Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stuarts Birthday!!

April 21st is my baby girl's birthday. That's a good day.
    ~Bathe In A Turning Tide~

Happy Birthday Stuart!!!!

Happy Belated Birthday Stuart!

Kinda busy myself and sort-of re-organizing my life (divorced, moved house recently).

Anyways, cheers mate!

Hey Stu Happy month after your birthday and good luck with the newbe ,we are up to 2 now but no chance of anymore,ive seen to that!!!!!
    Hope the Swans do you proud in the playoffs.

regards

Dave

Dave Snakey

B side the C side in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, UK
    Hello Dave, how's it going up north? Sure thing with the swans, but starting to sweat a little until last weekends results went in our favour.

Next Friday, 21st April at 11.00am GMT - weird - we have the time and date, even the sex and have chosen a name, bit like ordering a pizza....

This little lady will be called Erin given the time I enjoy spending on the Emeral Isle.

>>we are up to 2 now but no chance of anymore,ive seen to that!!!!!<<

You're brave Dave, I was meant to have had the cruellest snip to make sure I was firing blanks, 2 children ago...... ah well - wouldn't be without any of them, despite my ever decreasing bank balance, never mind, that could be all about to change (the decreasing bank balance bit) - oh for ambitions that are getting very close to realisation.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Stuart at the Welsh Connection

An extreme belated birthday Stuart

Just read that post and shame on me for missing it! Hope it was Happy! I see you have lots to celebrate with schooling, work changes, and having a 4th child! Social Work - eh? My good friend had received a degree in Social Work here in the U.S. She had done this degree later in life as well. She interned at a Hospice in which that is how we met. She became my supervisor for a satellite location of an Adult Day Care program. When our company allowed the Daycare to close, she then went back to work for the Hospice, dealing with terminally ill and their families. The company just terminated her position as our state law is requiring all social workers to have their licenses and apparently she never pursued it. They did not want to wait for her to apply for it (Here it takes very long to get) so they let her go. How sad? Now she said she may even have change of heart again to try something else but her age may be a factor (55). My point is -do what is in your heart and you will find great happiness and hopefully the money will follow too! I know this cause' I too have changed work hats many times in my life but before I stopped to have children, I can finally say I had found my niche in Adult Day Care as an Activities Director. It did not pay the best but it brought satisfaction. Enjoy the rest and best of what is yet to come!

Hello rkerchic and everyone

Well I've certainly donned a few work hats in the past

I trained as a plumber, worked as a DJ, taxi driver, depot manager for a large (unethical) company (left after 6 years as not being willing to turn a blind eye to their, ahem, activities), wore the full time home carer hat for 6 years as we have one son with autism and another son diagnosed in the last 3 weeks as having Aspergers Syndrome, now work as a social worker, (we too have to be licensed and registered with various authorities), now moving on to be a DSA Approved Driving Instructor, my career development loan came through this week and as it pays twice the going rate for a Social Worker, with far less stress, then I think it's the way forward.

Just a note though, you're right, never to late to learn and re-train.
    I graduated earlier this year, really upset 2 of my sisters (both teachers and both with good - not brilliant degrees), anyway, I graduated with Distinction and had my paper published, something that neither achieved.

SO GO FOR IT....

Will post some pics up here once the little lady is ready.

Was trying at once point to find a Fixxy name for her, closest I got was

Gracy Jean which didn't sound like what we wanted. The thinking was like this:

G - Gary
    R - Rupert
    A - Adam
    Cy - Cy

J - Jamie
    E - ?
    A - ?
    N - ?

We settled on Erin !!!

Gracy Jean...that's clever. But Erin is a fine name, too.

Hi Stuart-
    I like the sound of Gracy but Erin is even better of course from a woman married to a man of Irish/Scottish heritage!
    Autism and Asperger's - Wow! That must be a lil' tough on you and the wife! I used to work part-time for Children's Specialized Hospital as a teacher's assistant and Camp leader (summer program) and children with those disorders were in that program. I loved them dearly! They are unique lil' individuals and I felt I was connecting with some of them. We had such good times! I did that for a few years while I was attending college for my degree as a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant. In a few years when the babies are grown I am going to get my next degree in Gerontology! I love people as you can see! Lots of luck again with the career change and the family!

Stuart......you, sir, are a real man.

Working hard for your family, looking after your two sons like that......
    Now taking on a new career to better provide for them.

One has to admire dedication like yours.

And we are looking forward to the arrival of Erin.
    Yes, that's a lovely name.......

Erin is a lovely name Stuart as my eldest will testify!!!!!
    Good luck to all.

Dave Snakey

Hello folks, thanks for all your kind words, it's really great to belong to a wordwide community of such nice people.
    Having children changes your life, having children with special needs, obviously changes your life even more, we had to put our lives on hold for the better part of 8 years with Christopher, but he's confounded the so called experts who said he'd never read, write, talk, etc, - he now does all these as well as playing football for school, attending Sea Cadets and much more, for the last 2 we've battled the doctors who said that David was not affected by Autism / Aspergers, we knew different as living with him 24 hours a day, we could see things that doctors couldn't hope to see in a 15 minute consultation, David was recently diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome, although so very mild you only ever see very subtle clues to the condition, Stephanie is a little madam, she attends stage school, same one a Catherine Zeta Douglas Jones went to, called the Mark Jermin Stage School, they have a great reputation and she absolutely loves going, she's done some TV commercials, live shows and will be doing Grease in June for a 7 night run. That leaves Erin - she's due this coming Friday 21st April by C section, will post some pics once I have some, until then, some pics of my brood below.

Christopher and David in the "Wishing Tree"

Stephanie practicing for Hollywood

Christopher looking rather pensive

Merlin (my dog) apres swimming....

and here's me

Oh, you've got a Stephanie!!!!!!!

My mom always teases me about being named Stephanie, due to the fact that no matter what we watch on T.V., there's always a Stephanie in the credits!!!

Congratulations on beating the system with your kids and kudos for being part of a great parenting team

Stephanie
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

(Sherrilyn Kenyon, Devil May Cry)

http://www.wordclay.com/BookStore/BookStoreBookDetails.aspx?bookid=37784

Good luck today, Stuart!
    From the point of ignition
    to the final drive
    the point of the journey
    is not to arrive
    anything can happen

Very nice looking family Stuart! How is baby Erin?
    Okay I still did not post pictures yet after 3 weeks of delivery but I do plan on it. This weekend was busy busy busy! I had to go to a two year old's birthday yesterday and I have an Uncle that has been visiting so I 've been tied up. My pictures are all printed, now I need to download them on the computer. Hopefully real soon! I look forward to seeing your baby girl too! Take care and lots of luck and sleep I hope!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast