Thread: Question for Jeff

Question for Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I am pretty new to the message board.

I have two dumb questions for you.....

How do I write in color? (examples used in "The end is the beginning song title" posted in the Outside section).
    Also, How can I put a picture under my name?

Thanks Jeff,

Rockfish
    "It's all dog eat dog, we're all dressed for show."

Hi Rockfish. Jeff will no doubt respond when he can, but I know he's been really busy lately. Perhaps I could jump in and have a go.

First, the picture under your name is called an Avatar. To upload a picture, click the User CP button on the top menu. It's the one on the far left. Once you are in your Control Panel, choose the Edit Options. At the bottom of the Edit Options page, there's an area called Avatars. Click there and you will be taken to the Avatars area, where you can upload an image from your computer to be your Avatar. The image must be 100 X 100 pixels or 55,000 bytes, whichever is smaller. The first time I did it, I had to tweak my photo size a little to get it small enough.

Colored text. First, think about what text you want to be in color. Type as you normally would until you get to a word you want to type in color. Then, look at the section above where you type the text alled VB Code. You'll see some drop downs for size, font and color. Choose the color drop down and pick a color. A new prompt will open and instruct you to type the text inside that you want to be in that color. Right now, I'm choosing orange. I typed the word orange in and hit enter. It put the html code in for orange type. After that, I returned to typing normal text after it.

I hope I may have helped some.

Lisa

Lisa's pretty much nailed it! Thanks Lisa!

One thing to add: in some browsers, you might not see the "vB Code" section with all the Color, Size, Font options.

If that happens in your browser, you can hand manipulate these things. Please read here for how.

jeff

Thanks Lisa and Jeff!
    "It's all dog eat dog, we're all dressed for show."