Thread: Chicago White Sox

Talking Chicago White Sox

I am soo proud of the Chicago White Sox!!

We are going to take it all the way!

Go SOX

Thumbs up

take that, cubbies!

I drive my coworker nuts because she's a Cubs fan. My buddy Carl says this is what Cubs stands for:

Constant
    Useless
    Bull
    Shit

"Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

(Sherrilyn Kenyon, Devil May Cry)

http://www.wordclay.com/BookStore/BookStoreBookDetails.aspx?bookid=37784

I'm a big baseball fan and although I'm not a White Sox fan I am pulling for them. Last year the Red Sox won for the first in 80 years or so and now the Wihte Sox have the same opportunity. I hope they pull it off.

It is good to see the Astros in the world series for the first time ever but I think this series belongs to Chicago.

I am a Cardinals fan and I am thrilled to see the White Sox in the Big Game!!!
    White Sox fans are much more tame than Cubs fans....and....they don't have that dreaded goat curse!!!
    "Please take part to find your soul...read between the lines. Please take part and play your role....read between the lines"

In the water barrel just off of 80/94 (the former disaster, now vastly improved Borman Expressway) and now blissfully wed
    No offense, Steve, but I'm personally getting sick of the comparisons between the Red Sox of last year and this year's White Sox, especially as Boston basically spent their way to a World Series title (to keep up with New York), whereas the White Sox have done it with a young team of a lot of castoffs from other squads (e.g. Contreras, Hernandez, Pierzynski, Dye, Everett, Konerko).

Also love how everyone has to mention how the ratings are down, as if somehow the title this year will be illegitimate. What the White Sox have done, especially after watching their lead dwindle from 15 games to a game and a half when Cleveland put on one hell of a run, to get it all back together (they've dropped one game out of their last 16) and be on the brink of winning the title is a bit miraculous. There were a number of pundits even into late September that didn't think they could hold Cleveland off, or even get the wild card.
    If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. - Thomas Jefferson's first Inaugural Address, 1801

OMG!! What a game!

Omg.. what a game last night (the longest in the World Series history). Yep, I stayed up til 1:30am to watch the Sox beat Houston. Just one more baby.

GO SOX

Originally posted by Zakath
    No offense, Steve, but I'm personally getting sick of the comparisons between the Red Sox of last year and this year's White Sox,
    I was comparring the time it had been since they won a World Series title. Nothing more.

I have noticed they have a young team. That is always respectable and I'm used to it being an Oakland A's fan. Oakland has come very close numerous times with a young team that has no superstar. That's just another thing that I like about the White Sox.

After living in the Chicago area for fifteen years and teaching within walking distance of Midway airport for the last ten, I've had no choice but to choose sides where Chicago baseball is concerned. And, to be honest, I've never been much of a sports nut. However, my husband is a sports kind of guy (ok, that's an understatement... I always know exactly where we'll be at 9:30 am on a Saturday in the fall) and I've gotten caught up in all of this.
    I'm so excited about the White Sox and the series that I wish I could cancel choir rehearsal tonight to see it... I don't even mind the fact that I'm losing sleep... The fervor here is great, and it's just wonderful to get carried along with it. I just hope Chicagoans don't do anything stupid...
    "I've left Bethlehem. I feel free. I've left the girl I was supposed to be." - P. C.

amen! you know how retarded (no offense!) they can be! whatever happened to celebrating in peace and getting drunk without violence, and playing with fireworks without making targets?

they should all be required to use public transportation on the night of celebration. . . no cars=no accidents!
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

Thumbs up Hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh schnap, why am I at WORK today??? Half the staff is out (probably hungover!)! I'm playing "Don't Stop Believing" here in the room- and at the house before I left for work, and my ride was playing it while we were in the car!!!!!!

You go, guys!!!!!! You effin' rock!!!

Did you see Mr. Perry in the stands?!

Acheron Parthenopaeus

In the water barrel just off of 80/94 (the former disaster, now vastly improved Borman Expressway) and now blissfully wed
    Originally posted by shora65
    After living in the Chicago area for fifteen years and teaching within walking distance of Midway airport for the last ten, I've had no choice but to choose sides where Chicago baseball is concerned. And, to be honest, I've never been much of a sports nut. However, my husband is a sports kind of guy (ok, that's an understatement... I always know exactly where we'll be at 9:30 am on a Saturday in the fall) and I've gotten caught up in all of this.
    Boy, he sounds like a real schmuck. What the hell could be that interesting at 9:30 in the morning on a fall Saturday?

Well, whatever it is, it's in Jacksonville this week for the World's Biggest Outdoor Cocktail Party...ummm...
    If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. - Thomas Jefferson's first Inaugural Address, 1801

Originally posted by Zakath
    Boy, he sounds like a real schmuck. What the hell could be that interesting at 9:30 in the morning on a fall Saturday?
    Naw, he's no where near a shmuck. He's actually quite wonderful...
    And as to what could be that interesting? One word... Kirk.
    ( it certainly wouldn't be "Big and Rich")
    "I've left Bethlehem. I feel free. I've left the girl I was supposed to be." - P. C.

Originally posted by shora65
    Naw, he's no where near a shmuck. He's actually quite wonderful...
    Yeah, right. Most women say that about the dingleberry they got stuck with. Guy probably doesn't even do the dishes regularly or cook for you on occasion on the grill that your parents gave to you...

And as to what could be that interesting? One word... Kirk.
    ( it certainly wouldn't be "Big and Rich")
    What, you don't need a little jing in your jing jang?