Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Saga Thread

Originally posted by SilentGeoff
    Now that would be too cool to see in concert.

I have an offer for any of the Saga/Fixx fans here. I have the Saga CD "Face A Face" and well don't like it at all. If someone wants this I will trade something with them for it [a burn of your favorite Saga tunes, a CD that you may not like that I would or whatever...as Kramer stated in an episode of Seinfeld "Interesting trades considered" or something like that]. Email or Private message me here and we'll see what we can work out.

Geoff
    I think 'face a face' is by a different Saga. I believe that there is/ was a French solo singer, who went under this name.

There are a number of good Saga (the band) collections out there, or just get yourself a copy of the latest album.

Originally posted by Wilkie UK
    I think 'face a face' is by a different Saga. I believe that there is/ was a French solo singer, who went under this name.

There are a number of good Saga (the band) collections out there, or just get yourself a copy of the latest album.
    That would explain the total style difference between what I had from the group and what is on this CD....oh well sometimes this kinda thing happens when you shop in the pawn shops. I will look out for a collection or CD or whatever but Saga isn't really a popular band out this way [Iowa] so I may have to Amazon or eBay or something to get some tunes from them.

Geoff
    "I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition was to eat, drink, and be Mary." ~ George Carlin.

It's a shame, but they don't seem very popular anywhere in the US, but small pockets of individuals, scattered across the states. Ebay is pretty good, but most of their cds are on sale from Germany, if you don't mind paying the postage

It's a shame, but they don't seem very popular anywhere in the US, but small pockets of individuals, scattered across the states. Ebay is pretty good, but most of their cds are on sale from Germany, if you don't mind paying the postage
    Yeah I agree totally Wilkie, Saga is the type of group that you would have figured would have caught on huge here but well I guess it's not to be the case. I have checked eBay for their stuff but the people selling are just asking way too much shipping-wise for me to consider the items. I think I will be dealing with Amazon on this. They have a pretty good selection to choose from and the shipping charges are reasonable. I had "Worlds Apart" on CD but my nephew "borrowed" it and then was transferred from a stateside post in the Army to Germany and he's expecting to be in Iraq by the end of the year so I decided to just let him have the CD.

Geoff
    "I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition was to eat, drink, and be Mary." ~ George Carlin.

Maybe I can cut you some samples? There's a lot of great stuff in the Saga back catalogue

Or...
    I've a buddy (the one that just scored me a dozen Camel tunes) that's about to put up a bunch of Saga in a discrete folder.

Anyone who wants to know where said folder is send me an e'mail. The folder will only be up for a day or two, so no lolligaggin'

Smile Network is on sale

Hello All,

Their new album Network is now on sale. I have bought a lot of their music on Amazon. I just ordered 3 albums and they are probably sitting in my mailbox at home.

Fixxation

I guess it's a good sign, but amazon.co.uk and play.com have both sold out of 'Network' Mind you, if they only had 5 copies to start with.........

I just went ahead and ordered "Worlds Apart", "The Very Best Of Saga" & "Heads or Tails" from Amazon. I knew the two full CDs already having had them on LP back in the day. And figured the import best of would be a good cross-section of the rest of the material to be a jumping in point.

Geoff

Yeah, that's a pretty good listing: -

Track Listings
    1. Wind Him Up
    2. (You Were) Never Alone - Edited Version
    3. Wildest Dreams
    4. Humble Stance
    5. You And The Night
    6. The Flyer
    7. The Security Of Illusion
    8. Why Not (Single Edit)
    9. How Long
    10. Only Time Will Tell
    11. Starting All Over
    12. What Do I Know
    13. Help Me Out
    14. Say Goodbye To Hollywood
    15. On The Loose

There's old stuff, as well as stuff from the time when they were just a trio (Michael Sadler, Jim Crichton and Ian Crichton)

Yeah, that's a pretty good listing: -

Track Listings
    1. Wind Him Up
    2. (You Were) Never Alone - Edited Version
    3. Wildest Dreams
    4. Humble Stance
    5. You And The Night
    6. The Flyer
    7. The Security Of Illusion
    8. Why Not (Single Edit)
    9. How Long
    10. Only Time Will Tell
    11. Starting All Over
    12. What Do I Know
    13. Help Me Out
    14. Say Goodbye To Hollywood
    15. On The Loose

There's old stuff, as well as stuff from the time when they were just a trio (Michael Sadler, Jim Crichton and Ian Crichton)
    Yeah that's what I thought and I wanted the other 2 CDs anyway so it was just a pretty good idea at the time. Should be here by next week sometime or tomorrow....never know with Amazon.

Geoff

Saga live in London....

First, the show was awesome (would we expect anything else?).....despite some technical problems, the setlist was more than expected. I counted 6 songs from Network, and an oldie from HoT Michael Sadler was in top form, really pinning the notes, as if he had something to prove. The biggest thing for me, was just how easily Christian fitted in. No-one expected him to just 'replace' Steve Negus, but he seemed to introduce something different to the band. Playing an acoustic kit, definitely helped.
    The overall sound felt looser, which fitted the songs chosen. Ah yes, the setlist: -

On The Air
    Keep It Reel
    Humble Stance
    Careful Where You Step
    The One
    Runaway
    On The Loose
    Wind Him Up
    Amnesia
    Framed
    Time's Up
    Interview
    No Regrets
    Conversations
    No Stranger
    Scratchin' The Surface
    If I Were You
    Believe
    I'm Back
    You're Not Alone
    Don't Make A Sound
    Don't Be Late (encore)
    The Flyer (encore)

So, as you can see, they chose to play World's Apart, from start the finish. This went very well, from my position, and the band seemed to enjoy playing some of the oldies. The biggest surprise, was the feel to 'Time's Up', very mellow, and lighter.

Michael Sadler (Saga)

For those who know who Michael Sadler is, you should checkout his website Michael Sadler

The website is managed by his wife, and Michael is a regular poster on the associated forum.

He's answered all sorts of irrelevant questions, and is only too keen to start up threads on various subjects.

Waiting for Saga they played The Fixx

I came from another Saga-Concert in Germany (Krefeld/Kulturfrabrik) yesterday. First of all: I was very surprised that Saga's Band-Mixer played a CD before the Concert and people were able to listen to "Secret Separation" and "Changing". I remember that Wilkie mentioned that The Fixx have been discussed on Saga's homepage so maybe there are really a lot of people who like both bands.

I guess just Wilkie and Fixxation are interested so I keep it short:

400 people, a very small stage but nice location. A very different Setlist then they did the last show I saw them 6 month ago in Bonn. No acoustic part this time, just one slow song (Alone again tonight) and just two songs from the latest album (On the Air, Keep it reel).

It was IMO an unexpected rocking show. Michael Sadler invited the people to sing along directly after the first instrumental opener (Conversations). Of course they played nearly all their hits. (Wind him up, You are not alone, On the Loose, Take a chance, The Flyer, Humble Stance, Don't be late, Scratching the Surface,Times up, ......)

BY the way: Every time I saw Saga until now Sadler does not forget to mention that "Worlds Apart" was produced by Rupert Hine before playing songs from that album.

Cheers!

Hey Heimo,

I would have loved to have been there! Sounds like a cracking setlist; Take A Chance!!!!! They haven't played that since 1986!!! With the great reaction that 'Network' received, and now that the band are self-managed (sound familiar?), Saga are on the up!!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast