Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Meaning Of Saved By Zero

Thumbs up

Steve, I agree - nothing beats an ice cold Heiney... another good beer is Blue Moon with a slice of orange, yummy!

Hey, Ever try the Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat anyone? I tried some a couple weeks back, I thought it was pretty good. Had Harps recently too, and liked it. I really dont know alot about exotic/import beers and such. Tried to find Spaten today Steve, ya had me curious, Ive never even heard of that one.

Octo
    In germany some people say it's like medicine. It's good against heartattack. If it is a lie - who cares?

-- Heimo on red wine

Originally posted by Octopulse
    Ever try the Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat anyone...Tried to find Spaten today Steve, ya had me curious, Ive never even heard of that one.
    Blue Moon? I'll have to look into that one. I've never had Samuel Adams either but am eager to try it after reading today that it tops the Consumer Reports review of Craft Lagers.

Spaten is a German import. It is very rich in flavor. I usually find it at Trader Joe's. A local liquer store may be able to get it if you ask. I like it a lot but it is pricey so I only have it once or twice a year.

Beers!

er, uh, Cheers!
    Steve

Ahhh, Now I get It....

http://www.softcom.net/users/riverse.../fixx/cy01.htm

I've seen the light .... It's gonna be a trip to the store for Heineken ta finish off the weekend!!

Octo
    In germany some people say it's like medicine. It's good against heartattack. If it is a lie - who cares?

-- Heimo on red wine

Question

Hi Octo!! Thank you for bringing up this issue. Are there any sources of info. that I can find the true meanings of most of the songs? Many of my friends who aren't Fixx fans per say, but still like their music often ask me what the songs mean. As you said, quite often we come to our own conclusions re. the meanings. Music wouldn't be a true 'art form' if people couldn't take away their own meanings and interpretations.

However, I often don't know how to explain the songs to them because my own interpretation may interfere with the band's own meaning. The Fixx are great in not just their sound and style of music, but also in the song-writing. The lyrics are not simple, which is great because it makes you think. I know that they really talk about and have special messages on political issues and other things of the world. The meanings are very deep and I find you really have to fight sometimes to get the message.

WHHHEEEWW!! Having said ALL of that, basically I was just curious to see how far off (or on) I was about what was actually meant by each song. You mentioned something about a song book. Does that talk about all of the songs as well?

Thanks!

EightiesChild,
    I suppose the best way to get song meanings from outside sources would be to ask someone in the band, find interviews or maybe start a discussion here at the forum.

Heres something else the book mentions....

On the new album, a song called "Liner" questions the British war in the Falkland Islands. "I wrote it in an unpatriotic mood," said Curnin. "A million pounds a day to guard 1800 people is rather absurd."

also it says....

Travelling around the world and having thier debut album widely praised and accepted had a great effect on their secong LP. "You realize that you have a responsiblity to the work," said Curnin. "Its easy to go astray, especially on the road, and become somewhat scruffy about where you put your emotions and responsibilties. We'd be doing this if we weren't getting paid. To get to do this and be accepted is a privilege."

plus only Cy could describe Jamie so well....

"Jamie really changed the way we sounded." said Cy. "He really has a unique way of thinking about rock guitar. He's like a French plasterer. He covers a large area, adds great details, and gives it all a wonderful sheen."

Also If you havent seen yet....
    http://members.aol.com/fairyfire/WRE/thefixx.htm

And heres an interesting thread that went around not long ago....
    http://www.thefixx.net/vbulletin/sho...=&threadid=177

Late for work and couldnt care less,
    Octo
    Last edited by Octopulse; 08-15-2001 at 03:08 PM.

-- Heimo on red wine

Hi All: Let's keep in mind that anything you read or hear of that was from a long time ago should be taken with a grain of salt... I am quite sure the band has had changes in how they feel about some things over time just as we all have... how different are You now than you were back then??? I am interested in the views they have TODAY and would really like to see them post on the board sometimes... if they read what we say, why not give the fans some answers? Take care! Kat
    Last edited by itizuki; 08-16-2001 at 05:32 PM.

would really like to see them post on the board sometimes... if they read what we say, why not give the fans some answers?
    This has also been on my mind lately. I cant think like a celebrity, and I have no idea of the pressure or time constraints on one.... but.... but.... hell I'm just gonna say this.... Arent we worth a few words once in a blue moon? I'm sorry if I'm sounding a bit ungateful or something, but Kats post has got me thinking maybe I'm not the only one wondering that. Fire away.... I'm being bad.... I admit it .

Octo

-- Heimo on red wine

No, Octo...you're not being bad. Again, I'm a relative newbie, but I've spent a lot of time on FooFighters.com, and Dave Grohl posts there about once a month, and even gives recorded messages from the road when they're on tour. They even did a postboard-member only show a few weeks ago in LA. Of course, we have no idea what goes on in these guys' lives every day...kids, wives, touring, studio time, god knows what else. But a visit every now and then to whet our appetites and show a little fan appreciation would be awesome. As Dennis Miller says, "That's just my opinion--I could be wrong!"
    Amy

"...just put myself where you are..."

There's an inside secret floatin around...and lucky you are if you get to hear it. I was lucky enough to hear it twice within a month, by 2 people who didn't even know one another. I heard it, thought about it, and found the truth behind the secret.

Saved By Zero is most likely about a nuance of a larger subject, the subject being life. Cy, I'm sure, sings about the life in all of us...Are We Ourselves, I'm Life, You Know Me, Still Around (that's a heavy one), I Will, Precious Stone...all of them.

Oh, the secret? If you start to discover this precious stone, it will change your life. Here's a clue....I believe we are all one person...and the rest of this secret is for you to find. When you do find it, don't be afraid to be afraid for fear is the beginning of knowledge. Take heart and jump in the flow, get carried by it.

"I love the breeze,
    The one I miss is in the breeze,
    You are the breeze.
    I love the water,
    The one I miss is in the water,
    You are the water.
    I love the life,
    The one I miss is in the life,
    You are my life.
    Now I am possessed,
    The one I miss is my possession."

You'll have to lose yourself (in a sense) before you find yourself...and then you'll see me in everyone. Will this set you free? I Will. Climb the Hill.

Sorry for being so deep and rambling on, but I have to take the chance to spread this secret. I'll settle down now

from Yesunion...

There's an inside secret floatin around...and lucky you are if you get to hear it. I was lucky enough to hear it twice within a month, by 2 people who didn't even know one another. I heard it, thought about it, and found the truth behind the secret.

Saved By Zero is most likely about a nuance of a larger subject, the subject being life. Cy, I'm sure, sings about the life in all of us...Are We Ourselves, I'm Life, You Know Me, Still Around (that's a heavy one), I Will, Precious Stone...all of them.

Oh, the secret? If you start to discover this precious stone, it will change your life. Here's a clue....I believe we are all one person...and the rest of this secret is for you to find. When you do find it, don't be afraid to be afraid for fear is the beginning of knowledge. Take heart and jump in the flow, get carried by it.
    hmmm, an interesting post that i somehow missed, surprised noone answered on that one, myself I've done enough pondering for one day here with the discussion in the "personal meanings" thread, if noone wants to venture a guess here I'de be interested in hearing that secret
    Last edited by Octopulse; 10-27-2001 at 10:10 AM.

-- Heimo on red wine

beer talk-

didn't we have an unofficial fixxfan beer list going here at one time?

cant complain aboutthe upstate NY weather after seeing the 8 feet out west they received today....

Pretty soon it'll be hot chocolate time up here also...okay maybe some Baileys in it if it isnt a work day!

I think even CY was a fan of the Utica Saranac beers (esp- the black/tans) if i remember correctly...

Octo we'll definately be throwing some down sometime soon-
    might go/ no definately going to see the b-naked ladies this wed. at the syracuse war memorial... should be a pleasurable laugh...

ta-

diamond dave ( no notthe vh boy!)

ya those Saranac brews are pretty good, especially the black and tan.... the amber lager too, whenever i buy beer around the holidays its usually Saranac, Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat has been another favorite this year. Cheers

Saranacs BLACK FOREST and the filling pale ales are thirst worthy!!!

d

Smile Saved By Zero

Hello All,

Someone at work asked me what Saved By Zero was about? I know someone must have covered this topic before. Can some please help?

He does say, "saved by zero could mean nothing."

Fixxation

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast