Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Economic T-Shirt idea

Originally posted by Diamond05
    MAybe embroidered shirts- send them the .eps file and you have something nicer and longer lasting than a generic one color tee...

my friend does all our race team stuff for a good price....

here's a quick shot from my phone...

the fronts of our pullover jackets (meltdown logo that i made)

and the back of the jacket's top neck area is the new trendy cool place to put logos..

*Except Northface- thye have been putting there logo on the back offset to the right side shoulder area...
    We would love to do a sweatshirt with embroidery. It's just expensive, that's all. Give me your friend's email address. It would be good to find out what he's capable of.

Cygnet (PM me)
    ...and thanks!
    ...It's what you WILL find...you WILL find...

Cygnet,
    Thanks for the encouragement/compliment.
    I do think there are some gaps in the current product line for The Fixx, just trying to drum up ideas as to how to fill them in.

I noticed at the site I mentioned above, that they actually do make umbrellas, drink coozies and lots of other stuff that they custom print logos on. Not sure how a black umbrella with "The Fixx" in large yellow font would do with sales, but sometimes you gotta "test market" small quantities in various locations, just to see if it's a hit.

The white T-Shirt: I think we all agree it's not the best color, and would have to be a high quality shirt to justify it, but I think there may be a market for those. Heck, maybe just to have them as cheap backup copies if other stuff sells out. I think Doc's orange T or other colors could be done up as a test also, but I'm not in the decision making loop, just brainstorming (without an umbrella).

BM
    Last edited by Beached Male; 08-19-2006 at 10:23 PM.
    I've been lurking...

"...brainstorming without an umbrella"

That's such a cool comment. Did you make that up Ed?

You know, I have mixed feelings truthfully about marketing products for The Fixx. He may not see himself as such, but I see Cy as a teacher... a spiritual messenger (I know, that sounds crazy...but Don't we love The Fixx because of the truth in their lyrics? "How much is enough?" "Buy, buy, buy...material"; "when we face the facts, then we'll see it's greed"

The band's messages are what I want to share, personally. Selling a whole lot of junk that says THE FIXX, just because we know people will buy it, goes against what The Fixx stands for, in my opinion.

Of course we can dream all we want...or not; but what it really comes down to is money. Someone has to invest in the products, and the band members are focused on writing songs and touring... not on how to make a killing off their fans.

Ed knows we lovers of the band want FIXXSTUFF and he's been working hard to get the online store going. We're lucky to have what we have. I'm just sharing my thoughts as they travel thru my brain filter...there will always be two different views. I see both sides and wonder which side I'm on. Since I'm a consumer anyway, I'd rather be consuming FIXX stuff than not; but really, I wish I WASN'T a consumer. What is it with us always buying more stuff that we don't need? It helps the economy... and it gives us a quick FIX...okay. What are we living for?

(It being Sunday and me not going to church, I guess my psychi (sp?) decided I needed to be preached to.)

Anybody out there with similar problems?
    Rhonda

Re: You guys....

We don't carry umbrellas, especially for brain storms! - thefixxdotcom
    Cygnet, I have to give credit to thefixxdotcom (Ed?) for the original theme of the brainstorm/umbrella joke.

As for material sales vs. band's theme, not sure if I would call it a conflict. Even minimalists need to eat and pay the rent.
    BM
    I've been lurking...

Originally posted by Cygnet

The band's messages are what I want to share, personally. Selling a whole lot of junk that says THE FIXX, just because we know people will buy it, goes against what The Fixx stands for, in my opinion.

Ed knows we lovers of the band want FIXXSTUFF and he's been working hard to get the online store going. We're lucky to have what we have. I'm just sharing my thoughts as they travel thru my brain filter...there will always be two different views. I see both sides and wonder which side I'm on. Since I'm a consumer anyway, I'd rather be consuming FIXX stuff than not; but really, I wish I WASN'T a consumer. What is it with us always buying more stuff that we don't need? It helps the economy... and it gives us a quick FIX...okay. What are we living for?

Anybody out there with similar problems?
    Rhonda
    Great words, Cygnet! I see you on this one. The music, the message, is enough for me.
    I am the winner in any event.

Deep...

Hi Cygnet,

That was very DEEP. Your passion is admirable and a breath of fresh air.
    Maybe, Someday, we'll all agree about the merch and the role it plays. Personally, I feel like it is not the responsibility of the band to hawk merch, similar to (my opinion) the "separation" a respected band should be afforded on and off the stage. It's not "good luck" to peek from behind the curtain before they take the stage.

Keeping musicians focused on the show and fan interaction takes the priority role. The merch helps to offset petty cash costs, and should remain a business function, not connected with the music or the show itself. This is why it has been a success, because passionate, caring people give of their time and investments to provide and sell the merch for the rest of us. I, for one, am very glad that there are items to buy as keepsakes and gifts. I would hate to see any of the band guys actually asking anyone to buy anything.

So if it's white, orange, tan, or fuscia, I'll still love all the merch that sits on the table, and I'll always try to do my small part in helping to sell it, and to help TM Ira and Ed with anything I can do to help, just like most of you reading this. What great fun it is to anticipate both the shows and seeing each other soon ! Again, these are just my opinions, don't shoot the messenger!

Love All,

Dr. Roger

I have to agree 100% with all that Cygnet said.....

I think the band, the music basically "sells itself" ...... and the rest is just a bunch of "fluff" ... I hate to tell you what " REALLY " happened to my
    'REACH the BEACH" shirt for fear that I will be "xx communicated".....

but it was not a pretty ending...
    You pass like the moon in silence
    In the warm flooded air
    Looking back to those lost opportunities
    So often missed or ignored
    A thousand times I start heading for the dawn
    Only to turn around and face this rue once more
    There 's something ahead of you
    Cy Curnin

Don't die, with your music still inside of you.

ROFL!!!!! I love you Jeanne - no matter what happened.
    ~Bathe In A Turning Tide~

I wish we could still get Reach The Beach and Phantoms shirts!

I have a Reach The Beach TShirt that I purchased off of Ebay a few years back.

ROFL!!!!! I love you Jeanne - no matter what happened.

THANKS Pippi,.....Love you too,my sister friend...
    MAAAAAAA........ "X"( Big dating game kiss at ya and hug....

sure wish I was meeting up with you, Cygnet and some of the gang in VEGAS.... have to admit ... I am lamenting a bit about Good OL' times..SIGH.... OR is that?????? HA! LOL!! Private joke ... ..

But I know you will have a blast ..It will not be the same with Out Gallagher ... HA!! LOL!!! ......and I expect a cell phone call , so I can Feel like I am there....

HAVE FUN... I will be thinking of ya all....
    Jeanne
    In the warm flooded air
    Cy Curnin

Originally posted by pippi617
    I have a Reach The Beach TShirt that I purchased off of Ebay a few years back.
    Cool! I should watch for stuff like that.

please don't bring up Gallagher, I am still trying to live that down................

Originally posted by pippi617
    please don't bring up Gallagher, I am still trying to live that down................

YOU and ME BOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    In the warm flooded air
    Cy Curnin

Black T-Shirt idea

I will attempt to move beyond Gallagher...!

Inserting picture of a draft picture for a potential Black T-Shirt.
    My idea was, how to keep it simple, yet functionable for the sales table.
    I keep hearing about Black T-Shirts being the most popular.
    The fat white ring could get signed by the band.
    Thoughts?
    Remember-
    1. Font could be changed/better.
    2. Zero outline could be fatter/wider (also to allow more signature space)
    BM
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I've been lurking...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast