Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New York New York !!

tickets

got em about a month ago....

To XTCtom

Sorry I will not have the opportunity to meet you. B.B. Kings will be the only show I am catching this time around. I hope you enjoy the Niagara show!

Originally posted by xtctom
    Are you guys only going to BB Kings , or are you going to York, Pittsburgh also? Bufalogal & I will be at those 2 shows.
    Rob and I are only going to BBKings but I think Roger's gonna make it to at least one of the Penn shows.
    ...It's what you WILL find...you WILL find...

Question question for Ducatiman

Hey Ducatiman since you seem to know much about B.B. kings, do you know generally what time the shows end and totally clear? I am trying to figure what train I need to catch to get home before the last train which seems to be 1:41 am - YIKESSS way past my bedtime!!!!!!!!!
    If I can't work out my time with the train system then I have to come up with plan B which will cost a lot more $$$$$$$! Thanks for all your answers so far! You have been a great help!!!!!

times for rkerchic

hey rkerchic...i'll do the best i can to approximate times , but its just a *guesstimate*from a mixture of knowledge gleaned from previous shows i've been to , an application of common sense and pure guessing. read on......

1st, let me say bb kings is *very well run* and must adhere tightly to schedules when there are 2 shows in an evening. of course, thats not the case tues the 25th.
    that said, concert starting time will be 8 or *very shortly* thereafter. the opener typicallly 45 minutes, lets say till 9 for my guestimate here.
    next give approx 1/2 hour between for equipment changes between the 2 bands. i'll guess here and say start time for the fixx approx 9:30.

you'd know better than i how long the fixx sets are.....as this is my 1st "fixx"!!!!! i'll guess 2 hours max. that'll be about an 11:30pm end.
    give 15 minutes to get out of the club. are you walking to penn station? give that 20 minutes. remember that cream is playin the garden that night, i surmise the area will be a bit crowded near penn, may even have crowded trains? who knows.....

hope i've helped ...... ducat

ps...did you get your tickets?

The Fixx usually play a one and a half hour show. I don't think you'll have trouble getting to the train on time unless we Fixxtures keep you way too occupied.

THANKS DUCATIMAN( and CYGNET TOO)

Thanks for the approximation of times. It was really helpful! I got the train schedules I can catch a 12:30, 12:42 or 1:41 a.m. The 1:41 a.m. is the last one so I 'm thinking and hoping to catch the 12:42. I walk very fast so that should not take long to get to the train. Would you believe I did not buy my tickets yet? I was waiting to get the train schedule cause' if the last train was before midnite, I was going to have to buy tickets for my sis and brother-in-law so they would drive in. Me and the hubby never drive in the city - Don't have the patience!!!!!! Plus it is a little cheaper to go by train I believe. Thanks again!

P.S. - Ducatiman and Cygnet are either of you going to have dinner there? I am planning to. Maybe we could get a table together? I can be in the City by 5:00 p.m.

dinner @ bb's

rkerchic-

yes, i'll be eating dinner @ bb's with a young lady friend. i'm takin the day off work, doin the times square area tourista thing in the afternoon.

if you haven't got tickets yet, you need to go to the box office downstairs @ bb's BEFORE queing up on the line! the line forms outside bb's, there's a long bicycle rack type fence outside, you que up there. gen admission, 1st come 1st serve. they open @ 6pm so you get seated, you have 2 hours till showtime. order, eat, by then close to 8pm. SAME SEATS dinner & show.

its gonna be awful hard to hook up though.
    as dr roger alluded in an earlier mail, how would we recognize eachother?
    he asked if anyone had a surefire ID method...heck i dunno.

i have an idea....if you could email me direct ...ducatiman@optonline.net

regards, ducatiman

I D

Hey Ducat !

I sure you'll see me at or near the front, trying to hold as many seats as possible. Looking forward to meeting you, rkrchic, and all other Fixxtures !

Only 7 more days..... how quickly they go by.............

Dr. Roger

Re: surefire ID method

I call it cell phones! Exchange numbers and then direct yourselves to each other. I don't know about dinner yet. I hadn't thought about it, actually. I suspect we'll try to eat there.

Cell phone ID works for me

Hello Ducatiman, Doctor Roger, and Cygnet -
    I think the cell phone idea is great. Ducatiman I will E-mail you at that E-mail you left see what your idea is?
    I will try to order my tickets now. It is only me and hubby, so Doctor count us for two or is that 2 1/2 for the little belly?????
    I will send my cell phone number to Doctor Roger and Cygnet's pm.
    I am getting so psyched up!!!!!!!!

hookin up

dr rog, cygnet aand rkerchic-

i'll pm you guys my cell phone. (you got mine, rkerc) just gonna be real difficult to hook up and get seated together, you'll see. remember, club capacity is 650! the front seats are a hot commodity!

dr rog, i don't believe they'll let you hold seats, either. buy hey, give it a shot....

i'll be in lucilles bar (within bb kings club) in late afternoon.

that may be a great place for the fixxtures to meet up after the concert!!!
    its open till 1am, free band , same food, drinks! if any of you folks have a line to the boys in the band, maybe they could be enticed to join the faithful for a drink!!!! what do you think?

hey, i'm STOKED!!!!

ducat wit da cowboy hat!!!

Question ANY REMEDIES DOCTOR ROGER???????

Well Doctor Roger -
    After hearing what Ducatiman said about the seating and the hot commodity of being in the front seats, do you think you can have any more pull through the band members? Especially for all the West Coasters who spent a lot of money and time to travel across the U.S. for the love of their favorite band!!!!!! Could we bribe someone - huh?????? I hope we get good seats! Strangely I was looking at my tickets that I just received and there are seat numbers in the right hand corner. What is that about?

Don't forget to pm me with a cell number for that day. I should most likely be in the City by 5 p.m. Hubby is going to sneak out of work a few minutes earlier. Small possibility I could get there a little sooner.

ALMOST A WEEK AWAY!!!!!!

seating, dr rog

guys-

FWIW , i'm not convinced that front row are (sonically) the best seats in the house, the pa system is then above and behind you. good sound system, BTW. i've been in front row a few times, you get your brains blown out by whoever is directly in front of you, but IMHO, fidelity suffers. i prefer center and about 1/3 to 1/2 way back. visually and sonically fine. less directional, a more balanced sound.

rkerchic- my ticketron tickets clearly state gen admission, GAO. always been that way at bb's.

my hot tip for the evening.....get there in the late afternoon and meet me in lucilles bar! use cell phones as agreed. oh-oh ....i seem to have a remembrance that there is no phone signal INSIDE the building, you're actually below street level with a skyscraper built above you at bb kings! you can understand why signal would suffer! the way around this is to start callin each other real early 4 or 5pm prior to entering building, i guess. then meet inside at lucilles as we arrive? any better ideas?

ducat in the hat

Hey all,
    I'll be there, hanging with the good doc. See everyone soon!
    Alli

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast