Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Cy & Jamie on The Jimmy Kimmel Show 6-27-2006

Thumbs up YAY JIMMY KIMMEL!

I think the post from Fixxdotcom says it perfectly. We need to be realistic here folks. Yes, we all know that in a perfect world the fixx would be at the top of every program director's list and every talk show host would have them on once a season. But the fact of the matter is, several national shows in the year 2006 would pass on an act like the FIXX, regardless of how talented they are.

So we can get upset when we feel the band is unfairly represented on tv, but this was INCREDIBLE/AMAZING/GREAT exposure for the band considering the reality of the situation in the year 2006. It was the FIXX's decision to go on the show, a decision they stand behind, according to fixxdotcom's post. We can secretly hope for even MORE airtime for the band, but if we keep a REALISTIC perspective we can see that this was GREAT exposure for them... exposure THEY wanted.

I say thank you to Jimmy Kimmel and thank you to the Fixx. Onwards and Upwards! Better things to come!!!!

-Glenn (Cousin O)

"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam, circum spice"
    It's funny, I was just wondering this morning what the band's take on the show was...so I'm glad to hear aout that from Ed.

We are human, and we do lose perspective on the whole picture sometimes in the fogs that are our own little worlds, in our fous on our own little opinions.

So though the show itself did not run to my tastes, I am taking and keeping a firm positive stance on Cy & Jamie's appearance...which I thought from the beginning was the best part, and the only reason I recorded it.

Ed, we don't see the behind-the-scenes goings-on, so of course we're going to comment on what we DO see...THANK YOU SO MUCH for your perspective and explaining things so that we CAN understand the whole thing!!

Hoping to make the Bowling Green show in Sept!!!!

TatGirl
    Explain the cosmic forces to me.....

Once again, You have put everything into perspective with that cool and calm nature of yours.....

THANK YOU... and I agree.. you are the coolest.. and we appriciate everything you do and everything you are.......

WHO LOVES YA, BABY!!!!

WE ALL DO!!!!!!!!!!

You pass like the moon in silence
    In the warm flooded air
    Looking back to those lost opportunities
    So often missed or ignored
    A thousand times I start heading for the dawn
    Only to turn around and face this rue once more
    There 's something ahead of you
    Cy Curnin

Don't die, with your music still inside of you.

Once again, just wanted to say again......Thanks!!!!..... to Ed for getting them the national exposure they deserve and thanks to the webmaster for clearing up any questions about the whole experience. Bottom line, this was a very positive showing for the guys and I hope it leads to another possible future performance for one of the other late night shows. I agree with most of you that The Fixx would be a perfect fit for Conan's show, but let's not think ahead without thanking the original late night host, Jimmy Kimmel, for bringing them in. Jimmy did a great job in plugging there cd, dvd, and upcoming show. It also sounds like Cleo and his band were very excited to have them sit in with them. So I think everyone on this board should go to the website and give a huge thanks to the show for having our guys in attendance. And if they are gonna rerun this show next week, that's even more great news. That's Great!!!!

miike 26

Do you realize that Ed, and the webmaster that you thanked are both ED the same person!

LOL!

"There can be no tradition without innovation."
    - Earle Hitchner, Irish music journalist

I have an extra VHS tape for someone to have, if you would like to see it.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678