Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stepping Up

Huh?

Okay, so this thread's a month old. I'm sorry- ...and you think I should head this up? I'm laughing. But ...Okay- and with Jeanne and Rkerchic if they're into it.
    Justin, I love your cute picture! I hope your dad didn't make you feel like you weren't doing a good job because I made business cards and you didn't. Trust me...that was never my intention.
    Officially, yes, I give you my word- I will take over the job and WE will FIXX the world!
    Thank you
    Thank you... now get to work!

Rkerchic, I think what it would entail at this point, would be making copies of flyers/posters that I'll send you and distributing them to interesting places. I'd like to do business cards again for their next tour...whenever that will be...and then you can do what I did and distribute them to other Fixxtures to be handed out at the shows or places like music stores...

Does that sound okay?
    By the way,
    I'll be at BBkings on the 25th-
    Will you be there?

(just wondering)

SO... Are we dividing the Street Teams into regions then??????

As far as delivery goes and distribution, it makes sense to do that- I can send things to you and Rkerchic and then your job is to distribute them to the street team members in your region- how's that? As for responsibility for flyers and cards, etc. I'll still send them out to you unless you feel you can afford to contribute financially. As with all street team members, we are all equally responsible for coming up with creative ideas- every mind matters!
    ...It's what you WILL find...you WILL find...

Indiana contingent

Hi Cygnet! Hi Rkerchic! Hi Jeanne!

I realise I fall under Jeanne's region, being Indiana, but I am willing to help out however you need...keep me in the loop, let me know.

Kim
    My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
    ~Dalai Lama

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    ~Adam Savage

Of course, Kim... as Cygnet said ... this is a Group Effort and everyones Ideas and opinions are welcomed......

Yes! We definitely need you, Kim! Thanks!

Hey count me in

Hello Cygnet, Jeanne, and MSmith1 -

Cygnet, I am hoping to be at the NYC show as I only live less than 30 minutes from the city. I have to try to get out of celebrating dad's birthday that night. Either way I will do the Street Teaming for this area. I like the music store idea. I live near a Sam Ash mega music store. I also live near a local college, A University ( which is near a train station that goes into New York), and many Coffee houses. I will ask all my friends to give a hand too as they too can post at Seton Hall, Princeton, and Rutgers. We have a lot of outdoor festivals going on over the next couple of weeks so I could even leave a few around those areas. Let me know the cost of printing and shipping these flyers and/or business cards? Will you need my home address? I can send it to you pm if you do. I hope to meet you at B.B. Kings!
    Jeanne and Msmith1, I would have loved to meet you also. Thanks for offering your assistance! If any of you have something you want me to distribute let me know. Msmith1 - you are from Indiana? My 2 year old is totally in love with Mellencamp! Years ago, sis almost went to Indiana U. but realized shed 'be homesick so wound up goin' a little closer (Maryland).
    See if you Fixxy Chics can make another East Coast show so we canl meet one day! Oh and if you ask me I think GGGgreg is jealous of the 2 of you and your beauty!

Hi Rkerchic! And everyone!
    Yes, I'm a native Hoosier, Indianapolis area...don't know how grew up and evaded the Hoosier "twang," though. LOL! Indiana is Mellencamp, for sure.
    Sorry to miss you, I'll be at the Pittsburgh show, this time around--the closest they're playing to Indiana right now.
    I don't know how much this will help, but when I printed up the 4 color flyers I did for the Indy show, they cost about $1.00 a piece, Kinko's. I'll try to put it out here, for you to see what it was.
    I'm having 2 color folded, printed front/inside flap biz cards redone for the gallery, and they're running .49 a piece on cream card stock.
    Seems these days, you can't get out of shipping via United Parcel Service for under $10.00? But you can send alot via bubble pack lined envelopes in the US Mail, more affordably.
    Kim
    ~Dalai Lama

~Adam Savage

I spent about $200 on the business cards and magnets (100 magnets and 2500 cards)... If we can design a cool B/W flyer, I thought we'd just have everybody print out a copy from here, take it to our local copy machines and print out our own stacks. That way we won't run out and if we have leftovers, we don't have to feel bad throwing them away. Now, if you WANT to donate to make a really nice flyer, card, whatever...I know where you're at and you're welcome to go there. I'm in a let's save money mood right now I guess. If you're not, then go ahead and print some up!
    ...and sorry I haven't made a flyer yet. The simpler and more eye-catching, the better; but we want to make it clear that this is the REAL FIXX. Rob and I have made lots of flyers for bands we've been in over the years. I'll just get to work right now while I'm thinking of it and see if I can make something that's just black and white but doesn't look cheap.

I may fail miserably...stay tuned...

Hey, I just called Kinko's Copies and they said we can bring in our own reams of paper...that means we can buy colored paper and print black on it for the same cost as printing on their white paper. Here it's 8 cents a copy.

So a black and white flyer could also be black and bright yellow ...or black and hot pink...or bright green- something attention-grabbing!

Indy Flyer

http://www.cornervise.com/the_Fixx_photos/FIXX.doc

This is the link to the flyer we used in Indy. It's a Word doc and can easily be modified. Hope this helps.
    I can try to get the T-shirt image design I mocked up on here, if you like...

Kim

Last edited by msmith1; 10-02-2005 at 10:17 AM.
    ~Dalai Lama

~Adam Savage

FLYERS

Hey there Cygnet and Msmith1 -
    I think I am with Cygnet on trying to save a little money. I think it is a great idea to make a flyer and bring it to our own Kinkos. I could not get the file to open that mssmith1 posted. If you have a flyer see if you can post it so I can view it. I have a fax machine so if I can't get the copy to print via my computer, maybe someone can fax me?

msmith1, I read the pm and not sure right now about doin' the merchandise table. You see I am pregnant and my energy levels have been getting wiped out! I am saving all my energy to enjoy our talented and ever so handsome guys!!!!!! Plus I will have to walk a few block to catch the train to and from the show so I don't know how long I'd be hanging out afterwards.

Keep me posted with your great ideas!!!!!!!

I'm all for being cost-aware, too...it adds up quickly, yeah.
    May have to send it from my work computer where it was created, we were trying to do it from Mark's "Franken-puter" from the house...same with the T-shirt ones.
    It's almost time again for Mark to climb on the roof with it during a storm and do the "give my creation life." LOL!

Kim
    ~Dalai Lama

~Adam Savage

Hello all....

WOW .. when great minds get together.....look at all the ideas!!!!!

Kim...loved the Flyer!!!!!!!!!!!!!....

I will not be at any of the shows, Ryckerchic.... I ended up buying a new car and it cut into my Fixx expense account.......But someday, soon..I look forward to it .. and all of us putting our heads together... may have to get 3 way calling on my phone......

.. RHONDA .. have a great time... I can't wait to get the Full report form you and Kim( in Pittsbutg) ....

....Enjoy the show

Here is an idea I originally thought for the back of a T-shirt (see next post for the front). Kim
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by msmith1; 10-03-2005 at 11:06 AM.
    ~Dalai Lama

~Adam Savage

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast