Thread: What happened to Jenkinson's tonight? (7/24/06)

What happened to Jenkinson's tonight? (7/24/06)

I was so looking forward to seeing The Fixx for the first time in about 20 years... how disappointing.

Does anyone know why they cancelled?

...and (ugh) they booked Missing Persons instead. :-(

...I would rather have a sharp stick in the eye.

there have been a few scheduling conflicts.... DON'T GIVE UP!! They are worth the wait!!

WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!!!!

Jeanne
    You pass like the moon in silence
    In the warm flooded air
    Looking back to those lost opportunities
    So often missed or ignored
    A thousand times I start heading for the dawn
    Only to turn around and face this rue once more
    There 's something ahead of you
    Cy Curnin

Don't die, with your music still inside of you.

Vincef -
    I too was looking forward to going tonite. I think I read something about the guys needing to go to the recording studio. They will be back in New York City in November on the 21st at the Beacon. Perhaps we could look forward to that date and maybe meeting another Fixx fan? - Rockerchic in Jersey

Smile Beacon

Jeanne - thanks for the nice welcome!

rockerchic,

I saw that they're due to be at the Beacon in Nov... no tickets listed as available yet, though.

Jenkinson's would have been great - small place, 20-25 mins away (I'm in Red Bank), Monday night (ie: small crowd)... Oh well.

Meeting for the Beacon show might be fun - a new experience for me. ;-)

You're not crazy or anything, right?

;-) ;-) ;-)

Hello Vincef -
    Lol! No I am not crazy! Or at least certifiable! lol! Just a woman who refuses to grow up! You can hear from some of the witnesses on the board who have met me at some of the concerts. Allicat, Doctor Roger, Ducatiman, Cousin - O, and Cygnet. Most of them from California and New York, and we met at the last NYC show. We all had a great time.
    I am so happy to hear you are from New Jersey as well! It is about time we get more East Coasters here especially from our lovely Garden State! As you probably already seen, I am from Union, New Jersey and lived here and in Fanwood, New Jersey all my life!
    I am 37 years old, married and a mother of 2 lil' ones. I love music from the 80's and especially The Fixx! The people on this board are all fun-loving people that are united by this love for The Fixx. You will see most people here tend to have a lot in common so many different topics have been posted on this site, The Webmaster is a special guy to let us do our thing here! Please feel welcomed and don't be afraid to write and or meet fellow Fixxtures here or at the shows!
    Sincerely, Sherri a.k.a. Rockerchic

Fixx Cancelled Point Pleasant,NJ Show

Hey Everybody, The Fixx cancelled their tour (temporarily) I beleive cause of an injury. The bass player or the guitarist fell off the stage at a show. This info is from the guitarist from Missing Persons Monday night, he said it happened about a week ago.
    I was also looking forward to the show, although i've seen them before, back in the 80's and a couple of times recently, once at The Troc in Philly and once at the Starland Ballroom in Sayreville,NJ.
    In the 80's they opened for The Moody Blues, I personally thought they were better then the Moody Blues. I was fresh out of High School in the late 80's.

Mike
    Mikey Anthony

Hello Mike and welcome to the board! Starland Ballroom? I was there too last March 05' ( I believe was the date) in the bad weather - right? Damn it I missed out on meeting a fellow Fixxture! Maybe next time? So are you from New Jersey too? Don't forget The Fixx is supposed to be at The Beacon, NYC on November 21st which is a Tuesday. I am not sure when the tickets are going on sale though.
    The bassist or guitarist from The Fixx fell off the stage? I hope that is incorrect! Would not want to see any of them hurt! Any of our Legend Fixx Fans know about this? I am sure one of the fellow board memebers here must have been at that concert - anyone????

Hello Sherri,
    I just remembered that I saw the Fixx at the (then called) Chestnut Caberet in Philadelphia and also met them, Cy was cool but was a little annoyed by my drunk friend who kept trying to present him with songs that he wrote.
    We were around 20 years old or so, i'm guessing.
    I'm from Philadelphia,Pa/Bucks County area. Are you familiar ?
    I don't remember it raining at the Starland show, I'm sure it did, I just don't remember, I got there late; just before they went on - I showed up.
    I do remeber it wasn't that crowded, I was a little surprised by that.
    I don't think i'll be going to the NY show at the Beacon, but you never know, I'm just not that big on NY, It's too much of a headache for me.
    I've been there plenty of times and it just doesn't do anything for me. Although I do like the Beacon. So i'm not ruling it out.
    Are they playing with anybody else at that show? It's probably going to be booked as an 80's theme.
    Mike
    Mikey Anthony

Hi Mike - great to hear from you. Yes I am familiar with Pennsylvania. I sometimes stay in Bucks County. I love to got to New Hope and Peddler's Village (Lahaska). Just was there last Tuesday for the day. Sadly, my favorite shops were damaged by the flooding. I have done a lot of camping in the deeper woods of Pennsylvania. Been to a few Bed and Breakfasts there too! I guess you can say I Love Pennsylvania! My hubby wants to move South some day and I say we go to PA! I guess that is when we will part our separate ways - lol!
    I hear ya' about New York City. I only travel there by train but haven't been going in much. I only go for big concerts these days. Too many weird things go on in the subways and I rather keep myself out of harms way. I am not sure who will be opening for The Fixx at The Beacon. If I hear anything I will let you know.
    Take Care! - Sherri