Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: INXS

INXS

The Fixx are my fav band of all-time, but INXS are right up there....I'm sure many of you like them as well....just wanted to let you guys know that they will be touring the US with a 'guest vocalist' (Jon Stevens formerly of Noiseworks) starting May 30th...check out INXS.com for in depth details.

I would love to catch the Fixx in a show sometime soon, but this is a decent substitute....any other INXS fans up in here?
    MARK

INXS/KICK

Yea, I equate Inxs-Kick at about the same career changing landmark album as the FIXX/ Reach the Beach. I pratice drums to both albums. Peace.

BIG INXS fan here.

It's a hard pill for me to swallow, the loss of Michael. I know about INXS touring because they are coming to Reno. I will probably see them since you mentioned a good singer is now with them, but I know it won't be the same, can't be the same, and, in fact, will be weird without Hutchence.

Michael, I'm mad and sad you left us. All I can hope for was that, in some weird way, it was for the better; maybe your life was headed in a horrible direction, and this way out for you was a saving grace by some weird twist of fate.

All the same, I miss you.

I thought i saw i tour dates on pollstarfor INXS with Simple Minds... Do they(SM) also have a new one out? I have their cover tunes cd that came out recently... kinda neat but heavy on the drum machine stuff... boy do i miss Gaynor's thundering beats!

I believe the FIXX and INXS may be doing a show together. Pollstar shows the FIXX at Cascade Plaza in Akron (OH) on July 5th. INXS is scheduled for the Akron Rib & Music Fest the same day. I believe the Rib Fest is held at Cascade Plaza, but the line-up for the Rib Fest shows INXS but not the Fixx. So right now I'm a bit confused, but I'll keep checking.

Lori

Ribs, INXS, and The FIXX. Oh yeah!!!!

Now that's a triple header!
    First, I love ribs. We have a big rib cook-off here in Reno each year, and I totally gorge myself on ribs for 3 days straight. Usually I'm a healthy eater, but it all goes out the window on that September weekend.

Second, I love INXS; definitely one of my favorite bands, and I've kept up with them since Kick.

Third, last and of course not least, I'm a fixxture indeed.

Now, to have all 3 on the same day...I don't know if I could contain the pleasure....Lori, I hope you "treasure it."

Wink New Album by Simple Minds

hello diamond05,

since april 2nd the new cd "CRY" is in the shops in europe... i don't know if the album had a similar release in the states.

It's a fresh and nice one, much better than neonlights... also with a mixture of electronic dumming and Jim's young brother Mark on drums.

On the forthcomming tour Mel Gaynor will join the team again, beside 2 new members on keyboard and bass.

For more information go to www.simpleminds.com

Cheers, Nox (Germany)

Re: INXS

Originally posted by MrDepeche
    The Fixx are my fav band of all-time, but INXS are right up there......any other INXS fans up in here?
    The Fixx are definitely my all time fave as well. BUT I am also a fan of INXS. My friend Jen, who is also on the Forum as well, just won tix to see INXS @ POP's in June. Along w/the tix come 2 backstage passes for a private meet & greet w/the band before the show. So, once all of this goes down we will post some pix for you to see. Thank goodness, though, that we get to see our main boys 1st, the Fixx, on June 1st @ Pops !!! Hope to see a lot of Fixxtures there!

Thanx!
    Tracy

Smile INXS/FIXX

Finally something concrete regarding the July 5th Akron Rib Fest gig:

The Fixx - 7:00 to 8:30
    INXS - 9:00 to 10:30

This should be a great time!

Admission to the Rib Fest includes the entertainment.

Lori (Lynn)

ATTN: INXS Fans

I have some "free" INXS on tour bumper stickers promoting their summer tour. If anyone would like one just email or private message me with your address and I will send you one.
    Jen

Tour News

Hello everybody!

Just want to let you know that some friends and I recently saw INXS on the first part of their US tour and said they were awesome (you should see some of the reviews I read on inxs.com)!

The fans are saying that Jon Stevens was a great fit with the band. Of course, Michael can never be replaced, but my friends told me that the other guys from INXS are still rockin' and have lots of enthusiasm to play live.

The band played tons of old favorites and a few songs they hadn't played live in a long time. They also performed two new songs! The concert also had some great surprises, but you'll have to wait and see for yourself.

I found a place on-line that's having a contest to win a pair of tickets to any show you want! Check it out and enter: http://www.takeoutmarketing.com/cont...xs_contest.htm

the tour is currently moving East across the country after just having completed California, Nevada, Oregon and Arizona. inxs.com has all the US and Canada tour dates. It's exciting!

Angry let me tell ya!

Me, Jen & Dawn went to see INXS tonight & I have to say that they put on a great performance BUT! Let me tell ya! We had a meet & greet w/the boys after the concert & we have really come to appreciate our FIXX boys even more! INXS are not that friendly. Well, some of the guys were but Kirk & Andrew were very snotty! Jen & I even joined the Street Team & we told them that & those 2 laughed at us! They DO NOT appreciate ****! The rest were pretty cool. We did get some pix & will post soon. But I just wanted people to be aware of those 2. The show was awesome. Jon Stevens sounds sooooooooo much like Micheal. You will not be disappointed w/the concert. So go see them but do not expect much w/meeting them. I told this all to Gary & he even knew who was snotty to us & apologized.

Tracy

Thumbs up

OMG the INXS show was amazing! The new lead singer, Jon Stevens, rocks! If anyone on the east coast has a chance to catch these guys live in the next few weeks, I would highly recommend it. You will not be dissapointed.
    Jen

Talking wanted to share

What is up w/men not aging these days? Here are a few photos from the INXS show. More to come on Tuesday. They are having issues w/developing my pix, so these are from Jen's thoughtfulness!

This is Jon Farriss w/Jen & Dawn........
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Talking & another

Jen, Jon Stevens(the new singer) & me looking at who knows what!

I hope you guys like & there will be more......
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast