Thread: Icehouse

Icehouse

I know this has been out a little while, but I just go "Meltdown", the remixed versions of Icehouse classics.....and it RULES.
    It's like listening to a whole new Icehouse album...or a new version of these songs, like a live album might have. What a treat!
    Of course my favorite Icehouse album is "Measure for Measure." "No Promises" can't be beat!
    "Please take part to find your soul...read between the lines. Please take part and play your role....read between the lines"

I always liked them, I will look for this one, thanks.
    I am the winner in any event.

another icehouse fan!

...that's fantastic. A good reminder. I'll look for this one. I downloaded all kinds of their music a while back and made one giant compilation CD in no particular order. Excellent stuff.
    Fluxus is not: a movement, a moment in history, an organization. Fluxus is: an idea, a kind of work, a tendency, a way of life, a changing set of people who do Fluxworks.
    --Dick Higgins

When Icehouse first appeared they were known as "The Flowers" and their first album was called Icehouse after the title track. they changed their name soon after, later releases of the album were titled "Icehouse- Icehouse. I still have an original when they were known as the flowers...still one of their best albums...

Oh yes....I have those too!!!! Another truly amazing band. Probably my favorite after The Fixx.
    "Please take part to find your soul...read between the lines. Please take part and play your role....read between the lines"

I had 3 of their albums in the 80's. Admittedly,I didn't play them much. I bought them all for cheap prices(3 or 4 bucks a pop),specifically for a song or two,but Icehouse were a decent enough 80's band.

My favorite tunes of their's were/are:"Hey Little Girl","No Promises",and "Electric Blue".

All of their albums were remastered with bonus tracks a few years ago in Australia...the imports are definitely worth buying!!!
    "I will conquer
    Space around me"

I love Icehouse. Thanks for alerting on this album- putting it on the wish list (altho I believe everyone's already bought stuff for me for the holidays, harumph).

Love Man of Colours. Love No Promises (the 12" was played over and over and over and over in college in my dorm room!). Even love Great Southern Land, especially after visiting Australia!