Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Live DVD - Stage Two - In The Public Eye availalbe NOW

Stage 2 DVD help, please

Hi, All. The fantastic news is Stage 2's out for us Fixxtures. Bad news for me is, I live in Japan where my Japanese computer server doesn't play nicely with PayPal. Could someone, please, please, get a copy for me and mail it to my US address? I'll write you a good US check--that I can do!
    Domo arigato!
    You can email me privately at richsatterly@yahoo.com
    -Rich Satterly

Great job Production team the DVD Was great, i think i saw myself a few times as well

Much Love to All

CLive

Originally posted by Clive3
    Great job Production team the DVD Was great, i think i saw myself a few times as well

Much Love to All

CLive

Justin,

I think I saw you too...

Sheryl

I have yet to see all of it, but I've been showing bits and pieces of the DVD to everyone here at work. They are all AMAZED and think it's a brilliant idea!

Now, just a little inside information for you Fixxtures...

That picture of the lads behind the DVD... send me an email and I'd send you the originals where a certain someone (ME! ahem) is NOT cropped out!

heh heh. Nah- I think it's great. I held the camera up and took a picture of me with each of 'em. Apparently Ed had this strange idea....which flew! Cy loved it. So that's why they look, um, odd? They're all (in separate photos) looking up at a camera that I'm holding while taking a picture with them.

I need a time where my boy isn't sick with pneumonia and my husband isn't hacking up a lung where I can watch the DVD from start to finish with no interruptions! then I can figure out which songs have my video!

Fellow music lovers here in the office are really impressed that this was done by the fans for the fans.

Way to go!

I got mine in the mail today - too cool! I am really enjoying it, I had forgotten how animated Cy can be onstage LOL!

Last edited by Kat32807; 12-14-2005 at 02:00 PM.
    Kat
    http://www.examiner.com/x-25988-Orlando-Local-Music-Examiner

Waiting....

Dear Fixxtures !!

Pippi is mailing me one either today or yesterday, I CAN'T WAIT !! I already received 3 phone calls telling me that I'm shown full blown in Santa Cruz, one call from someone you'd never expect !

Bash, i LOVE your SF party DVD watching idea ! Tell me when and where and I'll be there! Hope Pips can make it too! I'm very excited to see the DVD, hear the sound quality, and see all you lovely Fixxtures again, even on disk.

I'll post again as it arrives.....BTW, Bash, did you see me on TV, NBC 11 the past few days? I was welcoming home the san Jose Oak Grove Eagles, the Midget Pop Warner level National Superbowl Winners ! Looking forward to seeing you soon, with much love,

Dr. Roger

So Roger, what are you a doctor of?

Did i hear you mention a long ways back that you were a physician or surgeon?
    "There can be no tradition without innovation."
    - Earle Hitchner, Irish music journalist

I sent it Priority Mail yesterday, Roger - hope it arrives safely and quickly.

~Bathe In A Turning Tide~

I am so bummed! I got the dvd today and started watching it. I was really pleased, although I had two spots during touch when the dvd froze for a few seconds. Then during the Want That Life clip the screen went fuzzy, I looked at the dvd player and all the lights were out. None of the buttons will do anything. (power, eject, etc.) So now, I have this brand new dvd stuck in a pretty new dvd player and I only watched about 8 minutes of the dvd...sigh

anyway what I did see was much appreciated, I just hope I can get the dvd out without ruining it.

Re: EAGLES

Originally posted by Doctor Roger
    BTW, did you see me on TV, NBC 11, welcoming home the San Jose Oak Grove Eagles, Pop Warner level National Superbowl Winners!
    Dr. Roger
    Say what??!
    That was my High School! Our football coach (way back ahem when) was Mike Holmgren, now head coach of the Seattle Seahawks...

STILL stuck in the water slide at the Vegas Hard Rock pool...
    Hey, doc - you got mail!
    web site | blog | photos | Twitter (primary)
    ----
    "And the Vino di Vici will flow like a river in spring,
    Now the fix(x), the fix(x) is in." - Elbow

I got my DVD the other day as well, it's excellent! Thanks so much for doing it, guys. I was at two of those gigs (The Coach House and Pacific Amphitheater). I had a question, why are some of the songs just clips instead of the full song? I was assuming it's because for songs like Reach the Beach (which I nearly peed my pants about when they played it at the Coach House) that weren't played at every gig, there wasn't enough footage? Or was it just to cut down on disc time? Anyway love the DVD, thanks a lot.
    Fixxated

With her senses sharpened by the warning cold
    She brings me to memory

Yes, Ed !

Yes, Ed !

The very same school....that's where we practiced, behind the varsity field.

I was a Team Volunteer and game announcer with this year's Pop Warner Midget level football team, the Oak Grove Eagles. (Ages 14-15)

We played Dorchester, Mass. for the Super Bowl title, and won 6-0 in a very defensive, nail biting game ! The game will be shown on ESPN world wide on Christmas day at 3:00 p.m.

During the regular season games, while announcing the games, I played The Fixx at half time and during time outs! (Among other bands).

So, as I anxiously await the arrival of the DVD, I'm getting messages and calls about whatever I did in Santa Cruz with the Reach The Beach sign...was I THAT noticable? Wow, I can't wait to see it all, as I was at most of those shows. Bash, thanks for the info, Pip: thanks for the sending the DVD, I'll let you know when it arrives...

"I HOPE IT COMES, IT COMES, IT COMES AROUND " !! Soon.....

Perhaps Ed will grace us with his attendance at Bash's DVD party ?

Hella LOVE to you all..................

Dr. Roger

BTW: I'm NOT a M.D......or a surgeon.

Perhaps...

Perhaps we Northerners can drive down there near Pippi, Ed, Cygnet, etc. for the DVD viewing?

Bash, that ride down and back...........I guarantee you'll never forget it ! Heehee (Smiling)

As I read these posts, one thought comes to me again and again..... it seems that we really are a FAMILY ! Heck, I talk more to fellow Fixxtures that my own brothers! My family rarely writes me any letters or emails. I am so thankful for great friends and fellow music lovers like all of you! I find myself wondering how you are, what you're doing, and marvel at the distances and differences we share, and the common threads we also enjoy and talk about. Although I'm an old fart, you all make me feel young again. I look forward to meeting those of you who I haven't yet met, and I truly hope we can ALL meet at a Fixx show this coming year, that's my New Year's wish.

Till then, I'll settle for smaller, intimate gatherings like this DVD party. I hope it materializes cause I need something to look forward to until we get new tour dates! I'm saving airline miles.....hint, Ed !

Love,

Dr. Roger

Sounds like a lot of fun and excitment with the football kids. Congrats!

I thought i saw something a long time ago about your doctorism! Heck i was gonna ask you what you recommended for sinus meds! ive been "plugged" thats what i was wonderin!

"There can be no tradition without innovation."
    - Earle Hitchner, Irish music journalist

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast