Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Colognes/Perfumes

Colognes/Perfumes

What kinds of colognes, perfumes do you prefer or wear?

Kim
    My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
    ~Dalai Lama

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    ~Adam Savage

Being a French woman, I am addicted to an Italian perfume.
    I am the winner in any event.

STILL stuck in the water slide at the Vegas Hard Rock pool...
    Funny thing about fragrance...I've got about 15 fragrances here, but...I might use one of them once or twice a year. They just take up space in the bathroom cupboard most of the time. I'm particularly careful not to wear fragrance anywhere where I'll be in close quarters with others - like gigs - because I don't want to set off anyone's scent allergies.

In general, whatever scent I have comes from the body lotion I grab after shower. That fragrance lasts about an hour, and then I spend the rest of the day smelling like Bash. (Which, according to at least one sweet thing who had me caught up in a long embrace, is a scent very much like chocolate. You are what you eat! )
    web site | blog | photos | Twitter (primary)
    ----
    "And the Vino di Vici will flow like a river in spring,
    Now the fix(x), the fix(x) is in." - Elbow

Polo

Drakkar Noir also, but I prefer Polo.

I really like this one perfume I've had for a while... Everafter by Avon. I don't know if they make it anymore...I hope they do.

For me, after showering, Palmer's Cocoa Butter paired with The Body Shop's Vanilla perfume oil. I like to smell like a cookie, or white chocolate. The scents fade to subtle, but there. And the yummy light peach/orange of Kadus shampoo, for those who get close enough, cheek-to-cheek to notice it. I don't want to smell like a flower...LOL!
    That perfume oil works great for billet doux's...it's not obnoxious, but soft.

Kim
    My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
    ~Dalai Lama

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    ~Adam Savage

I like the perfumes made by Voluspa. The scents are unusual blends and they come in narrow spray bottles, usually slid inside brocade bags. The scent I've worn over the last year is called Enfleurage (Petals of heliotrope, magnolia, white rose, and lavender, vanilla bean, cucumber and rosewood). Now that I've finished the bottle, I might try a different one -- Cocoa Tamarind and Mimosa Martini are competing for my attention at the moment.

Body lotions in my bathroom are usually lavendar, either from Bare Esscentuals or L'Occitane, or sometimes the lavendar/vanilla collection from Origins.
    Last edited by Bash; 02-04-2006 at 02:48 PM.
    ----

The last two people who asked me what scent I was wearing, went out and bought that scent. Now we all smell alike. And this town's too small for that . . . . .

~Bathe In A Turning Tide~

Bash smells nice though.
    ~Bathe In A Turning Tide~

I always wondered what your fragrance is, Pip - it's a really good one for you, and sparingly applied, which I always greatly appreciate. I'm a scent sensitive person - some scents give me headaches (highly sweet florals, for one), and some really make my tummy queasy (heavy, rich scents).

It's a funny thing I've noticed here in SF - lots of women go barefaced, or with a dusting of powder on their nose, and a dollop of gloss on their lips, and that's it. People dress functionally here - you can be seated at nearly any restaurant in town wearing jeans, and no one even blinks. And I notice there's a downplay on scents here - people wear them, but they don't pour it on.

Of course, you'll occasionally find the exception - the lady who always dresses to the nines, no matter the weather or event - struggling through monsoons or 100 degree heat in her dress and heels and sort of "Glamour Shots" make-up and hair. And when she comes your way on the street, her "shock wave" (aka fragrance) hits you about 10 yards before she passes by! That presentation is definitely more common in Texas and parts of the south, but it really stands out when it's done here - we're just really laid back in comparison. I can't imagine doing that daily - taking a half an hour to do makeup would try my patience. I can be showered, blown dry, made-up, dressed, packed for my commute and out the door in about that!
    ----

Why isn't there a fragrance that smells like fresh baked cookies?

Voluspa

Musegirl, I was wondering where I saw the name Voluspa before - just had a moment to look it up, and discovered I'm familair with their candle line. Really nice balanced fragrances with unusual notes. I'll have to find where their fragrances are carried here and give a sniff. The Mimosa Martini sounds good, and if it's not too heavy, I'd probably like the Jasmine Brown Sugar as well.
    ----

Originally posted by dejapete
    Why isn't there a fragrance that smells like fresh baked cookies?
    There IS one, DP! It's made by Demeter Fragrance Library, and smells divine. I have a different fragrance by them, Orange Cream Pop, that smells EXACTLY like one. YUM! They have lots of interesting "flavors":

Demeter at Sephora
    ----

OK. Now where can I sign up for SmelloWeb?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast