Thread: Butler, PA

Butler, PA

So, who's going to "dry town"? Yes, that's right, there is no alcohol sold at the show, or allowed on campus. I can honestly say I've never been to any concert in my life where alcoholic drinks weren't served, let alone on a college campus, but this is a Fixx concert, and their music is the reason we go.

Anyways, we've been told about a couple places nearby where we'll probably have a drink or 2 before the show. I'll post where we're going to be in the next few days if anyone should want to announce themselves, and have a drink with us before the show.

Tom & Michelle

I still can't find any mention of the Fixx concert on Succop theater's website despite all sorts of info for other upcoming concerts in July and August. I emailed them about it once to let them know but did not receive a reply. And now it is only ten days away. Just another example of the venue dropping the ball on promotion. The band deserves better than to play to a dozen people. It's just so not worth their trouble and efforts to get there for so paltry a turnout. I hope that is not the case, but with this kind of anemic local venue promotion it could happen. The Ithaca show had about 2 dozen people and another dozen barstaff. Did the same thing happen there? How can we as fans long-distance improve publicity so the band can play to a big crowd as they deserve?

Here is the Succop link below:

http://www.bc3.edu/culturalctr/index.htm

Gee I just had a thought. Cy will have to perform without his glass of wine if Butler, PA is a dry town. Wonder what beverage he'll go for instead. Cranberry juice? If indeed that is cranberry juice.

I'm sure most of you know, but Butler has been cancelled.

Already had tickets. Hopefully they'll refund.