Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New York New York !!

Re: BB KINGS NYC from penn station

Originally posted by ducatiman

PS they start seating at 6pm, once you're seated thats where you stay for both dinner & concert. excellent sound system and good visibilty no matter where you are seated. a bit pricey (what in nyc isn't? ) but a great venue!

regards, ducatiman
    Thank you so much for the directions corrections!!!
    About the dinner thing: if we're seated at a table are we required to remain seated throughout the show or is it just a matter of - we will lose our seats once we get up?

As for recognizing us, we'll have to think of something... how about a stamp on our foreheads that says "The Fixx"?
    ...It's what you WILL find...you WILL find...

ny ny

hey, doc roger, i'm DUCATIMAN
    and *I'm the guy with the old flame*......not pip. and IF i can find youse (ny talk), i'll introduce myself . i'll be wearin a black cowboy hat (a la eastwood), i don't think you'll see many of those that night.
    yup, a motorcycle ridin-ny cowboy with bad pronunciation!!!! LOL!!!!

uh, i gotta fess up, this is my 1st fixx concert. i was keepin my eyes peeled for a good concert @ bb's to take the old flame to.....saw the fixx listed so what the hey. always liked their songwriting and as best as i could tell, their musicianship was first rate. so, tell me, how are they live? my gut feeling tells me i'm gonna be pleasantly surprised.

if youse guys have any more questions about bb's i'll be happy to try and answer them, i've been there quite a few times over the past 3 or 4 years now.

to answer cygnet- once you're seated, there's really no reason to wander.
    good visibility and sound from wherever you are. pretty good table service, drinks, food. i don't think you'd want to stand for 2 hours or more, would'ja? you could belly up to the bar, i suppose.... they do squeeze you in like sardines at the tables, though. and general admission means seating at table with strangers, although i've never met someone unpleasant yet at bb kings! met young & old folks from all over the world and even........from new jersey there! LOL!

regards, ducatiman

Well, no, I'd prefer not to stand through any opening acts, that's for sure and certain! Just that we all usually stand in front of the stage and dance and sing when it's Fixx time. Yes, you will be very pleasantly surprized- especially if you've NEVER seen them before- they're FANTASTIC! I'll be lookin' for the cowboy hat- black, huh? Cool.
    ...It's what you WILL find...you WILL find...

ny ny

cygnet-

you're part of the so cal group with doctor roger i take it? how many in your group coming from w coast?

are the fixx THAT GOOD that you're coming all the way just for concert? jeez.....

near as i can tell, there is no opening act and thats actually a good thing.
    more time to the headliner. saw eric johnson there in july (both 8 and 10:30pm shows) with no opening act. 8 show went for 2 hours and late show went almost 2 3/4 all JUST eric. you ever hear him? a guitar MONSTER! great songwriting and band too.

saw him WITH an opener (who took a good 45 min) @ bb's the year before and it just went TOO quick. eric then played maybe 1 1/2 hour tops. *no* opener much preffered.

the tables and chairs are placed RIGHT up to the edge of the stage @ bb's. there's no "pit" or dance floor. they're jammin in as many as possible. dancins gonna be a liitle tight, you'll see. hey, do what you feel....

ever been to times square area?
    ain't NO place in the world like it. go early, take in the sights.

regards, ducatiman (gotta leave the bike home that day)

Hi Cyg,

Can't wait to see you guys and catch up! It's great you both can make it.

Pippi, you will be missed!
    Alli

I am so sad - FIXXtures and New York City - what a wonderful combination. Yes, ducatiman, they are that good. It is sure to be a most magical night. I will be there in spirit - you will feel me there.
    ~Bathe In A Turning Tide~

Hey Ducatiman

Sup, Ducatiman?

Dr. Roger here (from Coney Island a long time ago). Thanks for your insight and local info.

Yes, the Fixx are that good. I'll come across the country to see them, and after seeing the show, you'll probably do the same. Truly one of the best bands and shows around today. Consider it a "date night" for you and your flame.
    Certain songs will make you both croon and surely, it will take you both back in time to the day when you met and dated. Not to mention the quality and showmanship of these guys. Add the close knit Fixxture crowd factor, and it makes for one great, very memorable night.

Cowboy Hat? Is that what "yiz" are wearing in NY these days? In my day it was Alvin Lee tie dye jackets! If you go to McCann's bar, upstairs, you'll see the carvings we made in the wood back in 75 and 76. Look for Roger-OBNJ (Old Bridge New Jersey).

Looking forward to meeting you, and I hope you'll post more messages for us to enjoy. See yiz in a few weeks, can't WAIT for the NY pizza !

Dr. Roger

nyny

doc rog-

how r ya. you're actually a d...d...doctor? the flame....well we actually met and were involved wayyyy before ever hearing of the fixx, i'm goin back to the early to mid '70's here. by late '70's it was history. just good friends now. lets leave it at OLD flame. in my eyes shes still as sweet as ever, though.

how many in your west coast group anyway? *** i may have some further insights for y'all **. important to let me know!

like i said go early to times sq enjoy and score some o that pizza!
    if you guys are stayin a bit in ny and like jazz , LES PAUL (yes, THAT les paul) plays at the iridium every monday nite. thats a jazz club on broadway and 49th i think.
    he's in his 90's now. his backup band is great (young guitar guy named frank vignola does most o the lead work now, but you'll drop your jaw, hes lightning fast and very tasty!) and les is a must-see to tell your grand-kids about! hey, you a guitar player?

hey , I"M wearin a cowboy hat these days to cover up, you know, some, shall we say, desolate territory!!!!!! LOL! not necessarily a fashion statement as much as necessity!

you guys are hypin me up here! i'm sure the fixx'll be great!
    lookin forward to somehow hookin up.

ducat

Nerve almost worked up

Hey all you wondering West Coasters I am about ready to announce to the family I want to skip Dad's birthday for the Fixx. Wish me luck!

I want to say a great big thanks to Diamond, Cygnet, and Rob for all the information regarding directions and seating. Is there a separate fee for the show or does the cost of dinner and drinks cover everything? What is the menu like?

Hey we may need a larger table for me and Allicat. Congrats Allicat how far along are you? I will be 16 weeks by the time The Fixx are back in our area. Looks like our children will be brought up with a great taste in music!
    Is this your first baby? I wonder if they will charge us for the extra space for the belly? Actually I am not that round yet and it depends on what I wear that can camouflage or reveal. I choose to camoflouge it!
    I was looking to meet you at the last Jersey show. Actually Cousin O from Jersey said he knew you so he was trying to spot you so we could say hey. Well I hope I can make it so I can meet a fellow New Yorker and all those West Coast Fixxtures! I pray all you Californians stay safe during those wildfires. Guess you are all so hottttttt that you are startin' fires. lol!

rkerchic!

You're preggers, too? Congrats! I am currently in my 16th week. Looking forward to meeting you!!

Yes, she's my first; how about you?

Yes, I met Cousin O at the NJ show before last. Nice guy. We were the only fans hanging outside the bus in the rain (it was a dreary night), and Jamie kindly invited us to go back into the club as he packed up his gear.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to go to the most recent show in Jersey, so that is why you couldn't find me.
    Alli

ny ny

allicat- you're a nu yawka! whereabouts you reside?

and rkerchic , you're from jersey! right around da corna!!!

menu, directions, mondo information about bb kings is at www.bbkingblues.com club website.

dinner is above and beyond the $20 concert tickets (are you kiddin, in nyc???)
    great portions, even enough for *pregnant* ladies eating for 2 , i'm sure. super burger platter ($19 if memory serves me correct) , the usual steaks, chicken, fish, some southern style stuff , too. you'll love it! again, menus on website.

doc rog-- www.iridiumjazzclub.com for les paul info. not to be missed if you're comin all the way from left coast.

ducat

Hey there Allicat and a shout out to Ducatiman

Hey Allicat I was at that show too back in March when it was pouring. It was the Starland Ballroom. I waited outside by the bus for a little while but I only seen Mick Weick, the former tour manager get nasty with another fan who wanted to get a poster signed. I decided it was not worth my wait in the rain after seeing that. Are you a Jamie and Cy fan too? I know some Fixxy Chics love Rupert too. He is a nice guy but reminds me of an uncle on my dad's side so it is hard to have a crush thing, if ya' know what I mean. Last Fixx concert is what got me in trouble. This is my 2nd child. I have a 2 year old daughter. She too is becoming a groupie. Her favorite artist is John Mellencamp. Already has an autograph and went to his summer concert at PNC Arts Center. At another recent concert, she had her picture with Joan Jett and already knows the words to "I Love Rock and Roll". It is so precious!!!!! I look forward to meeting you.

Hey there Ducatiman! Yeah I am a Jersey Girl but I live so very close to the Big City. I don't believe I have the attitude though! I know I seen someone say that about this area on one of the posts! Not everyone here comes across that way but if ya' push me too far than I can be nasty! I do talk and walk fast though which goes with the territory. Where are you from? It is great that you will finally catch The Fixx live. They are really awesome!! This will be my 4th show. I think you will not be disappointed, Hopefully I can meet you too!
    How are the East Coasters going to be recognized? Talk to ya' later!!!!!!

Thanks

Hey, Ducat :

Thanks for the LP info ! Perhaps we can go as a group with other interested Fixxtures (Like Cyg and Robnet) as they are musicians themselves. I'm about to lock in the details of how many days I can escape for (thus, how many shows I can catch while there), etc.

I enjoy your posts, and also those of rkrchick! Keep Dem coming, will yizz?

The East Coasters should be easily recognized by their :

(Fill in the blanks)

1. Sheer Loudness
    2. Pregnant Fixxturettes
    3. Incredibly Beautiful Smiles
    4. _________________
    5. __________________
    6. __________________

Love All A Yizz,

Dr. Roger

Thanks Doctor Roger for all the compliments! There may not be enough room in B.B. Kings for my swelled up head now!

Could we add to the list "GI- normous" hair? Unless I chop it all off again. Right now I can pass for Jamie's sister! Hee hee hee - I guess it's that Jersey girl hair thang or chia pet has started growing from my scalp again!
    The "GI-normous" part I thought was funny .
    I am still trying to come up with another creative way for you all to spot us. hmmmm

Still did not announce to dad yet. Maybe tonite I will. I kind of feel bad but I would feel worse if I miss the Fixx.

Don't forget to add to that list:

Most likely to be dancing
    Most likely to know the lyrics, new & old

Please take and share lots of pictures of the Fixx-tures there!
    Ooo--Les Paul--much envy! Best wishes, have a great time!

Kim
    My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
    ~Dalai Lama

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    ~Adam Savage

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast