Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: New York New York !!

Frizzie hair

I hear you on that one about the hair thing. I hate my hair and rainy days always remind me that much more of how I hate it! Too thick and unruly!
    I had it cut short and it still is super poufy and unmanageable!
    I don't even have a decent rain coat. Mine is like a trench coat and it looks like something a flasher would wear!!!!! I wonder if it is worth trying an umbrella cause' usually the wind just kills em'.
    Now you can look for the sopping wet chia head along with the Buddha belly.

Like WHATEVER !!!

Oh Ladies .......

It wouldn't DARE rain Tuesday night! But, if it does, the important thing is inside the club !

Can't wait...tomorrow is the flight, see you all in 47 hours or less !!

Hey Dr R,

At least we Fixxie chickadees are willing to venture out with our wild, frizzy 'dos (and big bellies ). We'll forget about it when inside the club.

Have a safe trip to the big apple. Don't forget your leather jacket and a sweater. (And an umbrella.)
    Alli

LIKE WHATEVER - Allicat and I are Pros

Hey Allicat - we forgot to mention that we are pros at chasing after The Fixx during heavy storms!!!! Remember we both were in the pouring rain at Starland Ballroom back in March. This Noreaster storm can't stop us!!! Now at least I know I can't blow away with the added weight in the front. If anything I'll just wobble like a weeble! lol!
    Hubby actually wanted us to back out after hearing the forecast but I told him, "hell no that will never happen! "
    You'll recognize him as the man with the frown. hee hee hee! I laughed at him the last two concerts cause' he looks so uptight at these things. I am really not sure why but I am hoping he'll loosen up!!!!! See you all in about 21 more hours! Stay dry and stay safe!!!!

Packing....

Ladies,

What is the temp in NY ? Should I bring my heavy winter coat or will the light coat do?

I'm running out of room to pack! I had to bring my bathing suit (for Arkansas), sandals (to look californian), and I don't know how the weather is by you. I get on the plane in 5 hours.....VERY excited ! heeheehee Long or short sleeve shirts? I sound like a diva with a Fashion Emergency, I know, but I want to come prepared. My friend Rich in NJ is looking into a high class hotel suite near BB's for Tomorrow night....we'll see. CAN'T wait to get my hands on that sausage pizza on the way into Jersey tonight !

Also, Alli, I'm hoping you can tell me how to get from Coney Island to BB Kings....

I'll call you later tonight !! LOVE that ultrasound picture !

With Much Love !!!

Dr. Roger

COLD and WET

Doctor Roger-
    The next few days are going to be miserable. Can't you bring some warm California sun? Very windy, heavy rains, and cold. Temperatures are in the 50's by day but drop into the 40's at night. I have been wearing windbreakers but than again the females always have that hormonal hotflash! A leather jacket with a heavy sweater like Allicat said sounds like a good idea. At least dressed in layers you can strip down as needed. Yikes this post sounds a little risque! Forgive me I have not had my morning coffee yet. Sandals may be okay but it will definately say you are from out of town! You will need an umbrella that can fight wind gusts that start at 35 mph. This is not the usual weather but we can blame Wilma and Alpha that are making their way up our coast. This weather is going to be with us until Thursday. I hope all your plans stay in tact with no delays or cancellations. Have a safe flight! See you soon! - Rkerchic

Rkerchic,
    I don't think this rain will be nearly as bad as the night at Starland. That weather was prohibitive (my sister's hub almost forbade her to go!) but I said "we're going." Ha. Anyway, see you soon!

Doctah,
    Weather.com and Yahoo maps are good sources But I would say a light jacket over a sweater will do. Long sleeves for me, my dear. But all depends on your own tolerance for "chilly." Just prepare for mid-40's to mid-50's and drissly. Talk to you later!

Alli

Dress for cold, windy and rainy.

To get from Coney Island to BB's without having to transfer, I would take the N or the Q (The Q is the Broadway Express).

Well!!!

We've been there now- we've done that- what an amazing memory! I loved New York. It was rainy, windy and cold (but I'm a toughy)...some would say "Yuck" but I loved that there were people and food (great food) EVERYWHERE...and incredible architecture. I can't decide on my favorite part of the show...was it when they played "Woman on a Train," or was it when the audience gave them a standing ovation after Red Skies? What a great show. I feel sorry for anyone who missed it. Despite the inclement weather and the fact that Cream was playing at Madison, the club was full. The band deserved it! I hope they enjoyed the night as well!

Oh, and ...am I allowed to say this?... Cy's son is just as sweet and charming as his dad (and so were his friends). It was a special night. Thank you to all who took part!

Sincerely,
    Cygnet
    !!!
    ...It's what you WILL find...you WILL find...

Oh my gosh, it was a fantastic night!! I am still recovering from lack of sleep

Cyg, it was so wonderful to hang with you and Rob, and our dear Doctor R, and also meeting up with other Fixxtures (rkerchic, ducatiman, Cousin O). Everything...what a great experience.

BTW, Cyg, eating baked clams in Little Italy at 3am is a very NY thing to do! So now you can truly say you got a taste of the real NYC.

Yes, it was a thrill to have the encore start with WOAT! And you could really feel the crowd's appreciation during the encore after Red Skies. It was a healthy crowd, despite the nasty weather. I hope the guys return to this venue soon.

The band was so gracious. Their humility is very charming as well. But we know their genuine greatness.

I am SO looking forward to the new material in 2006!! And I also will be on the lookout for Cyndi Lauper's upcoming acustic release, featuring Jamie on guitar!! It may be out in November.

Alli

almost perfect evening

yes, alli, was fantastic eve! great to meet everyone, west & east!

the band was superb, very tight, polished.

what did you think of bb's (aside from running a very tight ship)??????

all our seats were superb, no? the only way you could've got closer would be to sit on the stage! even back a table or 2 was fine.

i'll pm you about a future event at bb's.

ducat in da hat

Hey Ducat,
    Other than the mishap at the door, I thought BB's was fine. Great venue for this band. Hope they return soon!!

Thanks for keeping me in mind for future events.
    Have a great week!
    Alli

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678