Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cy & Jamie on The Jimmy Kimmel Show 6-27-2006

KUDOS 2 ED

Thanks, Ed for your hard work and promotion efforts, leading to this Jimmy Kimmel gig. You ARE da man !!

D. R.

B side the C side in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, UK
    Anyone be able to burn a copy of this for the folks here in the UK. Will happily cover all costs involved.
    Stuart at the Welsh Connection

OKay... Not being a TV watcher..and I have NO idea who Jimmy Kimmel is ....... IS Jimmy Kimmel a national show... or just a California Show?????

Just wondering?????
    You pass like the moon in silence
    In the warm flooded air
    Looking back to those lost opportunities
    So often missed or ignored
    A thousand times I start heading for the dawn
    Only to turn around and face this rue once more
    There 's something ahead of you
    Cy Curnin

Don't die, with your music still inside of you.

Hey Jeanne....
    Kimmel is one of those national late night talk shows like Conan O'Brien, Jay Leno, and David Letterman. But then again it really doesn't matter WHAT kind of show it is, does it? It could be a program that shows in real time how paint dries, and we'll all be watching!!!!!!!!!
    I just sent out two dozen emails to folks telling them to watch, and forwarding them to this forum to see the excitment brewing!
    "Please take part to find your soul...read between the lines. Please take part and play your role....read between the lines"

"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam, circum spice"
    WOO HOO!!

I thought this was just a west coast show...I can't tell you how excited to find out it's national (can you tell we're not late night talk show watchers???)!!

You can be sure we'll be setting up to record it!

CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Originally posted by STUART
    Anyone be able to burn a copy of this for the folks here in the UK. Will happily cover all costs involved.
    Likewise for me! Unless someone can capture it on their pc, and post it on youtube.com, or somewhere similiar?
    From the point of ignition
    to the final drive
    the point of the journey
    is not to arrive
    anything can happen

youtube has a 100mb size limit. A show like that would be closer to 2g

compression would lessen the quality

someone is gonna have to record this and make copies for our overseas friends.

all I have is a crappy vcr
    ~Bathe In A Turning Tide~

Pippi - VCR is just as good, UK video recorders usually handle both American NTSC signals and European Pal formats. I have the equipment to put onto DVD and / or convert formats if anyone has a problem playing it.
    If you wouldn't mind Pippi, we'd be most obliged and will cover all postage costs and of course, return the tape to you along with a copy of the DVD burned from it.

I could surely do that for you. But, my cable is sometimes crappy - sometimes crystal clear - so I cannot guarantee quality. It should be fine though, for some reason it seems worse during the day and better at night. (?????)

Cheers Pippi, let me know when it's been recorded and I'll Paypal the cash to you or send some dollars cash when I return the tape to cover the costs.

"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam, circum spice"
    Pippi, if your recording doesn't turn out, please let me know. I have my vcr all set to record the show, and am willing to make copies for anyone who can't catch it. I wanted to offer sooner, but didn't realize our vhs would play in the UK, and altho I'd lOVE to have one, I don't have a dvr.

Happy watching to all!
    TatGirl

Hi TatGirl, just clarifying that most UK video players nowadays play both formats, it's just ones older than 10 years that would be unlikely to do so.
    Many thanks for being able to tape it and I'm sure that between us we'll get it all saved to DVD for posterity.

I have DVR software on my PC that allows me to record to my hard drive. I wasn't planning to do that, however, because the picture quality from our cable TV provider sucks. (We don't have digital TV.) I think I'll just take some snapshots from the show to share with you all later.

Yes, Tatgirl - you should record it too. When I got up this morning, my cable was out altogether. ABC is coming in - but not very well. We have very old cable up here and we have a lot of issues with it. But, my cable is covered in my rent - so I try not to complain about the aged wiring. I own a satellite dish, but I hooked it up at my daughter's house - I felt that the little ones needed it more than I.

This show is gonna kick ass!!! I checked my digital cable programming and when I checked the info on this show, it names all the guests and then at the end it said......"The Fixx perform". So I'm hoping they will not only jam, but play a favorite for the Kimmel audience, and all of us, to dance to. I can't wait!!! 3 days and counting.......

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast