Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stepping Up

6. Two Different Views (Alternate version)

Oh MY.... dare I Hope??????????

3 thumbs up from me!

Originally posted by Jeanne Thelen
    6. Two Different Views (Alternate version)

Oh MY.... dare I Hope??????????
    They've already released two different views of that song (pardon the pun). One on "Want That Life" and one on "Happy Landings and Lost Tracks." I'm assuming they're going to use the Happy Landings, laid-back version...but I could be wrong- just that Ed said there were no surprises...and the acoustic "Saved By Zero" is probably the one from Woodland. No complaints here though.
    I'm so glad they're re-releasing the tracks from HL&Lost Tracks because they really are FANTASTIC! More people need to hear them. Freeman and Modern World should be on regular radio rotation these days, in my opinion. I see they left off "Modern World" always good to save something for the future I guess. I love that song. Then again, I'm a funkmeister!

Always happy to have one more FIXX cd. Good chance for new people to taste the goods all at once. More people will know what we're talking about when we say they're the best band in the world!
    ...It's what you WILL find...you WILL find...

Re: 3 thumbs up from me!

Originally posted by Cygnet
    They've already released two different views of that song (pardon the pun). One on "Want That Life" and one on "Happy Landings and Lost Tracks."
    I think you meant Elemental Cygie

IF it is the Happy Landings Version ... I will be the happiest girl in the whole wide world.. as that is my most favorite of all favorites Fixx song....

Originally posted by Jeanne Thelen
    IF it is the Happy Landings Version ... I will be the happiest girl in the whole wide world.. as that is my most favorite of all favorites Fixx song....
    I never met a girl that is so easy to satisfy, Jeanne

AWWW... that is one of the sweetest thing that has ever been said to me.... thanks Heimo....

Really...it does not take much to keep me happy.....
    Last edited by Jeanne Thelen; 10-07-2005 at 05:16 PM.

Elemental

Originally posted by Steve Pariseau
    I think you meant Elemental Cygie
    Ooops- I meant "Elemental," not "Want That Life." Thanks Steve!

Pennsylvania

Hey Cygnet,
    Who is the Pennsylvania contingent? If you get cards to me and when I get some flyers done up, they could be mailed to be distributed...I won't get there until actual day of the Pittsburgh show.
    Thanks! Kim
    My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
    ~Dalai Lama

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    ~Adam Savage

hmm...Penn. Contingent...good question. I'm not doing cards this time but if we could find someone in the area to distribute the flyers, I was thinking- the flyer for BBKings, I could easily change on my end for each different show and email it out to whomever would like to print it out, make copies and distribute them. I'll start a thread and ask.

I try to keep some form of FIXX advertisement in my purse at all times. Then, whenever I come across a public bulletin board, I pin something on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ~Bathe In A Turning Tide~

Thumbs up

Janet, that's SO cool! I heard from Ed that the guys were wondering why I didn't use their logo for the name on the cards I made. (I just didn't know how to do it...maybe you do?) Summer 2005 tour is over, but 2006 is on its way. It's great to have such incredible artists among us. Keep it up!
    Rhonda

Hey are the B.B. King Flyer design almost ready?

Only two weeks away! I have a few days this week that I will not be tied up caring for my niece so I thought I may have time to start posting flyers.
    It is so cool because I found out that across the street from the Sam Ash Music store there is also a Guitar Center so I may see if I can leave one there. Okay now think this Frank Sinatra tune " Start spreading the news do do do da do ....... I want to be a part of it in old New York!" Okay I hope I put what lyrics that are ther in proper context. Sorry was not a big Sinatra fan, but now if we are talkin' The Fixx doing Nancy Sinatra's "Boots Made for Walking," then you got my ears and my soul!

Re: Hey are the B.B. King Flyer design almost ready?

Originally posted by rkerchic
    Only two weeks away! I have a few days this week that I will not be tied up caring for my niece so I thought I may have time to start posting flyers.
    It is so cool because I found out that across the street from the Sam Ash Music store there is also a Guitar Center so I may see if I can leave one there. Okay now think this Frank Sinatra tune " Start spreading the news do do do da do ....... I want to be a part of it in old New York!" Okay I hope I put what lyrics that are ther in proper context. Sorry was not a big Sinatra fan, but now if we are talkin' The Fixx doing Nancy Sinatra's "Boots Made for Walking," then you got my ears and my soul!
    I made a flyer, sent it to Ed yesterday and now am waiting for his reply. As soon as he says it's okay, I'll send it to you via email as an attachment unless he can post it so folks can download it. I think he took the day off from the computer today (he deserves it!). Yes, I'm sure you can post flyers and even leave stacks of them if you want at Guitar Center (at least out here you can). Thanks for your enthusiasm! Let's sell out these shows!!!

Yes, these ones I used last summer. Perhaps when I get back from vacation, I will have time to whip up something new. If my customer load isn't too backed up. I am busy trying to get orders out before I leave.
    ~Bathe In A Turning Tide~

To Cygnet and Pippi

Thank you Cygnet and Pippi! Hey are you both artists of some type? There seems to be some talent on your end! I admire it and wish I had that gift! Keep up the wonderful work!

P.S.- Thanks to Ed also. I don't know much about you but I take it that you are the graphic designer and have close ties to the Fixx. Correct me if I am wrong. If I am right than a super big thanks and hugs go to you!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast