Thread: New Here

New Here

Fellow 'Fixx Fanatics',it's certainly a pleasure to be here.I have been a fan since the early 80's when I first heard 'Stand Or Fall' on AM radio here in Canada.I loved it instantly,all that melody and tons of atmosphere.

I would be interested in writing to fellow fans anywhere really and fellow musicians or creative types.I'm easy to get along with,and have a lot to ask about the Fixx.

Having met them on the 'Ink' tour in about 1991 or so in Mississauga ,Ontario I ws pleasantly surprised at how friendly and down to earth the boys are.

Being a drummer/songwriter too,I am most impressed with the musicianship of the Fixx,they are one of the slickest and tightest groups I have ever seen live.Very impressive.

Ok I'm done,lol.

Cheers to all of you,

'Britdrumbloke'
    Last edited by Britdrumbloke; 11-23-2006 at 02:34 PM.

Welcome Britdrumbloke and cheers to you. Canadian Fixxtures are great. I married one.
    Hope you are planning to see the guys in Oakville, Ontario Thursday night, which I guess is technically tonight...

Hey Muse

Hey Musegirl,
    thanks for your welcome,Oh for sure I am off to see THE FIXX in Oakville.I can't wait,they are so great live,I've seen them about 3 other times.At Canada's Wonderland when they opened for 'Flock Of Geese' ermm I meant 'Seagulls' and totally blew them right off the stage.
    it was awesome.
    And a few years later at same venue for the 'Phantoms' tour and they did 'Phantom Living' it was brilliant all these vocoder type voice effects seemed to be coming out of the ceiling ,wow talk about shivers down the spine!!

I love the fact that The Fixx aren't too commercial too,it feels special!

Welcome, Britdrumbloke,

Have a great time at the show, I have a good friend that lives in the Ont. area, and she has never been to a show of theirs yet, doesn't really know them, but has enjoyed the music I have her. I had wanted to go up there too with her and take her, but jobs interfered. We were going to do the NYC show too! road to hell is laid with the best intentions.

Have a great time! and can't wait to read your review and see some photos!
    I am the winner in any event.

Welcome to the part, britdrumbloke!
    From the point of ignition
    to the final drive
    the point of the journey
    is not to arrive
    anything can happen

Welcome Britdrumbloke, it's great to see more on board the board...
    BM
    I've been lurking...

Britdrumbloke:

So glad you signed up with us!!
    Plan to visit often. Have a great time.

John

Welcome to the boards Britdrumbloke, nice nick.

Bassdrum, kick drum, snaredrum ... britdrum - why not?

The Queen: and can't wait to read your review and see some photos!

Originally posted by guido

The Queen: and can't wait to read your review and see some photos!

Sorry Guido, had every intention of being there too, but didn't make it. Turns out all for the best too, coz there was a big bad Noreaster the day of the show on my end, and in NYC the next day when we'd be returning home. I am sure we would have had some major delays in there.

Next time.
    I am the winner in any event.

Hi Britdrumbloke!
    If you are easy to get along with and have a lot of questions about The Fixx.....then YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!!!!!!!!
    We are here for you!
    So, write on...... drop your inquiries right here, we'll sort it all out for ya!
    WELCOME!
    "Please take part to find your soul...read between the lines. Please take part and play your role....read between the lines"