Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Las Vegas Show

The Las Vegas Show

Dear Fixxtures,

Although trying not to "brag" about the fantastic show and weekend we enjoyed at the Vegas Hard Rock show, a few notable happennings:

( PLEASE ADD YOUR REVIEWS, ESPECIALLY MUSE GIRL !! )

We met and hung out with PAT TRAVERS and his wife MONICA. They are big fans of the Fixx!! They were at the concert, and I "gave them props" in my own special way during my announcing stint. I asked the crowd to finish this line:

"When I get her in my sights, boom boom, what is it... " and the WHOLE crowd responded with OUT GO THE LIGHTS !! Then I said a special welcome to Fixx fans Pat and Monica Travers, the crowd LOVED it !! Mr. and Mrs. Travers loved it as well.

Also, there was a special private party called "Boxers and Bustiers" (sp?)
    where the men were required to wear only boxers, and the ladies only bustiers. This party was going on DURING the show! I had lots of fun joking about that and addressing that party during my announcing! I retain NO responsibility for the pictures that may be seen later!

There was a show by Cheap Trick the night before our show. I saw only the first 4-5 songs then left, I wasn't impressed, but others will provide a more accurate review of that show.

That's about all I want to say about the weekend without seeming too impressed, which I WAS. Vegas is so much fun, especially if you win a few dollars gambling! Special thanks to our VIP host Richard Frederick, and to the manager, Lou Carrier.

See You Soon, Please add your comments,

Much Love and Fondest memories, a Still smiling

Dr. Roger

Ahhhhh, ok! So that was you!

Lol. I think most of ya'll were definitely on the right-hand side of the audience...weren't ya, weren't ya? (and all us introverts were...uhhhh... in the back, still thorougly enjoying ourselves).

yeah...and i was wondering what was up with the chick with just the top...thx for 'splaining.

That was US

Yes, that was US, the Fixxture contingent, on the right and the center. Thanks for posting, don't be so shy next time !!

Dr. Roger

I was at the Cheap Trick show as well. I have to say that they just don't sound like they used to. Take The Fixx for example, Red Skies, One Thing, Saved, etc, they all sound like the Fixx even today. When Cheap Trick did their older stuff like I Want You To Want Me or Surrender, they sounded like some rock band doing a Cheap Trick tune. Ok, The Flame sounded like Cheap Trick, but I think you get what I'm trying to say. I still enjoyed the show though. Highlight for me was during the show I get a text message from Musegirl saying "I'm standing in front of Tom Peterson, Surprise!". I had no idea that Musergirl and her hubby Mike were coming. I hadn't seen them since 2000 or so. A very nice surprise.

The Fixx at the pool, what can I say, it was awesome. If I hadn't just had surgery on my toe, I would have been in the water for at least part of the show. Roger did a splendid job, as usual, getting the crowd fired up for the Fixx and plugging the merchandise booth.

Naturally, the show was awesome and the crowd was groovin' to it.
    There was a HUGE amount of Fans from the board there. At least a dozen or more.

Cy wore this awesome new shirt that I haven't seen him in before. I think you ladies will dig his look as the photos start to surface. Jamie played his new PRS for much of the show but broke a string toward the end at which time he picked up a Gibson Les Paul that belonged to a member of the crew at the Hard Rock. Jamie did a ripping solo during The Fool. Sounded like Jimmy Page was standing before us. Perhaps a photo of Jamie with the Les Paul will surface as well.

'nuff said for now. Would love to hear others chime in that were there.

I've got to pack and drive home now as we're still in Vegas.
    bye now

Originally posted by Steve Pariseau
    IPerhaps a photo of Jamie with the Les Paul will surface as well.
    /so regrets not bringing her Nikon D70....

what was i thinking?!

I took so many pictures that it will take days to go through them all. I have a few nice ones though. I was very impressed with The Hard Rock and their wonderful treatment of all of us. They seem to have a great staff there. And the pool..................wow!!! We won't talk about the waterslide experience.

The show, of course, was amazing. A very enthusiastic crowd. An INCREDIBLE band!! And I got to meet some fixxtures that I had not yet met. Including Musegirl, Mich112670, and RoboCoaster. Even pipsqueak made am appearance. AND Pat Travers - woo hoo!

As always, a wonderful time. Great to see ALL of my fixxture buddies - and my favourite band. And, did I win the award for eating the most food at the sushi buffet? mmmmmm Todai!!
    ~Bathe In A Turning Tide~

So sorry I couldn't be there...

Sheryl

What at rockin' weekend......a FAB show in Vegas.....then we flew to Chicago to see them the next night for another stellar performance......hubby and I are exhausted.....HOW does the band do it?
    Both shows incredible....can't wait to see them again.....but we need to rest first!!!!!!!!!!
    Good to see fixxtures there at each show......hi to Kim, Jeanne and her man, and "mich112670". See you all soon!
    "Please take part to find your soul...read between the lines. Please take part and play your role....read between the lines"

Hi fellow Fixx fans,

Let me first say, WHAT AN AWESOME SHOW! I feel very lucky to have had the opportunity to fly out there and be a part of a memorable weekend. The band was spot on, the sound set-up was top notch and the pool at the Hard Rock, made for an intimate setting, on an evening when the "tapes were rolling".

I met some very cool people from this board, who I will definitely keep in touch with. I am terrible with remembering names so to those of you who made me feel like a long time fixxture, thanks and please shoot me a PM so I can add all of you to my contact list. It was a pleasure meeting all of you.

Dr. Roger, nice job on stage working the crowd.

A special thanks to Ed for all his hard work, and inviting me to contribute to the show.

And last but not least, to our band, I would like to say, you guys ROCKED! I first saw THE FIXX, last year in Virginia Beach on Labor Day weekend. I am a brand new fan in the grand scheme of things, and after seeing you again earlier this year at the Hard Rock Hotel in Orlando, you fellas are my favorite band. I hope to see you many more times in the future.

A great weekend indeed....continued success Cy, Jamie, Rupert, Adam and Gary....

Take care gang.

otowneddie - the guy with the big video camera -

yo' otown! good to see you here. It was a rocking show, wasn't it!

I sent you a PM.

Janet
    ~Bathe In A Turning Tide~

STILL stuck in the water slide at the Vegas Hard Rock pool...
    So nice to meet new Fixxtures, especially Musegirl, Mich and Robo. Many thanks to you, Robo, for your help with my rowdy neighbor in the crowd. Much nicer when you had my back!

It was a bad night for photos. Started with the 50mm, which would have been okay, but quickly went for close-ups with the 135, and it was a little dark for the higher stop on that lens. And there's something really screwy going on with the lens, as well. Looks like I need a new one. Anyway, here's one clear shot of Cy - not the best facial expression - but you can see the shirt pretty well.

Good to be with you all again,
    Bash
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    web site | blog | photos | Twitter (primary)
    ----
    "And the Vino di Vici will flow like a river in spring,
    Now the fix(x), the fix(x) is in." - Elbow

Let me tell everyone that otowneddie and Doctor Roger were each extremely instrumental in making such a memorable night. The doc with his hosting, and otown with his video. Thanks guys for your gracious contributions to the night, to the band, and to the fans!
    See you at another show SOON!
    "Please take part to find your soul...read between the lines. Please take part and play your role....read between the lines"

GREAT SHOTS !!!

WOW Bash, Musegirl and Pippi !!!

What GREAT pictures on the review forum... especially the one shot of Cy that Pippi took that actually looks like Cy has "wings" or an aura of wings with the smoke and shadow patterns. Either that, or I'm still flying high..... from that show.

Thanks to Fixxfanatic and all of you who commented and complimented me on the M.C. job I tried to do. It is such a joy to be at a Fixx show, as I've said before... it really makes me feel like 25 again, if only for one night. It was proper and respectful to say hello publically to Mr. and Mrs. Pat Travers, as a big talent in his own right AND a big Fixx fan! I did secure Ira's approval before imparting these thoughts and suggestions on stage.
    Thanks to Ed for introducing the Travers to us, it was a trilll for us all, and what a nice couple.

Looking forward to more shows on this tour as well. With much love and thanks, a blushing.....

Dr. Roger

Just saw the pictures from last nights show in Vegas. AWESOME shots Bash, Musegirl and Pippi! Concert photography can be tricky because of the lighting, smoke effects, etc. These shots really capture some the moments that made last night...unforgettable. Thanks for fighting for the good spots up front to get such close up shots.

And yes that's me with the video camera...too cool!

Hi Janet,

It was an awesome day. From the soundcheck, until then end of the night...a memorable evening in Las Vegas. I am sending you a PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast