Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cy & Jamie on The Jimmy Kimmel Show 6-27-2006

So, who all is going to Jimmy Kimmel?

I'll be there, oh, and I have an extra ticket as Clive3 has pussed out.
    Anyone needing a ticket can have my extra one.

"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam, circum spice"
    Let's see, Steve...when's the next plane out??? J/K...but man do I wish I could take advantage of that offer!

It's great of you to offer your extra ticket...congrats to anyone who CAN make it!

But I will be recording the show at least, so I"m happy with that, cuz I thought it was a west coast show...can't say how happy I was to hear it's national!

My cable is back on but ABC had a little bit of funny lines last I checked so please record it TatGirl and if mine isn't up to par we can use your recording to send to our friends far away. A nice clear recording would be so sweet on dvd.
    ~Bathe In A Turning Tide~

Originally posted by miked26
    I checked the info on this show, it names all the guests and then at the end it said......"The Fixx perform". So I'm hoping they will not only jam, but play a favorite for the Kimmel audience
    As we stated, Jimmy Kimmel and his house band leader Cleto were so very excited to schedule in The Fixx that they wanted the entire evening. So they invited Cy & Jamie to sit in with the house band. This means that we will hear four or more Fixx songs throughout the entire show, as well as other fun things that they come up with!
    And yes, Jimmy Kimmel is on the ABC Network. The two rivals are Leno (NBC) and Letterman (CBS). Kimmel is more celebrated for the outstanding, contemporary musical guests. Their very first show featured Coldplay. Just last week they had Wolfmother.

and I just noticed that Kimmel put us in their top 8 friends on their MySpace!
    Last edited by thefixxdotcom; 06-26-2006 at 11:40 AM.

WOW

WOW ED !!

Can't WAIT to see JK show ! THANKS SO MUCH FOR DOING THIS PROMO FOR OUR FAVORITE BAND !! You are truly dasheetmon!

FYI, The promotions here for the Santa Cruz show are off the hook! It's ALL OVER the radio and even in today's San Jose Mercury News in Events section. I even heard it in SPANISH here on the radio.....

Maybe the worm is turning, maybe the Fixx will finally get the credit and recognition they so richly deserve. We all know that you are instrumental and paramount in securing these deals and shows. Can't wait to buy you a drink Sir Ed !!

Thanks again, and I'll be looking for your smiling face on TV !

Dr. Roger

STILL stuck in the water slide at the Vegas Hard Rock pool...
    I'll have a houseguest for part of this week, so will be busy. And am never up that late anyway, so I'll likely not be watching along with the rest of you. The DVR is set, though...
    web site | blog | photos | Twitter (primary)
    ----
    "And the Vino di Vici will flow like a river in spring,
    Now the fix(x), the fix(x) is in." - Elbow

Looking forward to seeing this in High Definition on ABC.

An up front congrats to the band for reemerging on the small screen.
    BM
    I've been lurking...

Those who are going tonight...please clap extra loud for those of us who are there in spirit, watching from home!

I can't wait to see this!

Smile Steve and Ed and Fixxtures

Hello Steve and Ed,

I will be there with my brother from Canada. I hope to see you two at the show.

Fixxation

Originally posted by musegirl
    Those who are going tonight...please clap extra loud for those of us who are there in spirit, watching from home!

I can't wait to see this!
    Me too! And it should be a lot of us from home - I paged, emailed, and called all the fans I know. This should be one of Jimmy's highest rated shows!

"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam, circum spice"
    I CAN'T WAIT
    I CAN'T WAIT
    I CAN'T WAIT ....

WOO HOOOOOO!!

Cheers to our Fab Five!!

FROM ALL OF US!!

Explain the cosmic forces to me.....

Looking forward to seeing all the fans on the show! I think Fixxtures are a special breed, and rightfully so.
    I am the winner in any event.

Jimmy Kimmel Appearance

Just flipping channels and stumbled on The Fixx playing on Jimmy Kimmel. It seemed that they were playing on the lead in and out of commercials. Sad for me as I am a huge fan and have been since the Shuttered Room album. Haven't seen them play since around 98 or 99 here in Toronto. Good to see them in any capacity though. Nice work.

WELCOME satori3000!!!!!!!!
    So glad Kimmel could rope in fans like you!
    Our hats off to ED who coordnated the whole thing.
    Cy and Jamie did a spectacular job...be sure to catch them at an upcoming show. We'll all be looking for you!

PS- I sure hope Cy and Jamie got an autograph from the 98 year old high school graduate!
    "Please take part to find your soul...read between the lines. Please take part and play your role....read between the lines"

It must have been much better for those in the audience. You couldn't catch much on TV because Cy and Jamie were doing Fixx songs during commercial breaks. They played their most popular old songs and also "Remember Me When I'm Gone", which will appear on their forthcoming album.

Cy's word of the day: formaldehyde. When Jimmy asked how they still look so young, that was his answer.

The 98 year old high school student was delightful. Jimmy asked her if she drank. Her reply was that she has one glass of wine a day. It was her father's orders:

"Drink wine. It's the blood of Jesus. If you drink water, it makes you rusty inside."
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by dejapete; 06-28-2006 at 01:35 AM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast