Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Saga Thread

Smile Thanks Skip

Hello Skip,

I will get it, "Images" is ease to remember because Saga had an album called Images At Twlight.

Hey by chance were you born in 63 (Skip63)? Just curious because I am.

Fixxation

Ya I'm an old fart Grew up on Zep, Black Sabbath,SteppenWolf,Deep Purplle then in 76' I heard Rush 2112 and Progressive rock fan was born. But I love all music. The wife saw that The Fixx was in town last month and we went and loved it. and here I am on their message board. 63 was a good year.

Smile A Great Year!

Hello Skip,

Are we old? I don't feel old. I love the same music as you do. Do you remember Nazareth? I saw them a few times.

What new groups do you like?

Fixxation

Re: You Guys Are Bringing Tears To My Eyes

Originally posted by Fixxation
    Hello All,

I have been a Saga fan since the beginning. They played my high school back in the late 70's early 80's in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. I was hooked! Living here in the USA, I forgot about them. It is a shame that great talent like the Fixx and Saga get very little recognition here in the US.

It is scary to me that Saga was the first band that I was absolutely "addicted to". I went to every concert they played in Toronto and followed their career. Today, I am "addicted to" the Fixx. I would have never drawn the parallel between the two bands. Thanks for keeping me informed and I will be in Canada in two weeks and I plan on stocking up on Saga.

Thanks for bringing back old but good memories for me. If I can dig them up, I will post some of my Saga pictures. I don't have any great ones but I have some from early in their career.

Fixxation
    It would be great to see some old photos, I have a few in my posession. Really old ones, where Michael Sadler has this massive handlebar moustache

Re: Thanks Skip

Hey by chance were you born in 63 (Skip63)? Just curious because I am.

Fixxation
    Fixxy & Skip,

Add me to the "born in '63" & Saga/Fixx fans set. Just recently got "Worlds Apart" on CD. Had been listening to the cassette I had of it for ages and decided it was time for the CD copy.

Geoff
    "I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition was to eat, drink, and be Mary." ~ George Carlin.

Smile oKAY nOW tHIS iS gETTING sCARY

Hello Silent,

Okay, this is getting scary. Based on this random sample is it save to say that people born in 63 love The Fixx and Saga and have great taste in music? Hey Silent, tell Skip we are not old.

"Where Michael Sadler has this massive handlebar moustache." Hey Wilkie UK, if I can find mine I have the same kind of shots.

Fixxation

Re: oKAY nOW tHIS iS gETTING sCARY

Hey Silent, tell Skip we are not old.
    Fixxation
    OK Fixxy here goes....

Skip.....you're only as old as ya feel.

After the stuff that's been goin on in this neck of the woods I'm feeling like I'm in my 20's again.

Geoff
    "I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition was to eat, drink, and be Mary." ~ George Carlin.

Smile Right On! Silent

Hello Silent,

If you ever make to Southern California let me know, I owe you atleast a beer for the "Sniff and The Tears" song you had on one of my posts. Right on! You are only as old as you feel and we are reliving our youth everyday on this website.

Keep on posting you guys. Silent, I really liked their live album "In Transit."

Take care everyone,

Fixxy

Saga in Germany

It is really funny that Saga have their biggest fans in germany.

But times are getting harder for saga as well. When they toured in germany between 1984 and 1987 - I think it must been the time between "Heads or Tales" and Behaviour" Saga played before a crowd of 6000 to 12ooo people.

Today they play in small locations (500 people maximum?) but they still have true fans.

They are still so busy recording and so the germans can call themself lucky to see a saga-tour nearly every year!!!!!!

Like you fixxtures are able to see The Fixx in America!

Stay tuned and take care,
    Heimo

Re: Saga in Germany

Originally posted by heimo
    It is really funny that Saga have their biggest fans in germany.

But times are getting harder for saga as well. When they toured in germany between 1984 and 1987 - I think it must been the time between "Heads or Tales" and Behaviour" Saga played before a crowd of 6000 to 12ooo people.

Today they play in small locations (500 people maximum?) but they still have true fans.

They are still so busy recording and so the germans can call themself lucky to see a saga-tour nearly every year!!!!!!

Like you fixxtures are able to see The Fixx in America!

Stay tuned and take care,
    Heimo
    Here in the UK, we are delighted to have Saga back. Through the late 80's/ early 90's, they didn't visit this country, as it wasn't worth their while. However, last year, we had 3 UK dates on the Marathon tour. We have, at least one, this time around, as I think 3 was too many, and not all shows were sold-out.
    I'm planning to attend the fan meeting in November, so I should get to see them, at least, twice.

I don't think they are ever comming to the US anytime in the future. They live in the UK and seem to only do a few shows in Canada.

Originally posted by skip63
    I don't think they are ever comming to the US anytime in the future. They live in the UK and seem to only do a few shows in Canada.
    Who lives in the UK? Certainly not Saga

On the Silloutte video 2003 the interview with all of them stated they live in London.

I must have fast-forwarded past them talking I know that Michael Sadler lives in Germany, Jim Crichton lives in LA, Ian Crichton and Jim Gilmour both live in Toronto. Im' not sure about the new drummer, Christian Simpson, but I think he's in Canada.

New Drummer?

A new Drummer? Oh, what happend to Steve Negus???
    Do you have any Infos?

Heimo

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast