Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol

Originally posted by tenohtwo
    It was only a matter of time before something like this happened, and is it not entertaining? I think it would be hilarious to see a bad singer win it all. After all, it's a voting contest, not a singing contest.

I've often thought the same thing, and although I am not watching it this season, not just yet, I wait till the last couple of weeks before the final winner, I am catching all the media attention about this really bad singer still in the running simply due to votes.
    I am the winner in any event.

i do agree with you on this i don;t think the show has been that good this year as it has been in the past! too much b.s. going on! i also don't think there are as many singers this year that really are as good as they were in the past except for a few like melinda, lakisha, phil i think maybe people are getting tired of all the gossip and b.s. going on with idol right now especially with sanjaya still there which we all know he should have been gone weeks ago dee

I am hopeful that this season will make them change the whole voting scheme. They have been so greedy up until now, trying to get every single vote (cha-ching) they could, going for quantity over quality of vote. It basicly begs fraud. I'm not sure how you solve the problem perfectly, but maybe if everyone who wanted to vote had to register first and get a unique ID, and then each ID was only good for 10 votes each week or something like that, it might be more fair. Either that, or you give the judges a little more voting power at some point during the season, so they can actually boot somebody.

I agree with others who have commented that the talent is generally weak this season, with fewer bright spots than in the past. In previous years, I suspect many of the current finalists wouldn't have made it past the initial audition if they had to compete with prior contestants. Funny to recall that Simon Cowell didn't support Jennifer Hudson or Chris Daughtry to go to Hollywood. Thus, his decision to vote "yes" for Sanjaya seems all the more bizarre. He must have been having a momentary Teletubby flashback. That being said, I should give Simon credit. He's always my favorite judge and he usually gets it right...

i read about the show in the paper but can't watch that crap !!
    it's what's really bad about the music industry , where people with no
    talent get paid and most of the public think's it's a complete joke !!
    which it is !! i'll watch only if they write thier own stuff and then sing it
    live !! you gotta have talent for that , that's if the songs are any good !?!

sorry but sanjaya looked ridiculous last night with that hair! and his singing was pretty sad too. poor gwen i can't believe he killed her song like that!! even simon said it doesn't matter what i say sanjaya cause he knows what is going on with the voting!!! i thouht gina was great singing the pretenders song also but i still think melinda is gonna win! she was excellent last night so was lakesha and phil and jordin! hopefully sanjaya will be gone tonight but i doubt it! it will be somebody that should not be going over him again!!! pretty sad dee

I agree with dee

I think Dee is right again... sanjaya sucked last night, but I thought that haley sucked too. Either one could be gone... Chris sucked even more...what is he doing there anyway? And haley... she stinks, even with the dancer's body. I thought this was a SINGING competition, but the only good singers are melinda, lakisha, and the 2 boys, the beat rapper and the justin wannabe, i forgot the names.

My vote is for HOUSE, M.D. ! That is one of the best shows on TV. My opinion only,

Dr. Roger

I'm with the Doc...HOUSE ROCKS!!! I just luuuuurve Hugh Laurie.

As for the competition, it's still Melinda all the way, I think. It's so nice to see a gal who doesn't have to be a diva to get attention.

i agree with you both dr. roger and muse girl!! melinda is the best and your right haley did stink last night it will probably be her going over sanjaya tonight you watch!!! as far as house goes it is my favorite show also last night's was really good hugh laurie is a great actor just love him and the show i even watched the repeats they put on monday nights here while idol is on tuesdays!! i have been only watching three shows or so at night and house is number one then idol then 24 dee

this is getting ridiculous!!! how long are they gonna keep sanjaya there? really sad it is a joke now! i also thought haley should have went before chris i believe she is there because of her looks also!!!! she messed up the words to true colors and no one even said anything about it this week!!! the only bright spot of the show last night was gwen's performance do like her old stuff when she as with no doubt though!! i think we should all call this number to get rid of sanjaya 1-800-bye bye-sanjaya!!! lol dee

Ruh-roh!

well all i can say is if snajaya wins i am done watching american idol for sure! and simon said if he wins he is quiting the show so i definitely would not watch it anymore cause i love simon too!! at least he tells it like it is! i thought this was about singing not looks and clothes !!!! dee

well tesday night they are celebrating the music of tony bennett oh i can't wait to hear sanjaya really trash his music poor tony!!! dee

While Melinda and Lakisha are indeed the best singers - they are starting to bore me.....zzzzzzzzz. Jordin is quite adorable - and coming along nicely. Gina rocked the house last week = she is also very much improved over the beginning. Phil is doing much better also. I actually like Chris Richardson too. But, with this Sanjaya thing, it's anybody's guess this year.

But, hey - am I the only one who liked Sanjaya's crazy mohawk and song last week??!! The kid's got guts.
    ~Bathe In A Turning Tide~

i loved phil and gina from the beginningbut i don't think either one will win i still think gina is a great rocker though and you are right pippi i think lakesha is getting moe boring then melinda though! and jordin is really great too!!! dee

HI PIP !

Hi There Pip My Dear Friend !!

I hope all is well with you and yours...... I think of you often.

Any chance of you making it to Phoenix or any other west coast show when they post dates?

I'd love to meet you in Phoenix if I can make it. Hope to see you soon!

With KGB Love,

Dr. Roger

P.S. Hi Dee, now I think the winner will be Melinda, with the runner up being Chris.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast