Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Drinking Right NOW?

Cool So this is my reputation: I hold strange objects

It's a squishy yo-yo ball...or something like that. It's a toy I got at the mall filled with glittery liquid, and it squishes! (I don't know what the proper name for the toy is.)

I'm not drinking anything...yet. In a few minutes, I'll get up to get some water.

Here's a better image of me holding the object:

OK, now it's water time.

Cute!

Inkblot - I love your shoes!!!!!
    Stick to water my dear as it is Nature's Gin! There will be plenty of time for alcohol when you reach 21 someday! However, Let the mom and concerned woman in me speak - Always drink in moderation! From my own experiences and or knowledge, I have lost 2 people in my own family from alcoholism! It is not a pretty picture either!!!!!!!
    I also had a scarey experiece with a cousin of mine that was a minor. We were at a party and drinking and she drank entirely too much. She was trying to keep up with me but never realized I was either diluting the drinks or dumping them to only fill my glass with water or diet drinks. The party we were at was with a group of other cousins my age who would pride themselves on trying to get me wasted and when I realized I was the target for them I would psyche them out and pretend I was wasted. They all fell for it but my poor younger cousin had alcohol poisining. She and I got silly and jumped into a swimming pool with our clothes on and then we went over to another cousin's house to find a change of clothes. There she kept getting sick and going in and out of consciousness. She locked the bathroom door and I panicked in my struggle to get to her. I managed to but in the moment I reminded her of the other older cousin that once died from alcohol. Sadly I forgot that the home I was in was the sister to that person and we all began to break down. It was a LONG NIGHT trying to sober her up and keeping her awake in hopes to keep her alive. She survived the night thankfully and now I refuse to allow her to even get a slight buzz in my presence! Let this be a lesson! Now I will step down from the preacher's soapbox!

Happy Valentine's Day!

rkerchic, I'm sorry to hear that about your cousin!!

Me, I've really only drank once...champagne punch at my now ex-boyfriend's on New Years'. It was interesting... But I got tipsy right away, and because of that, my ex was able to beat me at Yu-Gi-Oh cards ('cuz I was more susceptible to his cheating at the game). I never told my mom, but she overheard me telling my sister - and she got really P-Oed. But that's in another thread...

I am drinking water . . . .

and eating chocolate.
    ~Bathe In A Turning Tide~

Don't Drink the Water

OK. If you insist. Una cerveza Tecate por favor.

Smithwick's Ale

This has been mostly unavailable in the USA until now. Stores are stocking it for St. Patrick's Day.

"Comfort Food".... OVALTINE !

Kim:thumbsup:
    My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
    ~Dalai Lama

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    ~Adam Savage

Thumbs up

Originally posted by pippi617
    I am drinking water . . . .

and eating chocolate.
    You GO GIRL !!!
    ...It's what you WILL find...you WILL find...

STILL stuck in the water slide at the Vegas Hard Rock pool...

Re: Smithwick's Ale

Originally posted by dejapete
    This has been mostly unavailable in the USA until now. Stores are stocking it for St. Patrick's Day.
    Hmmm, sort of afraid to wander away from my Boddington's, with its lighter, more ahem ladylike effervescence. What's it like, DP? Darker, lighter?

Reminds me of when a bunch of us were sitting around socializing after a show, and it was kind of close quarters, and gentleman Jamie sitting next to me declined a beer because it "gives me too much gas" (burping, in the UK). And then, with that childlike innocence, "but you probably didn't want to know that, did you?"

52 to you, my funny friend!
    web site | blog | photos | Twitter (primary)
    ----
    "And the Vino di Vici will flow like a river in spring,
    Now the fix(x), the fix(x) is in." - Elbow

Drinking water again. I can swear I've been drinking more water since I started posting in this thread...but that's not a bad thing at all, now is it?

Gee Bash - thanks for enlightening us on Jamie's Birthday Gas - - -

rofl

Sorry - somebody fed me martinis again . . . .

But - yes, this thread does make you drink water - I had noticed that too.
    ~Bathe In A Turning Tide~

Re: Re: Smithwick's Ale

Originally posted by Bash
    Hmmm, sort of afraid to wander away from my Boddington's, with its lighter, more ahem ladylike effervescence. What's it like, DP? Darker, lighter?

Actually, I hadn't tried it yet, so I had to run out to the store and get some.

It has a deep amber color with an ample head. The amount of foam reduces the carbonation, but it is still too fizzy coming from a bottle.

It has a nice flavor. Not too bitter, and not too sweet, with some spiciness. And it seems slightly heavier than other ales I've had.

My cousin in Ireland brings it to America for her friends. Itís OK, but not great. I donít think it lives up to its mystique. Perhaps it is better with food.

Update: I tried it with food. Didn't make it better. I heard Boddington's is good. Sounds like the one to stick with.
    Last edited by dejapete; 02-19-2006 at 02:23 PM.

Having 100% apple juice at the moment.
    All-natural. No sugar added. Great stuff.......

Smile Diet Dr. Pepper

Hello All,

I am drinking Diet Dr. Pepper. Tastes like the real Dr. Pepper without the sugar.

Fixxation

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast