island later in the fall???

Are there more fall dates in the works?
    "There can be no tradition without innovation."
    - Earle Hitchner, Irish music journalist

So far, we have Doc, Allicat, Rob and myself. It will be great to meet you NY Fixxtures! (I know...Tuesday is a tough date to hit).

Wink ALMOST THERE!

I am working on it. The hubby said yes but now I don't know still about getting out of celebrating dad's birthdate. Where is B.B. Kings? Is it across from Penn Station? We take the train into the city that is why I need to know. Also what do you mean Doctor Roger about maybe catching the show??? lol! You know I need to be right up front in front of my idols! Does anyone know how the seating works at this place B.B. Kings? I have only got to see The Fixx at standing shows! That is not a problem cause' I love to dance to their music! What is the plan about dinner and drinks? Once I know if I can make this show, maybe I can do some Street Teaming? It would be my 1st time. I was thinking about posting some flyers around Kean University, Rutgers. and the local community college. We also have a few cafes in this area that I could put flyers at too. I just need a flyer! Any graphic designers out there willing to help the cause for your favorite band???????

P.S. - Doctor Roger my picture is posted under Fixxture Faces. That is the best one I have at the moment since I have been hiding from the camera this whole Spring and Summer.

FYI: NYC BB KINGS...

Q.Hotels in the area?

A.We are across the street from the Times Square Hilton and we are down the block from the Westin Times Square.

Q. Tickets?
    A. Tickets can be purchased at our box office or through Ticketmaster. Sorry, we can't do phone orders for tickets.

_
    Q. Seating?
    A. Seating for our concerts are on a first come first served basis; the earlier you are here, the better seats you can get. Sorry, but we cannot seat incomplete parties.

***Some performances are only partially or even non-seated, so please arrive early and call our box office for additional information. All of our seating is cabaret style; you may be seated at a table with other guests. There is a $10 per person Food & Beverage minimum.

B.B. King Blues Club & Grill
    237 West 42 St.
    New York, NY 10036
    Telephone:
    212-997-4144
    "There can be no tradition without innovation."
    - Earle Hitchner, Irish music journalist

Thanks Diamond !

Thanks for the great info.....

That's why I was trying to get a rough number of who's coming, so that we may exert early "influence " to get a few tables, if that be the case. If it turns out to be tables, we can reserve for dinner AND the show, effectively keeping our tables all night. Naturally, I expect we'll be up during the show.

I hope the east coast Fixxtures can come out to play that night, even though it's a Tuesday. So looking forward to meeting you all,

Yours truly,

Dr. Roger

Re: ALMOST THERE!

Originally posted by rkerchic
    I am working on it. The hubby said yes but now I don't know still about getting out of celebrating dad's birthdate. Where is B.B. Kings? Is it across from Penn Station? We take the train into the city that is why I need to know.
    Rob says you get off at Penn Station and go north 3 blocks (from 38th to 42nd st) Can't miss it.

Re: Re: ALMOST THERE!

Originally posted by Cygnet
    Rob says you get off at Penn Station and go north 3 blocks (from 38th to 42nd st) Can't miss it.
    P.S., rkerchic, I'll make a flyer for you.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am SO excited!!!!!!! Fixxtures coming to NYC!!!!!!!! Roger, you rascal, you are actually going to make it! And Cyg & Rob, too
    Looking forward to meeting everyone else as well.

Need I say, count me in?

I look a bit different, with my budda belly. Little girl is cooking away.

We can hang out at my place if there is a need. I'm 2 short subway stops north of BB Kings (@ 18 blocks).

BTW, Penn Station is at 34th & 7th.
    Alli

Thumbs up

That is SO awesome, Alli- I mean about you living so closeby and especially about the buddha belly. That's great! Congratulations! I can't wait to talk...Rhonda
    ...It's what you WILL find...you WILL find...

BB KINGS NYC from penn station

use 8th ave exit out of penn station (you come up at 33rd st), head north up 8th ave, turn right on to 42nd street bb kings about 1/2 block down on your left. no need to use subway or cab, easy 15 minute walk. someone said up 3 blocks WRONG, someone also said across the street from penn sta, thats also incorrect.

you guys know that CREAM is playin madison square garden (above Penn station )that night? i predict that area will be a madhouse that evening.
    makes for a great sideshow.

and doctor roger how will west coast fixxtures (or ANY for that matter) be easily identified at bb kings?

i'm from long island , takin the day off from work and will be there with an ex- girlfriend whom i dated 30 years ago! yup!

PS they start seating at 6pm, once you're seated thats where you stay for both dinner & concert. excellent sound system and good visibilty no matter where you are seated. a bit pricey (what in nyc isn't? ) but a great venue!

regards, ducatiman

I love NYC - but, alas, I will just be returning from Chicago (New York without the attitude) so the West Coast Fixxtures will have to go without me this trip I will be expecting lots of pictures & some entertaining stories.

~Bathe In A Turning Tide~

Info

Pip, You're killing us!!!!

We will be recognized as the California table by virtue of our volume, we'll wear red badges from the west coast tour. I'm SURE you'll be able to spot us. I'll ask Cynget/Robnet to come up with a good idea for the I.D. Plus, at least one of the ladies at our table will be very pregnant.......

Great info and questions ! I look forward to meeting you and you'l old flame, how romantic !

Love to All

Dr. Roger

I want to wake up in the city that never sleeps . . . .

I want to be a part of it . . . New York

New York
    ~Bathe In A Turning Tide~

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast