Thread: flock of seagulls concert?

flock of seagulls concert?

hi is anybody on here from buffalo? are you going to see flock of seagulls and roar 84 at club infinity friday night? last and only tour from flock of seagulls this year!!!! let me know so i can look for you. i will be there with my friend jennifer have a good one dee

Although the Fixx usually have a good crowd when they play here, I think we may be the only ones on the forum from the Buffalo area.

Buffalogal & I are thinking about going, but it's going to be a last minute thing if we can. Right now it's looking pretty good. We may be with a couple other people. Nothing definite yet.

We'll definitely say hi if we see you. Do you know what you'll be wearing?

I'll be wearing a green sweater, jeans, light colored winter coat. I'll be drinking whatever the least common draft beer they have is (can't stand Labatts), or Sam Adams in a bottle. Being an 80's party, one of us might wear something with the Fixx on it.

Hopefully we'll make it.

Tom (and Michelle)

AFOS + TORY!

Flock show goers, if you get to ask mike Score a question...

ask em diamond would like to know what happened to TORY, the girl bass player from a few years back?

Where is she now, and what is she up to?? Think she was from FLA???

i ll owe ya-

d3
    "There can be no tradition without innovation."
    - Earle Hitchner, Irish music journalist

Hey Dave,

I'll definitely ask the question if he's out after the show.

This is the club that I thought would be a great venue for the Fixx.

hey sorry tom i did not get your message on here til saturday afternoon. so i don't know if you were there or not. i did keep my eyes out for any fixx wear on people anyways. there were alot of people there it was a great show. i don't know who the first band was did not catch their name but they were good played alot of zz top. and i thought roar 84 was good once they let the male band members sing the songs i am sorry but i did not like the girl's vocals on safety dance. some songs were not meant to be sung by a woman. some can pull it off some can;t. flock of seagulls was great. i asked the man that was selling their t-shirts if this was their last tour and he said no way. they won't stop touring now they love it too much. i said that is great because i heard they were not gonna tour anymore after this year he said that was a rumour. anyways all in all it was a great night of musictom if you went let me know what you thought of the bands i am interested to hear your thoughts on them. have a good weekend dee p.s. if you were there what did you think of roar 84's version of the fixx's one thing leads to another? it was their first song of the night!

We did end up going with a couple friends. The first band was already started when we got there. I think they said something about that they usually don't do covers, but I thought they did a pretty good job. Roar85 was pretty good. They had a good selection of 80's material. I was surprised when they opened up with "One Thing Leads to Another". That was the first time in my life I've ever heard anyone do a Fixx cover at a club. Surprised also that the girl sang it. She seemed to have a low voice. A little strange without a bass player for that song too. They must have had the bass taped or midied, or however they do that?

We were standing on the left side most of the night near the tables (but not at one). near a corner partiton. We went on the dance floor when they played "I Ran", then we were up by the stage at the end. Where were you guys?

I've never really been a big FOS fan, but the songs sounded decent given all the other band members were not original. We enjoyed the night overall though, and I like the club. Be a great venue for the Fixx.

Sorry Dave, it didn't look like Mike Score was going to come out to sign, so I couldn't ask your question? Didn't see a bus either.

Tom

hi tom sorry we did not get to meet you at the concert! we were on the right side where you walk onto the floor in front of the stage most of the night my nephew justin was a bouncer there at that back door that night so we stayed around there and went and talked to him alot too. i also was surprised that the girl sang the fixx song i still say it would have been better if one of the guys sang it. but not bad i guess. i also ejoyed all the 80's songs they played too. we left after flock of seagulls encore. and you are right the fixx would be really great at that club. we are probably gonna go to some more concerts there looks like some good ones comig up. i usually check the gusto every friday to see the listings for the club. maybe we will meet you and your wife some other time take care dee

AFOS + Tory

Hey Diamond,
    I went to see them play in the late 90's and met Tory. She asked for my address and sent me a letter and some CD's of other projects she was involved in (which were pretty cool). One CD was a comp with a song she did solo which is amazing. The name of the band was "Potential Frenzy". It was a kind of powerpop thing and had alot of energy and some great hooks. Last I knew she lived in Orlando. I read (on the AFOS Fan Site) that she had departed from the band in 97 due to family problems. Anyway, she was amazing on stage and added a great look/sound/energy to the band which I'm sure you already know... I wonder what she's doing now?? :-) RioBra

rioBRA..... dare i ask?

Thanx for the Tory update..... She reminded me of a tough Chrissie Hynde bass player- and i too thought she was very good (and cute!) So i wondered to what such a talent was doing these days....

Maybe throw me some more details in a private message sometime...
    Like to hear her other stuff you mentioned....

Maybe i ll get down to FLA for a show since my aunt lives in the Tampa outskirts... but she just had knee surgery - so dont know if she'll be in the mood to stand for a long time with a recovering knee!

thanx

d3
    "There can be no tradition without innovation."
    - Earle Hitchner, Irish music journalist