Thread: Totally 80's tour

Thumbs up Totally 80's tour

Just saw the show last night at the DTE Center (formally Pine Knob) in Detroit, MI and you guys absolutely rocked. All three of the first acts were amazing. Asia was a complete disappointment. The Fixx should be the main act (use red skies as the finale) Motels were good, the Outfield was great, but you guys were awesome. All three acts set up a big finale from Asia who totally disappointed. I have dug out my Fixx stuff again and am looking forward to anything new that might come out.

Once again, GREAT JOB and thanks for the show. Good luck and great touring.

Welcome to the forum, dont!

I actually got to talk to Cy and Adam last night on the phone just before the show, and they sounded in great spirits - but a bit frazzled after being flooded out of Houson - so it's now great hearing from you that the show went so well!

Thanks for the post, and again: welcome to the forum!

jeff

I agree completely! So many people got up and left when Asia came on, but The Fixx was rocking!!! I'll be honest, I wasn't a fan until last night! I went and bought my first Fixx CD today! I am lovin' it!

Originally posted by cutefatchic
    I'll be honest, I wasn't a fan until last night! I went and bought my first Fixx CD today! I am lovin' it!
    Great to have you aboard as a new Fixx fan, and welcome the Fixx internet community

With all the mundane choices out there today, it should be considered triumph to reach an ear that recognizes and appreciates a deep well of artistic musical talent.

Early morning cheers!
    Steve

Thumbs up Awesome in Atlanta!

I didn't have the pleasure of seeing the Fixx in concert when I was a fan in the 80s. Am I glad that I got to see the guys last night at the Hi-Fi Buys Amphitheatre in Atlanta!

They were clearly the BEST act in the bunch. Their sound and energy were FANTASTIC! It's clear they enjoy performing together and that they are in sych. with each other. And that they're having fun, which made it fun for the audience. As my friend pointed out, Cy Curnin has a stage presence that is very magnetic.

If I ever have the chance to see the Fixx again, I certainly will! You guys were GREAT!

Smile

I agree! Cy Curnin has the stage presence of some kind of GOD! Sigh! I was clear back in the lawn and I was swooning!

Talking

Secret Separation! How I hated to leave Dallas, and the boys in top form at Smirnoff Music Center! They were awesome! My brother and his girlfriend went with me and they really enjoyed the show. My brother is a big music fan and its hard to impress him but the Fixx did just that! They were the best of all the bands I saw, (all the "the" band) and I hope I can catch them in Vegas on Sept. 21st! I looking so forward to it!

Angry Concert date in Louisville "ABORTED" by BWANA-DIKKED PROMOTORS

Hi I havent been to the FixxTures board here for some time. But I Iam Fuc**** pissed and disgusted at the moronic dikheads, "QUANTUM MARKETING INC." WHO PUT ON THESE
    SHOWS AT THE WATERFRONT IN LOUISVILLE KY. OKAY HERE GOES... MY WIFE AND I DROVE THE 185 MILES TO GO SEE THE GROUP SINCE THE LAST TIME WE SAW THE FIXX WAS IN MEMPHIS IN MAY 1998. HERE'S THE PROBLEM. AS WE APPROACHED THE "TICKET ENTRANCE" I NOTICE A BEVY OF "DELINQUENT" PUNKED ASSED "SECURITY" FRISKING PEOPLE, AND I MEAN THAT TOO AS THEY WERE GOING TOWARD THE CONCERT SITE. I REFUSED AND SO DID MY WIFE. I HAD A CAMERA BAG AND GEAR WITH ME. I WAS TOLD BY THE TWO BOZO WHITE IDIOTS THAT CAMERAS WERENT ALLOWED. LOOKING AT THEIR "NO-GO" SIGN IT DISTINCTLY READ, "NO COOLERS, NO OUT-SIDE FOOD, NO RE-ENTRY, NO RECORDING DEVICES. I TOLD THE PRICK THIS WAS A CAMERA AND "N-O-T A RECORDING DEVICE". AT THAT POINT THE LAME PUNK PITCHED OUT A BS STANDARD LINE TO WHICH i REPLIED, "SHOW ME THE FIXXS' RIDER IN THEIR CONTRACT FOR TONIGHTS SHOW THAT OFFICIALLY STATES THAT THE GROUP DOES NOT WANT ANY STILL FOTOS OF THEIR CONCERT." (regardless if its the fixx, godsmack, brick, zapp. the isley brothers, betty wright, et al.-each has a "rider" stating what is to be at their shows.) OF COURSE THESE DRUMBOS THINK THAT EVERYBODYS AN ASS LIKE THEY ARE AND HATE TO HAVE THEIR
    WHITE SUPERIOTY CHALLENGED. THATS TOTALLY TRUE!!! i IMMEDIATLEY SAID I WANT TO SPEAK TO ONE OF THE PROMOTERS ABOUT THEIR (THE FIXX) RIDER. ONE OF THE DUMB ASSED SECURITY JERKS SAID,"WELL IM JUST DOING MY JOB." WHAT "JOB" BEING A MOUTHPIECE FOR SOMETHING YOU DONT HAVE A CLUE OR KNOW NOTHING ABOUT. THESE 6.00 AN HOUR "TINKER BELL" SECURITY FOOLS ARE QUITE AMUSING WHEN THEY THINK THEY CAN SUPPOSEDLY "OUTSMART" SOMEONE WHOM IS NOT IN THEIR CLIQUE OR ONE OF THEIR "HOMIES" OR "CRONIES" sURPRISINGLY ONE OF THEM RADIOED TO THIS WHITE DUDE THAT CAME UP STRUTING LIKE
    HE WAS THE BIGGEST PROMOTER IN THE STATE OF KY. i SAID LOOK, WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL ABOUT THE FOTOS-WHAT DOES THEIR RIDER SAY? HIS REPLY WAS, WE DONT ALLOW CAMERAS INTO THE SHOWS. lOOK, i SAID YOU K-N-O-W YOU ARE SPEWING FOR A BLANKETED POLICY THAT THESE GROUPS KNOW NOTHING-WHAT THE FU** ARE YOU TRYING TO PROVE. bEFORE HE COULD JUMP IN , I SAID (THIS IS THE TRUTH TOO) IVE HELP PROMOTE SHOWS IN THE NASHVILLE/HUNTSVILLE ALA. AREA (BETTY WRIGHT/tHE MANHATTANS/RICHARD THOMPSON AND A FEW OTHERS)AND i KNOW WHAT THESE ARTISTS S-P-E-L-L OUT IN THEIR CONTRACTS AND RIDERS. HE THEN GOES, "WELL IM NOT TRYING TO SINGLE YOU OUT..." (I WAS PISSED) I THEN SAID, WHOSE THE MAIN DUDE WHO PUTS ON THESE DAMN SHOWS. IF ITS THE FIXX WHO DONT WANT THE PHOTOS, FINE. BUT DONT BE A STINKIN LIASON MOUTHPIECE JUST SO YOU CANT "PROTECT" YOUR LITTLE BULLSH*** SO-CALLED ASSISTANCE'S POSITION WITH QUANTUM. (HE GOES) WELL THE GUY'S NAME IS LARRY TIMMONS. (I SAID) "WHAT'S HIS NUMBER?" (HE GOES) "iM NOT AT LIBERTY TO GIVE IT OUT. (i SAID) "CUT THE CRAP,MAN." YOU AND THIS TIMMONS SOB HAVENT HEARD THE LAST OF THIS EITHER.

i DONT PUT UP WITH NONSENSICAL BS FROM SOME INSECURE LACKEY WHO THINKS HE'S GOT THE LAST SAY AND CANT BACK HIS SH## EITHER! FIRST I WANT TO SAY THAT IF ANYONE CANT BRING A CAMERA INTO A FACILTY(AND THE JERK ADMITTED HE KNEW THE OUTFIELD HADNT PUT ANYTHING IN YEARS AND PROBABLY DIDNT CARE ABOUT FOTOS-KNOW WHAT INCRIMINATION!!!!) AND TAKE FOTOS BECAUSE OF SOME "BLANKETED POLICY" FORGOT THAT GARBAGE. AS MENTIONED EARLIER, IF THE ARTIST/GROUP DOESNT WANT IT-FINE, BUT DONT BE THE MOUTHPIECE FOR SOMETHING YOU REALLY DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT. SECOND OF ALL, I ASKING ANYONE WHO IS THINKING ABOUT GOING TO ANYONE OF THE LOUISVILLE WATERFRONT CONCERTS-DONT-BOYCOTT SUCH
    OUTLANDISH BEHAVIOR BY IMMATURE/INSECURE DO-DO'S WHO WANT TO PROVE THAT THEY ARE SOME "BIGTIME" COMMANDERS IN CHIEF OF SOME BIG TIME OPERATION(OR AS THEY "THINK" THEY ARE!) SECOND OF ALL, BEING FRISKED AT A FIXX CONCERT-
    WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
    (JEFF STEVE OCTOPULSE OR WHOMEVER... I NEVER "K-N-EW" THEIR MUSIC PROMOTED SUCH SUBTEFUGE-LIKE BEHAVIOR AMONG THEIR FANS AND NEED TO HAVE "EXTRA" SECURITY AT THE GATES WAITED TO CONFISCATE ANY CONTRABAND ASSOCIATED WITH SUCH VICIOUS, VIOLENT AND WRECKLESS TYPE MUSIC. IM OUT OF TOUCH-I DIDNT KNOW JAMIE AND CY WERE HEAVILY INTO "PROMOTING" SOME TWISTED TYPE OF OCCULTISH-JIMMY PAGE/RICHIE BLACKMORE ESCAPADES AT THEIR SHOWS THAT NEEDED HEAVILY FORTIFIED "GUARDSMEN" AT THE FRONT LINES! GEE IM STUPID, I DIDNT KNOW, "RED SKIES", "ALL IS FAIR", " CALM ANIMALS" WERE ON THE HIT LIST TO BE PERMANETLY BANISHED FOR ANY FURTHER "PUBLIC APPEARANCES"
    THEN AGAIN, MAYBE ITS THE "VIOLENCE" PROMOTED IN THE TRACK, "IS THAT IT" THAT HAS THE PROMOTERS WORRIED AND DONT WANT AN "UNCONTROLLABLE RIOT" TO BREAK OUT AT ANYTIME!! BUT WAIT, "PINCH ME HIT ME SLAP ME WAKE ME HURT ME AND ALSO LYRICS ABOUT SOMETHING CONCERNING ABOUT "BEING A SLAVE TO YOUR TRADE..." OH HOW UNTHINKABLE!!!!!! THIS GROUP MUST BE BANNED FOREVER FROM SUCH PUBLIC APPEARANCES FOR WHAT THEY PROMOTE.....THEY ARE WORSE THAN MARILYN MANSON-OH MY!!! WHAT FILTH!!!!! WOULD YOU WANT YOUR DAUGHTER......) WHO KNOWS, THESE IMBECILE PROMOTERS MAY ACTUALLY THINK SUCH IMPROBABLES
    WILL OCCUR ???!!!

THIRDLY, IM QUITE SURE THE GROUP KNOWS THAT THEIR FANS HAVE NO INTENTIONS IN "CASHING IN" ON THE GROUP BY DUPLICATING FOTOS, PRESSING BOOTLEG SHOWS, ETC FOR PROFIT! i JUST BELIEVE THE GROUP IS "UNAWARE" OF THE UNSCRUPULOUS" SHIT THAT GOES ON WITH THESE DIKKIES THAT FOR THE MOST PART, COULD CARE LESS ABOUT GROUPS LIKE THE FIXX AND JUST WANT TO F.A. WITH ANYBODY AT WILL WHO HAS A STRONG PASSION FOR THE MUSIC. THE GUYS SHOULD, IF CONDITIONS PERMIT, INFORM THE CONCERT FACILITY AND LET IT BE KNOWN THAT THEY DONT WANT ANY OF THE FANS TO BE SCREWED AROUND WITH! (IF THEY WANT TO TAKE A PIC SO BE IT) I REMEMBER A SHOW WITH JOHN KAY AND STEPPENWOLF WHERE JOHN WAS GETTING TOTALLY ANNOYED WITH SECURITY FRICKIN AROUND WITH A COUPLE OF PEOPLE WANTING TO FOTO THE GROUP. SO WHAT HE DID, WAS STOP THE SHOW, TOLD THE SECURITY "DONT" AND ALLOWED THE PICTURES TO BE TAKEN WITHOUT ANY FURTHER OBSTRUCTION. NOW THAT'S GREAT!!!!

(I ALSO BELIEVE MOST GROUPS(INC THE FIXX) ARE HELD BY THE BALLS BY SAID PROMOTERS WHO WILL DO ANYTHING POSSIBLE TO TURN SOMETHING POSITIVE INTO SOMETHING VERY NEGATIVE. SINCE THE GUYS STILL WANT TO EARN A LIVING BY PERFORMING, THERE COMES A LOT OF "GRIEF" WITH SUCH ENDEAVORS PLUS THE GREED THAT OVERPOWERS THESE CONCERTS IS QUITE RIDCULOUS-PAYING TOTALLY OVERPRICED DOLLARS FOR TRASHED OUT CONCESSION STAND JUNK!

IVE KNOWN SOUND PEOPLE TO RUN 'BOARD TAPES' WHILE MIXING SHOWS AND SELL THEM OUTRIGHT TO PEOPLE WHOM THEY "WANT TO HAVE THEM" (OF COURSE AT A NOMINAL PRICETAG) AND THE PROMOTERS WHO PUT ON THESE SHOWS ARE "V----E-----R------Y AWARE OF THIS AND PARTAKE IN SUCH
    UNSCRUPULOUS OUTINGS TOO. THATS WHY IF YOU CHECK OUT SOME OF THE OTHER INTERNET SIGHTS(R&B INCLUDED), YOU'LL SEE ALL OF THE LAWSUITS AGAINST ALL THESE "ALLEGED RECORD COMPANIES" PUTTING OUT COMPLIATIONS ON VARIOUS ARTISTS WITHOUT SAID PERMISSION BY THE ARTIST. THE CHI-LITES COME TO MIND, AS MARSHALL THOMPSON HAS STATED IN THEIR WEBSITE THAT 25 DIFFERENT COMPANIES HAVE PUT OUT STUFF ON THE GROUP IN WHICH THEY HAVE NEVER RECEIVED A PENNY FROM! RHINO RECORDS IS GOOD FOR THAT SHIT TOO-ASK LESTER CHAMBERS OF THE CHAMBERS BROS ABOUT THAT IN HIS LAWSUITS. ALSO THE PROMOTERS WHO "DONT WANT FOTOS" ARE GLADLY HELPING THEMSELVES TO THE PROFITS REGARDING THESE DEVILISH PROCEEDINGS ( OF THOSE WHO ARE TRYING TO OBTAIN THEIR "RIGHTS" TO WHAT IS THEIRS IN THE FIRST PLACE!)

WHAT IT ALL COMES DOWN TO THIS- I DONT/WONT SUPPORT WHOREMONGERS WHO ARE RIPPING OFF AND THEN TURN AROUND AND POINT THE FINGER SINCE THEY WANT TO ATTRIBUTE THEIR OWN DEVIANCE ONTO SOMEONE OTHER THAN THEMSELVES.

BIG REASON WE/I DIDNT GO TO THE CONCERT IN LOUISVILLE.
    LOOK THESE FUC#### DONT GIVE ABOUT THE GROUPS BOOKED JUST THE BREAD THEY CAN SOAK FROM ANYTHING THEY CAN GET THEIR HANDS ON-AND NO MATTER HOW LITTLE EITHER.

LASTLY, PLEASE BOYCOTT ANY FURTHER PRODUCTIONS COMING OUT OF THE QUANTUM MARKETING GROUP IN LOUISVILLE. THEY'RE SHI##S AND THEY KNOW IT-JUST AS LONG AS THEY HAVE WILLING PARTICIPANTS-GUESS WHAT!!!

WE NEED TO BE PROACTIVE FOR THE GROUPS WE TOTALLY APPRECIATE AND DONT WANT TO DISAPPEAR AWAY FROM THE SCENE. (I THINK THE GROUPS WOULD THINK THE SAME TOO)

LOVE TO THE FIXX AND BEST OF SUCCESS WITH THE NEW RELEASE! OR

Otis, Wow thats quite an intense statement, I agree with several points you make but I gotta ask why all the degrading "White" references? I'm white and I think all kinds of nasty things about all kinds of people at different times, including white people, but I try to keep it an equal opprutunity moment best I can and I try to keep some cap on it. Hey, I'm not perfect either but angers just another human condition, I guess everyone deals with it in their own way. But... I would think twice before I posted such a statement in the Lighthouse Forum instead the Sign Of Fire Forum. Did the color of the people bugging you at the entrance make any difference in the level of anger that you had? They may have been white assholes yes, but this kinda hostility alot of times feeds off itself from both directions. You mentioned about how you noticed something while approaching the entrance. Forgive me if I am wrong Otis but you kinda come across like someone I wouldnt wanna bump shopping carts with on the wrong day. You also sound like somone who knows what he is talking about, someone whos informed with good points to make....but the ones I get are kinda hazed over by the anger. My apologies if this has offended you in any way man....but I felt the need to comment.

Octo

Last edited by Octopulse; 06-23-2001 at 04:47 PM.

reply to the "white references"

heyocto, listen bro...if you bumped a shopping cart into me, id take you along to see a concert with SPARKS, THE TUBES, CRACK THE SKY, HOODOO GURUS or maybes The Isley Brothers, The Whispers, Regina Belle, Frankie Beverly and of course the Fixx. Why cause you DONT ACT YOUR RACE-THOUGH YOU SAID YOU ARE WHITE. THOUGH YOU SEEM A LITTLE SENSISITVE/UPTIGHT ABOUT "RACE". Let me direct you to a WEBSITE/FORUM www.barutiwa.com (long story short) The black gentleman ALLOWS ALL FORUMS FROM BLACK HISTORY TO FOR WHITES ONLY. INTERESTINGLY, IS THE FACT THAT MANY WHITES WHO LURK AT THIS SIGHT THINKITS COOL TO POST SLOVENISHLY GARBAGE ABOUT BROTHERS AND SISTERS-WHY DO NIG**** SMELL AND A HOST OF OTHER NIG***R JOKES. (MIND YOU THIS IS BEING POSTED IN AN BLACK HISTORY FORUM FROM INSECURE WHITES. THIS IS TOTALLY IN ITS PLACE???????!!!!! FORGET THE FIRST AMMENDMENT-NO THATS SICK TWISTED SH**) YOU SEE WHITE PEOPLE MANY OF THEM DONT THINK THEY ARE PREJUCIDED BIASED OR BIGOTED IN ANY TYPES OF CONCERNS AND MATTERS IN SOCIETY. I HAVE AFFRONTED NOT ONLY THIS OVER THE INTERNET BUT MANY"IN PERSON MATTERS" THAT ARE HIGHLY DISTURBING .(THE BROTHER IN FRONT OF US GOING INTO THE SHOW LAST NIGHT DID A FULL BLOWN "SPREAD EAGLE" FOR THE MAN. WHY? CAUSE HE HAS BEEN "TRAINED" TO SUBMIT TO WHITE PEOPLE. IN THIS DAY AND AGE- YES!!!! THE IMPLIED INSTITUTUIONAL RACISM that EMITS FROM WHITE PEOPLE IS VERY ALIVE AND WELL! TO PARAPHRASE MLK, 'JUSTICE NEGLECTED IS INJUSTICE EVERYWHERE' ISNT THAT WHAT CY WAS SINGING ABOUT IN 'CALM ANIMALS' ...SO CIVILIZED THE CODE STIFFLES A RACE WITH GESTURE HAS LOST ITS WAY THE CHANCE WAS GIVEN TO THINK SOCIAL BUT WE CHOKE ON GREED AND EXCESS. BETTER YET...'ALL IS FAIR'..."BLOOD ON HIS HANDS
    LOVE ON HIS MIND SELLING THE FUTURE LEAVING THE DEBTS BEHIND" FORGIVE ME BUT THESE LYRICS DO "HINT" OF SAID INSTITUIONAL RACISM AND MORE!!!! LETS USE JUST A FEW MORE BRIEF INCIDENCES... THE 4TH ANNUAL OLD SCHOOL MUSIC FESTIVAL IN HUNTSVILLE ALA (MAY 26TH-IN WHICH WE HELPED PROMOTE HERE IN NASHVILLE AND ATTENDED AS WELL)
    IN WHICH THIS LONE WHITE WOMAN WHO OBVISOUSLY WANTED
    'TO BE DOWN' WAS CAUSING A LOT OF TROUBLE WITH THE PEOPLE AROUND HER-ALL BLACK. SHE WAS TRYING TO PUNCH OUT TWO SISTERS WHO ASKED HER TO JUST MOVE OVER A LITTLE
    BIT SINCE SHE WAS VOLUPTOUSLY DANCING IN FRONT OF THEIR VIEW. WELL THAT 'KIND WORDING' OBVIOUSLY DIDNT SET WELL WITH THE 'SO-CALLED NON-RACIST' WHITE FEMALE WHO NEVER USES THE "N" WORD, RIGHT? HARDLY A FULL BLOWN FIGHT OCCURED AND THANK GOD SHE WAS REMOVED FROM DOING ANY FURTHER HARM CAUSE SHE WANTED TO "GET DOWN" AND EMULATE HER SCHTICK OF "BLACKNESS" (TOTALLY SICK) MY WIFE AND I WERE RIGHT NEAR ALL THIS COMMOTION EXPERIENCED AND HEARD ALL OF THIS. PLUS I ALMOST HAD OUT MAYMAYA MEDIUM FORMAT CAMERA GEAR SQUASHED INTO PIECES BECAUSE 'MS. GET DOWN" DIDNT CARE WHERE SHE 'STEPPED DOWN' CAUSE THE 'SISTERS TOLD HER TO MOVE OUT OF THE VIEW" AND WANTED "SHOW THEM A THINK OR TWO ABOUT WHITE SUPERIOTY." NICE!

i'LL WILL, AT BEST, TRY TO MAKE THIS SOMEWHAT BRIEF. i USED TO WRITE FOR A MUSIC PUBLICATION AND HAVE INTERVIEWED MANY PEOPLE IN PERSON FROM ROGER TROUTMAN, FRANKIE BEVERLEY,ADRIAN BELEW,KIRK KIRKWOOD(OF THE MEAT PUPPETS TO TEENAGE FANCLUB. TO EXCERPT DRUMMER BRENDAN OHARE'S COMMENT ON RACISM IN THE UNITED STATES THAT NEEDS TO BE ABSORBED BY ALL. OTIS: WHEN THE FANNIES TOURED THE US IN 1992 FOR THE FIRST TIME, YOU WERE INTERVIEWED ON A LOCAL COLLEGE RADIO STATION AND MADE THE COMMENT THAT REFLECTED UPON THE AFTERMATH OF THE ATLANTA AND L.A. RIOTS THAT STEMMED FROM THE RODNEY KING VERDICT. WHEN ASKED YOUR IMPRESSIONS ABOUT THIS UNTHINKABLE FIASCO, YOU STATED TO THE INTERVIEWER, "AH YOUR COUNTRY IS NOT ON TOP OF RACISM" COULD YOU PROVIDE MORE INSIGHT AS TO WHAT YOU MEANT BY THAT REMARK?
    BRENDAN: SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE IT IN THEIR HEADS THAT CERTAIN KINDS OF PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT! THIS IS WHAT WE HAD EXPERIENCED IN THE SHORT TIME WE WERE OVER HERE FOR THE 92 TOUR. WE SAW THAT CERTAIN PEOPLE TEND TO BE UPTIGHT AROUND A PERSON OF ANOTHER RACE. THEY FEEL THEY HAVE TO ACT IN A CERTAIN MANNER AND THEY INSTILL A KIND OF FUNDAMENTAL CONDITION OF RACISM IN THEMSELVES. EVERYONE'S GOT A BIT OF IT (RACISM) IN THEMSELVES, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU ARE TRYING TO "BENEFIT" WHEN WHAT OTHER PEOPLE ARE DOING (NOTE: THE "SPREAD EAGLE" ROUTINE
    THE BROTHER AUTOMATICALLY ENGAGED IN WHEN MR. WHITE AUTHORITY INTIMATED HIS PERSON AT THE FIXX SHOW)
    GERRY LOVE(BASSIST FOR T.FANCLUB) REALISTICALLY SPEAKING, RACISM HAS NOT BEEN DEFEATED IN ANY COUNTRY OF THE WORLD. rACISM IS UNFORTUNATELY INHERENT IN A LOT OF BRICKS AND MORTOR OF PUBLIC BUILDINGS. WHEN CERTAIN PEOPLE, AND IM SPEAKING ABOUT WHITE PEOPLE IN THIS CASE, GET THIS POWER, THEY LOOK AT THE WORLD IN A VERY DIFFERENT WAY. I PERSONALLY DONT THINK RACISM, OVERT OR OTHERWISE, CAN EVER BE DEFEATED ON A NATIONAL OR A MUNICIPAL LEVEL RACIST THINGS HAVE HAPPENED WELL BEFORE I WAS EVEN BORN. iT JUST DOESNT GO BACK TO THE CRUSADERS FOR JUSTICE LIKE MARTIN LUTHER KING OR MALCOLM X OR EVEN FOR THE MATTER MARCIUS GARVEY...IT DOESNT JUST GO BACK TO RODNEY KING!!! PEOPLE HAVE TO LOOK AT THE PROBLEM ON THE SCALE THAT SOCIETY HAS BROKEN DOWN ALL OVER THE WORLD AND HAS A LOT TO DO WITH TV AND MONEY!
    BRENDAN: WHERE I LIVE IN GLASGOW, SCOTLAND THERE IS A 75 PERCENT MIX OF ASIANS PAKISTANIS AND BLACKS AND ITS A FAMILY COMMUNITY WITH ALL TYPES OF KIDS PLAYING AND INTERACTING WITH EACH OTHER IN A VERY CIVILIZED WAY.
    ADULTS SHOULD ALSO GROW UP WITH EACH OTHER AS EQUALS TOO. THEY SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO DO THAT AND NOT BE STOPPED FROM GOING WITH PEOPLE WHOM THEY LIKE JUST BECAUSE OF THE PERSON' S RACE OR COLOR!!!

OKAY, POINT WELL TAKEN...ESP HERE IN THIS COUNTRY(THIS OTIS IN REAL TIME AGAIN) THIS SCENERIO IS ON THE RATHER NON-EXISTENT LEVEL. tHE ONLY TIME IVE SEEN WHITES INTERACT WITH BLACK PEOPLE IS WHEN THE SITUATION EMANATES A TWISTED VACAROUS LOOK AT WHAT A BLACK PERSON IS SUPPOSE TO BE LIKE(AND NOT ACTUALLY "IS" ) EXPLAIN TO ME THE CURRENT BARRAGE OF WHITES BEING SO "DOWN" WITH RAP MUSIC? WHAT IS IT THAT THAT ARE "RELATING TO"? EXPLAIN TO ME WHY THESE SAME KIDS(ANOTHER SITUATION WE EXPERIENCED
    WILL ADAMANTLY LINE UP FOR FREDDIE JACKSON(WHOM THEY KNOW ZERO ABOUT) AT THE MIDTOWN MUSIC FAIR IN ATLANTA "EXPECTING HIM TO BE THE GANGSTER NIG**** THAT THEY PREVIOUSLY HAVE PERPETUATED IN THEIR MINDS ABOUT THE MYTHISIZED LIVES THEY "THINK" BLACK PEOPLE LEAD?
    IF THAT ISNT A SUPERIOR WHITE INDENTATION THEN I DONT KNOW WHAT IS? WHITE PEOPLE IN GENERAL HAVE A MAJOR PROBLEM WITH THIS TRASH AND "THE REPRESSED SHADOW" THAT COMES OUT WITH SUCH CONFRONTATION. THIS EXCITES THEIR GUILT TO AN INFORMATION OVERLOAD STATUS WHICH CANT BE SUSSED. AS BRENDAN AND GERRY SAID PEOPLE HAVE TO ACT A "CERTAIN WAY' AROUND OTHER PEOPLE OF ANOTHER RACE. WHEN THEY GET THE 'POWER" TO DO SO-WATCH OUT!!
    tO IGNORE THIS IS TO BE AN ACCOMPLISH TO THE MATTER.
    NO APOLOGIES GIVEN-SORRY! PEOPLE HAVE BEEN VERY PASSIVE OR INDIFFERENT TO THIS AND OF COURSE FEEL THEY "DONT' PARTAKE IN SUCH CONDESCENDING LOWLY ACTIVITIES OF SUCH MATTER. ANYONE WHO FEELS "OFFENDED" BY USE OF "WHITENESS" IN CORRECTING THE SITUATION DOESNT WANT TO GET THE FULL PICTURE!!!! BY THE WAY, MANY MAYBE OFFENDED BY THE LYRICS OF GAME THEORY (RAYON DRIVE-BE A PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHITE RACE AND YOU TOO WILL BE BORED...STILL HAVE NO MEMBER OF WHOM YOU VOTED FOR) CRACK THE SKY(WHITE MUSIC-PINK FLAMINGOS BARBQUE WHITE MUSIC FOR DESERT WHITE MUSIC AFTER WORK TAKE THEM LIKE THEY IS...)THE TUBES(WHITE PUNKS ON DOPE-WHILE THE DUDES ARE LIVING IN THE GHETTO, MORNING IN BEVERLY HILLS DONT SEEM MUCH BETTO I CANT CLEAN UP BUT I KNOW I SHOULD)NAZARETH(WHITE BOY-NOW YOU WONDER WHY HE'S AN ANGRY MAN WHY THERE IS A BURNING FIRE IN YOUR FATHER'S LAND YOU WOULDNT DO THAT TO A WHITE BOY) BY THE WAY IF YOU WANT TO "LOOK" AT THE "COLOR" OF WHOM SAID THAT...YOU MIGHT GET QUITE SQUEMISH WITH ANXIETY RIDDEN GUILT TOO.(I DONT KNOW) "THE CHANCE WAS GIVEN TO THINK SOCIAL...BUT WE CHOKE ON GREED AND EXCESS. (I DIDNT SAY THAT CY DID) A LOT OF THEIR SONGS SPEAK THAT WAY!!! I STILL STAND BY WHAT WAS POSTED NOT ONLY HERE BUT LAST NIGHT'S TOO. BY THE WAY BRING ALL THE SHOPPING CARTS TO NASHVILLE AND WE'LL SMASH THEM UP INTO TELEVISION SETS ALA WENDY O WILLIAMS STYLE. JUST SAYING IT AS IT TIS LOVE TO ALL

Ya know Otis, I dont really know how to take the part about me not acting my race.... but I have a feeling that if you and I ever had the chance to sit down and have a beer at one of the shows it could be a good experience, somehow I have the feeling one or both of us would walk away wondering, and wondering can be a good thing. I will check out that site you mentioned when I have more time.

I worked up until yesterday in a mill, staffed mostly by typical white red-necks for the most part. Ya know theres a few people there who would not talk to me because I listen to Motown and the old blues stuff, to them its just a nigger singing and cant be anything else. Its sad but I personally know alot of rock n roll fans and country music lovers that would dismiss a blues singer as a nigger and would tell ya so in a heartbeat. They dont even understand where the music they love so much even originated from, or maybe they do but can shut the facts away when they choose to. And I only use the word nigger here because the word in the right context, along with a few other words we dont need to mention, can take some of the power away from those who would use it with ignorance. I hope youre ok with that Otis. Alot of people degrade their own lives by shutting out peices of the world they dont deem worthy or they choose not to understand, but of course they would never see it that way. People of all races do that kinda stuff though, its part of being human.

Well anyway, and this parts for all, Caroll O'Connor (Archie Bunker - played white bigot on "All In The Family") and John Lee Hooker (black blues legend - wrote "One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer) both died on this Thursday just past. My last day at work I grabbed a shot of each of them off the net, put their birthdates/deathdates at the bottom of the pics, set the pics side by side with nice borders and made wallpaper for my pc. Right before the last bell I snuck around and set about a dozen peoples pc's wallpaper to that pic file. I wanted something for people to remember me by. Most of those people will have no clue how to change that wallpaper, they'll probably have to call the network administrator. About John Lee and Archie, I dont know alot about John Lee's personal beliefs but Archie sure was a bigot alright, but he also was a lovable guy who also showed how his racism made him a sort of a lost soul and how he was often a victim of it. And of course the same applies to George Jefferson of "The Jeffersons" as well. I believe those shows helped to ease alot of tension back in the 70's because laughter really can be good medicine. Ya know, my father was an auctioneer who loved buying stuff from other people to turn a buck, hardly anything meant more to him. He was also kind of a bigot but let me tell ya he sure loved Fred Sanford, and though he would never say so I knew that he admired Fred and related to him. Anyway what I did before I left work Friday just seemed like a cool thing to do and I have a feeling that John Lee and Archie would have gotten a real kick out of each others company dont cha think?

Octo

ps to get back to the original topic here i really really really wish that someday soon, maybe when the new album comes around the boys well get away from the 80's festival thing and play some club dates within 200 miles of upstate new york, you florida people are so lucky, us folks this side of NYC are getting left out here. PLEASE!!! Give me Capt. Trips Rainforest Preserve again!!!!!!!! Its been 4 years for us upstaters, AHHH!!!! We're dying up here!!!!
    Last edited by Octopulse; 06-24-2001 at 11:57 AM.

Re: Concert date in Louisville "ABORTED" by BWANA-DIKKED PROMOTORS

Originally posted by otis robb
    ...ONE OF THE DUMB ASSED SECURITY JERKS SAID,"WELL IM JUST DOING MY JOB." WHAT "JOB" BEING A MOUTHPIECE FOR SOMETHING YOU DONT HAVE A CLUE OR KNOW NOTHING ABOUT. THESE 6.00 AN HOUR "TINKER BELL" SECURITY FOOLS ARE QUITE AMUSING...
    Sounds like you made him work for his $6.00 that night

[i]...BEING FRISKED AT A FIXX CONCERT-
    WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
    (JEFF STEVE OCTOPULSE OR WHOMEVER... I NEVER "K-N-EW" THEIR MUSIC PROMOTED SUCH SUBTEFUGE-LIKE BEHAVIOR AMONG THEIR FANS AND NEED TO HAVE "EXTRA" SECURITY AT THE GATES...[/B]
    They must have been there for the Outfield fans (just kidding). These guys get carried away and probably leave thinking they did a great job. Sad. You'd think it was a Limp Bizkit show (or some other band with violent lyrics).

No cameras! Well, there is always some Bozo with a flash on his camera which is annoying to both the band and all the other fans. Although harmless it is a contributing factor to the organizing entity's controlling attitude. I know that the band would rather have a happy fan with a flash laden camera than a pissed off fan with nothing. The organizers, however, just want your money. Pay to get in and, oh, your thirsty? That'll be $4.00 for a 16 oz soda.

I have successfully avoided these types of organizations "promoters" (whatever the correct term is) when choosing a concert to attend. Example - I am passing on the Universal Amphitheater show (80s tour) and picking up the SF and Las Vegas (Fixx only) shows instead.

'nuff on that
    Steve

Hey Otis,
    Sorry to hear about your bad experience in Louisville and I'm glad you stood up for what you believed was wrong by the security. You would have made Rosa Parks proud. But I do think turning this episode of yours into all white people are racist is way out of line. You make it sound like whites are all racist and that black people are just innocent victims. Sorry, but that's major bull****. You then started talking about rap music and Freddie Jackson and white's are "down" with the gangsta image. Hey, I like rap music, and it is not because I want to be "down", it's because I enjoy listening to the rhythm and the rhyme with cool bass beats. Do you really think these rap artists give 2 shitz what race is buying there records? Of course not, there just trying to make a buck like the next musician. You are correct though about society's breakdown through money and tv. TV (along with your newspapers) are the major producers of racism in this country. As for the black history website, what can I say but the fact that people are cruel. But I've seen it the other way around as well when I was looking at a website of rap music reviews. I was looking at reviews of the new Beastie Boys album and there were many views from Mr. Black saying these honkies suck and wishing these "crackers" would die and leave rap music alone. You need to realize racism exists on both sides. Whether it's between blacks and whites, jews and germans, or nerds and jocks, it does exist. Racism is not just whites hating blacks as you may think. I think basing your conclusions on a few incidents shouldn't bring you to the conclusion that all whites are racist and that "we" need to look at this situation closely and that all blacks are innocent victims of the system. I'm just not buying it.

Otis, ya know sometimes I'm just too nice for my own good. I should have listened to the voice in my head. When I meet someone I try to be decent, I really do, a person has to show me a "defining moment" before I would think of doing otherwise. Otis, you already had one of those moments when you came into this thread the way you did, a thread that began in the Lighthouse forum but is here instead where it now belongs. I choose at first to try to be civil about this, but something has changed my thoughts on that.

You invited me to check out your Black history/discussion site, well I checked it out and it made for some interesting and enlightening reading, but something I saw there is buggin me Otis. This is what is buggin' me.....
    http://www.barutiwa.com/union/messages/67.html

You take Cy's words, his intellectual property, and use them to promote your "see what the white-man has done to you and me" agenda, you turn a couple "we's" into "they's", change the wording of the last verse to fit "YOUR purpose", and then post it with no credit given to Cy. Thats Extreme Bullshit. To me there is no good excuse for that from someone who calls himself a fan. If you post an artists work anywhere you should post it literally and give credit, otherwise certain people may get confused as to the author and/or the meaning of the work. We wouldnt want that happening now would we Otis?

You come here professing your love for the Fixx. I'm really wondering on that one. You come here asking for favors because youre pissed off, people have better things to do. You come here bitchin about racism, well Otis... youre the only person I see in here practising it. But hey.... this is America.

THE WHITE MAN IS NOT THE SOURCE OF YOUR PROBLEMS OTIS.

THE WAY YOU STORMED INTO THIS THREAD.... HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY CALL YOURSELF A "BLACK GENTLEMAN"?

Octo
    Last edited by Octopulse; 08-03-2001 at 07:28 PM.