Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Yeah,,Chicago Show !!!

I wonder if they will draw as big of a crowd in lemont as they would in the city. Is anyone familiar with Stage 83?

Originally posted by musegirl
    The reappearance of Jeff Elbel! Dude! Good to see you back...
    Good to see you here as well, Lisa!

I'll probably never be able to be as active as I'd like on a message board, but I look forward to checking in whenever I can.

j

Originally posted by marathon
    hi, enob,

would you mind passing along contact info for the Stage 83 owner? i tried contacting Mike in Booking, and tried the direct line. no luck. i wanted to find out about some issues related to the show. i'm planning to cover it for a magazine i write for.

best,
    jeff_elbel@yahoo.com
    Sorry for taken so long to get back to you need to call the club after 7PM

If you haven't seen it already heres more info on the fest that the boys are scheduled to appear.

Whole Foods Market Flavor Fest

Date: August 26, 2006 - August 27, 2006
    Time: 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. both days
    Location: Jonquil Park (Wrightwood/Lincoln/Sheffield); Chicago

Ticket Web

The Stage 83 website has a link to buy tickets through Ticket Web, but when I tried that site to buy them, it said they weren't available. Anyone have luck? I'm assuming they aren't sold out, hate to make the drive if they are.

Lori

Re: Ticket Web

Originally posted by Lori
    I'm assuming they aren't sold out, hate to make the drive if they are.
    I was able to speak to Mike at Stage 83 briefly. They're definitely not sold out and expect to have lots of tickets at the door - which, of course, is not thrilling for anybody. He says the show is going to sound amazing; he's very proud of the work he's done on the club's PA, and plans to give a nice light show, too.

jeff

just got back from the club and there are plenty of tickets left, also the owner promised me that they would not turn anyone away....

See you tomorrow night

Re: Ticket Web

Lori,

I had no problems ordering 4 tickets (will call) using the TicketWeb site.

Originally posted by Lori
    The Stage 83 website has a link to buy tickets through Ticket Web, but when I tried that site to buy them, it said they weren't available. Anyone have luck? I'm assuming they aren't sold out, hate to make the drive if they are.

Lori

great show guys it was great seeing you again

How quickly the days go by
    Are you still looking forward
    How quickly it all goes by

Another great show, as always... my husband and I were there, but he's anti-social so we didn't really mingle with others!

How many people would you say were there... 75? Not a very big crowd at all, but I kind of like it that way!

(Somebody said that they saw Cy out in the parking lot earlier in the evening and supposedly he was upset at the venue.)

See you all in August!
    "... the nighttime falls around our bed, in peace we sleep entwined, and your love flows through me, though an ocean soothes my head, I burn for you..."

Yeah I thought the venue kind of sucked myself, though it's a little hard to complain when you can see the Fixx in such an intimate setting. I thought they seemed a little less spirited maybe, but they did put on a great show again, as always. I was so excited to hear How Much Is Enough and Chase the Fire. I don't think I've ever heard the former live, and not the latter for years. That 11pm-ish start time was a bit late for me though, since I'd been up since oh, 5am or so. I had to actually sit down at one of the tables, which is pretty unlike me-- although when you can take a seat at a back table and still be like, 10 feet away, that's not bad.

I saw Cy sitting in the car before the show, and would have liked to have said hello, but didn't think that pre-show would be an appropriate time to disturb him. After the show, though, I never saw him at all. That's a first - even when he's not felt well before, he's stayed to chat with folks. I wonder whether the zealous ("YOU'RE BETTER THAN THE BEATLES!!!!!") gentleman may have had something to do with it. I'm sure the guys have seen all sorts.

Rupert was there beforehand, and was not best pleased with the arrangements or the promoter. The provided gear he was using to supplement his own wasn't up to par, and indeed it went down during the set. It caused missed parts during a song early in the set, and I think the Yamaha was glitching during what, "Red Skies?" Rupert kept pretty darned cool regardless. He was very friendly to all his fans. Good old Jamie is so even-keeled and good natured, anything troubling seems to roll right off of him. It's valuable to have someone like that around when things don't seem to be going well.

The new PRS sounded nice, as it should have - it's top of the line. And really, Jamie's sound is processed heavily enough that any decent guitar should sound okay. But that old Strat has decades worth of character. Nice that it was there for us to look at, at least.

I brought along my copy of Talkabout and was able to ask Adam for his signature on it. Now, it's finally got all four of the guys' signatures. Gary actually signed it, too, when I brought the record to a Hollywood show a few years ago. I doubt I'll ever get to meet Dan Brown, and Mr. Tibbs is nobody's slouch, so I hardly begrudge it.

I was glad to see the band and hear the new songs. Loved hearing Chase the Fire. Hope they come back for another club show and get better treatment and promotion. Hopefully the Whole Foods Fest or whatever that is will provide an appreciative crowd, though I expect that may be more of a hits show for a general market crowd rather than a Fixxture crowd.

Fixxtures,

From my previous post, you all know I was in Chicago last weekend (I'm in Detroit now for a business meeting later in the week). Unfortunately I could not get to their show in addition to the one I already had planned. But early Friday evening I ran into Rupert at a local Guitar Center. My friend needed some stuff to get ready for his own show that night. So I at least had a small Fixx connection that day after all...

Sheryl

Originally posted by kitttie
    early Friday evening I ran into Rupert at a local Guitar Center.
    Hi, Sheryl,

At which Guitar Center did you find Rupert? He had told me about having to jump hoops in order to replace his dongle (hardware key) for Logic Audio. It had sounded like they sent him all the way downtown, rather than to Downer's Grove or Aurora/Naperville [there's a GC in one or the other]. Either of those locations would have been a lot closer to Lemont.

Originally posted by marathon
    Hi, Sheryl,

At which Guitar Center did you find Rupert? He had told me about having to jump hoops in order to replace his dongle (hardware key) for Logic Audio. It had sounded like they sent him all the way downtown, rather than to Downer's Grove or Aurora/Naperville [there's a GC in one or the other]. Either of those locations would have been a lot closer to Lemont.

I'm not exactly sure what part of town we were in. However, my hotel was in Lincoln Park, and the store was not far from there. Does that help?

Sheryl

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast