Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2006 Street Team Effort

2006 Street Team Effort

Hey Ed! Hey Cygnet! Hey Rkerchic! Everybody!

Are there Tour cards, Cygnet?
    The last ones you did were great!
    Just gave away the last one I had on me.

Can we do up an approved unified flyer template, that can have dates/locations easily swapped out, so they can be downloaded and printed?

Ooo, and maybe a quick, short approved history/discography of the band to hand out?

YAY! Just getting excited about this tour starting up!

Kim
    My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
    ~Dalai Lama

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    ~Adam Savage

I'd like to do my part, if someone sent me some cards here, I would pass them around. I don't know if ther's any1 else here in this state who is a Fixx fan, but I's like to make some more for the guys!!! Send me a message if any1 wants to work this out.
    mich112670

Count me in to spread the word!! I could easily give flyers to teachers and perhaps male friends who'd be happy to pass things out for me...

All I need are some flyers. I should be able to make 'em in Print Shop... They will list the two NorCal dates (Santa Cruz and Brentwood), and any other California dates that come up...

Count me in when we get an okay. I am hoping to be attending more outdoor events after unloading the watermelon in my belly. I should hopefully have a lot of opportunities to distribute flyers. I would do the college/university advertising too if I have permission. I will do nothing until I am granted with an official okay and remind me as to where the boundaries should lie. HOWEVER - Where are the NEW JERSEY AND NEW YORK DATES????? It works better for me when they are in the area performing. I do have another idea - MUSIC FEST 2006. Last year our local counties sponsored an all day event with many different local bands during the day and three headliners in the evening ( this year it was The Smithereens, They Might Be Giants, and Joan Jett and The Blackhearts ( who was working hard at plugging her upcoming new releases.) I believe the performers were paid but I could look into this if a special band that I love may consider it. It was a fantastic event and the performers seemed to enjoy it as well. It looked like a LIVE AID concert from back in the 80's. Okay let me step down from the soapbox. (The Activities Director in me likes to have her way every now and again! - sorryyyyy!) signed, the overly anxious Rkerchic from New Jersey

Okay...

No cards made yet. I'll get to work. Anybody want to make a flyer?
    Rhonda
    ...It's what you WILL find...you WILL find...

Team Effort

Here's what I did 2 weeks ago.....

You know the Parade magazine that comes with your Sunday paper? On page two is the Question ask The editor section......

There should be a question that reads:

" I saw the promo trailer for a new TV show called "The Evidence". The theme song is great! Can you tell me who the artist is?

Dr. Roger

Thanks Doctor!

Wow! That's a great idea! Will do!

Cygnet--
    There's the flyer I made up from last time, for the show at The Vogue?
    It could be easily altered...it has the approved images of the band...it should still be on The Flow somewhere.

Kim
    Last edited by msmith1; 03-08-2006 at 07:49 PM.
    ~Dalai Lama

~Adam Savage

Just tell me what I gotta do, and I'll do it.

Here's the flyer I made for New York (Ed-approved)
    I think you can copy it to your word program and make the necessary changes.
    (If you know how to do that- I don't...yet...)

http://www.robleon.com/fixxflyer.pdf
    (Remember the idea for this flyer was to copy it onto bright-colored paper- I just bought a ream of bright yellow card stock for one of my kids' school projects knowing that the leftover would make great Fixx posters. Card stock isn't necessary for flyers of course!

Yes Kim, your flyer should work too. It's on here somewhere. I'll keep looking.

Thanks Cygnet!
    I may have to use your NY one, too--depends on my pocketbook when it gets closer to the St Louis date, and I've screaming lime paper to use...LOL!
    When you get the card design, let me know...I'll get some printed up, too.
    Kim
    ~Dalai Lama

~Adam Savage

Will do.

FIXXY CHIC T- SHIRTS????

Okay I keep seeing the "Bead -dazzler" is making a come back. You know the tool that puts studded jewels on any article of clothing. Kinda GlamRock but mayebe a Fixxy Chic shirt could be designed with one of these? Does anyone own one of these Gizmos? It would be fun to make one to see how it turns out.
    Any new shirts coming out for this tour?????? How about new baseball caps to cover my mangy mane?????

Re: FIXXY CHIC T- SHIRTS????

Originally posted by rkerchic
    Okay I keep seeing the "Bead -dazzler" is making a come back. You know the tool that puts studded jewels on any article of clothing. Kinda GlamRock but mayebe a Fixxy Chic shirt could be designed with one of these? Does anyone own one of these Gizmos? It would be fun to make one to see how it turns out.
    Any new shirts coming out for this tour?????? How about new baseball caps to cover my mangy mane?????
    hi rkerchic, I remember Bead-dazzler, but you don't really need to get the machine. You can go to a craft store and buy the mounts, the rhinestones and the tool. You put the mounts through the back pop the stones in the mounts and use the tool to scrunch the prongs around the stones. I did the back of a jacket once doing this, I made a rainbow sunset

First of all I would like to say welcome to the board mizfixx! It is a wonderful place to be with so many other creative minds and people with similar tastes in music! It looks like you have a creative side too! Thanks for the 411 on how to make the shirt minus the beaddazzler! You can be an asset to The Street Team. Many people on the Street Team seem to have an eye and skilled hands in making flyers and keepsakes for upcoming events. If you have any input keep it coming. We look forward to having you on board!
    Sincerely, Rkerchic

Dittos!

Welcome to the board and especially to the Street Team, Mizfixx!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast