Thread: send me a an angel?

send me a an angel?

hi everyone i was listening to the radio last night at work and heard the old song from the 80;s send me an angel? i am not sure about this but did paul young sing ths song? it has been stuck in my mind since last night. i hate when that happens!!! someone let me know ok? thanks alot have a great weekend everybody dee

The song was by Real Life, and it's one of my favorites. I bought a whole 80's compilation CD one time just to have this one song. The rest weren't that great.
    I am the winner in any event.

thank-you for the info. it was really bugging me.have a good one dee

It's also noteworthy that Real Life recorded this song twice - once in 1983, and an almost-identical version again in 1989, having radio success both times.

Modern English did the same thing with "I Melt With You" - originally in '82, and again in '89 (the '89 version was very 'jangly', not very good, and the band looked like modern-day hippies in the video).

hi tenohtwo thank-you for the information about real life have a great thanksgiving dee

The Lead singer of Real Life (David Sterry) is touring and playing in Australia with other 80's musicians in a thing called "idols of the 80's".
    It is put together by members of the band Pseudo Echo and includes Scott Carne (Kids in the Kitchen),Dale Ryder (Boom Crash Opera) and Brian Mannix (Uncanny X-Men).
    I've caught the show twice and really enjoyed seeing the bands I did my best drinking to in the 80's.
    Here is Pseudo Echo's website.

http://www.geocities.com/~pseudoecho/index2.html

hey gazza how are you? thanks for the info. now that is a concert i would love to see. i too did my best partying to the 80's music!! great website thanks again dee

Rescue this thread!!

It's been exiled to the Question! forum. What does it have to do with the message board softtware?

(Interesting info...)

Thanks. You were reading my mind.