Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: american idol

Pip, I think you a reright about Paris, after hearing the judges comments that she doesn't have the maturity, plus being in the bottom 3 and 2.

I'd like to see Taylor win it just to annoy Simon to no end. But I don't think he's going to go all the way. IMHO.

hi cyn i agree with you i would love for taylor to win just to tick simon off cause i don't think he likes him at all. and i also think paris is too young she probably won't win but who knows? right? dee p.s. if taylor don't win i hope chris will he is a excellent singer also

Looked in on the show tonight.
    All five individuals are very talented vocalists.

If I had to rank them at this point......

5. Paris
    4. Chris
    3. Taylor
    2. Katharine
    1. ELLIOTT

Of course, JMO here.....

i think all of them did well last night except for chris but his voice was going also. i rank them as taylor,chris,elliott,paris,then katherine. even though chris's voice was going i don't think he will go tonight. it will either be paris or elliott but who knows right? dee

I thought Elliott did very well last night. I suppose one of the reasons why I believe he could and should win is that he has been the most consistent lately. I think all of the other contestants are good, but nerves and fatigue may be settling in and so each has had their wobbly moments. Elliott has been very good when picking his songs. I particularly liked the second one last night, which he didn't try to over sing with runs, etc. Very cool. Plus he's from Virginia, so I voted for him again this week.

I really wanted to like Chris last night. His first song was strong. But he totally blew it with the second choice for me. He should have chosen a more understated song to show his range. That being said, I am always impressed with his power, how clear his tone is, and how I can always understand what he is singing. I can't wait for him to bring those qualities to pop radio, which is often lacking.

Katherine's first song was just awful . The second one was better, but it just didn't do it for me. I think she really needs to be careful about which songs she chooses. At first, I thought she was the one to beat in the competition - gorgeous girl, great voice, total package. But she seems on the verge of flaming out. I think one of the earmarks of the winner is that when the person takes the mic, you know you're going to get a great performance, every time. You just never know what she's going to do when she opens her mouth.

Paris has such a distinctive sound to her voice, I think it works way better for some songs than others. I didn't really dig her Prince thing or the second song either. Part of the issue I think is the maturity of the songs. She may sound like a 35 year old woman trapped in a 17 year old's body, but I think her age works against her when it comes to certain material. She's just too cute and sweet to pull off some of these ultra sexy songs. I think she's amazing, but I don't think she'll make it to the top three. Tonight might be her night to go. I'm not worried about her though. If a record company is smart they will sign her to a long-term deal and she'll be kicking Beyonce's booty.

I loved Taylor's performance last night. Granted, he's not the best singer in the competition, but geez, he's the most entertaining. Has anybody ever looked like they were enjoying performing more than this guy? I think he will probably make the top three, but I'm not sure he'll be in the final two. That said, I think he's going to do very well when this is over. BTW, loved the paisley shirt. It was totally perfect for the song.

So, to make a long story longer, I think one of the gals is going home tonight.

I think Paris is going home too. I didn't care for either of her performances.

I also didn't think Katherine or Elliott did well with their first songs, but E totally nailed the second one.

I absolutely hate the first song Taylor did, but he did put all of his energy into it.

Tune in tonight!

And Muse, you actually got through to vote? I haven't been able to at all!

Originally posted by Cyn_in_DC
    And Muse, you actually got through to vote? I haven't been able to at all!
    Actually, I am on Cingular, so I text message my votes...

well i had a feeling paris would go last night. i think elliott may be next but just my opinion! should be a interesting show next week with only four left!!! i still think it is gonna be one of the guys that wins could be wrong? dee

But

I was wrong about Kelli Pickler, but I'm right about katherine. kat will win, with either Chris or Elliot coming in second.

I disagree with you though, I thought Paris was great.... I must be missing something.

Kat has it all, voice, cheekbones, body, beautiful head to toe, and although she knows it, she isn't concieted or stuck up. She'll be the next Idol.

Love all,

Dr. Roger

Chris is still in the running, that's all I need to know. The others do not wow me as much.
    I am the winner in any event.

Since it's America voting...

..I wouldn't be surprsied if Taylor makes it all the way! He's not been in the bottom yet as far as I know. I think the next off will either be Katherine of <<GASP>> Elliott, as much as I hate to say it.

Here's my final four:

4. Elliot
    3. Taylor
    2. Chris
    1. Katherine (yes Doctor, I think you made the right call!)
    ...when a breath inspires it's a sign of life...

I, too, am an American Idol junkie.

I just don't feel it this year, dawg. I guess my faves (of those still standing) are Katharine and Elliot but they are no Clay Aiken or Kelly Clarkson.

Elliott butchered "On Broadway" last night. Oy, was it painful!?!

Paris will be back some way, somehow! She just needs a little time to mature. Seveteen is really, really young.

Mandisa, the best of them all, got cut for the shallowest of reasons -- her weight.

It's like a train wreck to me this year -- I don't want to stare but I can't look away.

Tara Lyn
    You know me, I'm the dark horse that just might win the race.

Yea TaraLyn - Mandisa was the best of the girls this year. Her weight and her religious views may have cost her votes.

The guys - of course, Chris is the best with Taylor a close second. Eliot is awesome but doesn't have the mass appeal of Chris or the uniqueness of Taylor.

I hope that the guys take the top three - but I doubt that is what will happen.

All of the top ten will undoubtedly get contracts of some sort. This is only the beginning for lthe most talented ones.

~Bathe In A Turning Tide~

Originally posted by taralyn919

Elliott butchered "On Broadway" last night. Oy, was it painful!?!

Tara Lyn
    Just the song itself needs to be butchered. I never liked it when it was popular, and who the heck ever sang it to begin with? Not that I really want to know.
    I am the winner in any event.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast