Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Yeah,,Chicago Show !!!

sounds good re: August. see you there. you know what i look like from the back, anyhow. i got a nice photo with Jamie (well, Jamie looks good, anyhow), maybe i'll post that so your wife will know who to blame. give her my best.

I think it's a little funny that we all probably stood up front or thereabouts and then ran home and conversed about it here. I was afraid to lambaste the shrieking dude, lest he show up here and get too angry. There were a couple shrieking dudes, actually.

That IS funny, hazelnut... I was thinking the same thing! We could have all just talked to each other there at the show

However, I'm kind of a shy person (before I get to know people) so I'm definitely not going to start up a conversation with random people at a club, especially when I can't tell if they are actually there to see the Fixx too - they could be fans of the opening act(s)... or maybe they're just there having a drink. Plus my anti-social hubby was there with me and he's even worse than I am!

We Fixxtures need to devise a secret hand signal or something for these situations!!!
    "... the nighttime falls around our bed, in peace we sleep entwined, and your love flows through me, though an ocean soothes my head, I burn for you..."

there are plenty of rude hand signals we could co-opt and gentrify.

hee hee... yes, there are... like for the drunk guy in the front row...

... but I meant more for fellow forum posters - to let us know if we were in the presence of a (normal) Fixx fan and not just a casual observer... to kind of serve as an icebreaker...
    "... the nighttime falls around our bed, in peace we sleep entwined, and your love flows through me, though an ocean soothes my head, I burn for you..."

a few years ago, the Fixxture shirts served this purpose.

Originally posted by marathon
    a few years ago, the Fixxture shirts served this purpose.
    Ah, the Fixxture shirts. It actually worked well for people on the Fixx e'mail list to identify each other. As a matter of fact, I just met Wray Miller in St. Louis because he had one on. I went up to him and said something like "Dude, I need to meet you because I know where you got that shirt" or something like that. I'm glad I met Wray and his gal. Great people. I DO wish I had more time to talk to them though.

Sadly, my shirt doesn' fit me anymore. I should have kept an XL.

How about we all wear Cy masks?
    Do those shirts still exist?

Boo! ... but I understand. I'm sure this is another thread already, but I just saw the myspace announcement. No Chicago show in August.

My reply at myspace:

Yeah, good news/bad news/good news ... I was eager to see the Fixx return to Chicago for a great show in late August, after the rough job placed before the boys in Lemont, IL. But the reasons above are the best ones possible. Hope to see the band rejuvenated soon, and with a pile of new material to play!

What? I'm so confused.

okay I found it now. That sucks. And I had no idea about that myspace page. I had thought myspace was for kids. I am so out of it.

Wow like you say that's bad and good news but let's all plan to get together the next time they are either in or around the Chi-town area...
    Marathon whats your myspace id? I will send you a friend request?

hi, enob - it's jeff_elbel

i'll watch for you there - pals forever!

haha nick37 here

Did anyone notice notice that the Aug 27 World Foods gig in chicago is back on the schedule??
    Is this back on?

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/flavorfest/music.html

Finally this site is up and running... and the Fixx's performance is listed to start at 6:30 pm on Sunday, August 27. I guess it wasn't cancelled, then, after all?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast