Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Fixx Fans' favorite bands??

Black Eyed Peas y'all
    They're comin' through to take control of each zip code
    Bridging the gap from rap to calypso.
    They're gonna stirke each city from Frisco, Tokyo, back to San Luis Obispo

Yeh, they tight!
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

(Sherrilyn Kenyon, Devil May Cry)

http://www.wordclay.com/BookStore/BookStoreBookDetails.aspx?bookid=37784

Anyone on the list seen the movie Downtown 81? The soundtrack is very cool (James White and the Blacks, Kid Creole and the Coconuts, the Plastics...) and so is the movie of course.

I like Radiohead's new album. I've been listening to a lot of ambient music by Steve Roach lately (for relaxing).

I also like:

Talk Talk
    Talking Heads
    Cocteau Twins
    Patrick O'hearn
    Thomas Dolby
    Liquid Liquid
    Outhud
    Adult.
    B-52's

(and, of course, I could probably list another 50 bands I like to listen to!!!)

Brooks

Ok, hip hop is cool:

De La Soul
    Tribe Called Quest
    Mos Def
    Talib Qweli
    Jurassic 5
    The Roots

...when I'm in the mood

two more I have to include!

Depeche Mode (up to Violator because Alan Wilder is THE MAN)
    New Order (and Joy Division) up to Substance 87

So many...say when!

Chameleons, New Order, Cocteau Twins, Xymox, Church, Smiths, Cure, Mode, Simple Minds, Peter Gabriel, Peter Murphy, Kitchens Of Distinction, Opposition, Kraftwerk, OMD, Ultravox, Trisomie 21, Frozen Ghost, Rush, Journey, Skinny Puppy, Ministry, Front Line Assembly, Cabaret Voltaire, Nitzer Ebb, INXS, Big Country, Pink Industry, U2, Sugarcubes, 10,000 Maniacs, Psych Furs, Police/Sting, Clash, Killing Joke, Faith Assembly, Enigma, Mission, Big Audio Dynamite, Television, Bryan Ferry, Blade Runner Sndtk., Bob Marley, Propaganda, R.E.M., B-52's, Cult, Mission of Burma...

...er, is that 5? So hard to stop at 5.

The two CDs I listen to the most at work are Kraftwerk's Computer World, and Ultravox's Vienna. They just never get old.

Jim

All very good choices......... most definitely!

I get into Busta Rhymes, Eve, Tupac, Lil Kim, Eminem, David Bowie, and a long *** list of others. . . there that should settle it!

I think. . . .
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

fishnoises Guest
    Man, I used to have all my CD's organized in alphabetical order. I used to know who produced what album. I had the albums in order of the year they where released too. I wrote them all down on a list, and updated it as I got new CDs. Now, I have to put my Fixx CD's up high so that the little ones do not wreck them! (They have their own special CD holder.) The rest of the CD are on there own. (At least they are still in there cases.) Now my 12 year old niece is asking me all kind of questions about new bands that I have never heard of. She thinks "Good Charlotte" is punk. I start to get real nervous and sweaty when she ask me if I heard of this band or that band. OH MY GOD!! When did I get out of the loop?
    Yesterday I listened to the Smiths, the Cure, the Primitives and the Sugarcubes. My kids danced with me. I was a happy mommy.
    Caroline

fishnoises Guest
    As for Eminem, he has got my attention. And it helps that he is a "homeboy".
    Caroline
    ps I like Madonna too so there.

Good Charlotte is really good. Good clean alternative rock. As for Eminem, you may hold off on sharing that with your kids. If Eminem's The Eminem Show were rated like a motion picture, it would be rated X (just listen to Drips). And they guy has major issues with his Dad, yeah, that's just what you want your kids to hear.

Actually, you can't really listen to much of anything these days because of language, sexual content, and violence. I try to monitor the 12 year old monster as much as possible, but what I have realized is that your kids will learn to make decent judgment calls. . . just not all the time or when you want them to. . .

FYI- Good Charlotte is post Orgy. I loved Orgy- their cover of "Blue Monday" was just beyond fabulous!!!!!! Another decent track by Orgy is "Stitches". . . "tying yourself to me- stitch up my emptiness, cuz you're the death of me. . . so precious, loving the thrill. . ." Not too shabby for Geggy Tah after leaving Marilyn Manson!

Acheron Parthenopaeus

Naw. . . "Superman" is the track on that one to watch for. Even though I like it, I would not recommend even letting the edited version get to anyone under seventeen. He is talented, but sometimes, you can do w/o the graphic descriptions. But he is only a slap less raunchy than NWA- I know you guys have to remember them and 2 Live Crew. Can you say deprived as children?

ROFLMAO

Acheron Parthenopaeus

fishnoises Guest
    I can't even turn on the radio with my kids in the car without having to switch channels constantly. I would never buy an Eminem album. I do think he is talented and is a good writer, but it is not something I can relate to at all. I usually put a Christian station on, or a cassette tape. I am so tired of switching radio stations--soemtimes I just want to turn that thing off! (I hardly ever drive on my own--so I have to be careful what I am listening too. My almost 6 year old is growing so fast. I swear she is already developing a crush on Justin Timberlake!!)
    Caroline

I thought I outgrew boy bands. . . and then I saw Justin Timberlake. . .

Even though it is for 12 year old girls, I got to admit the new JT cd is hott! I was done with boy bands when NKOTB fell apart, but I am still deeply in love with Jordan Knight (**sigh**).

Oh, but watch those crushes. . . my son says Jennifer Lopez, Cindy Crawford, and Janet Jackson are his girlfriends as well as Trish Stratus of WWF/WWE fame. . .

Acheron Parthenopaeus

I'm an eighties music junkie

I Love (all time favourites)

Ultravox
    Depeche Mode
    The Mockers (NZ band)
    The Cars
    ReFlex
    ABBA
    Bee Gees
    Talking Heads
    Police

But depending on mood

Ozzy Osbourne
    Cyndi Lauper
    James Taylor
    Dire Straits

But if its 80's i will generally like it. and 60 and 70's too.

I find anything particularly later than 1990 pretty awful, and i'm only 32. Sometimes i feel i was born 15 years too late. :-)

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast