Thread: Landing Happily

Landing Happily

Greetings all.

I have been a fan since Shuttered Room. Heck, I used "The Flow" and "Read between the lines" as a lullabies for my children.

If I had to name a favorite album it would have to be Walkabout.

My music collection consists of mainly classical music, especially piano and string. The Fixx is pretty much the only 19+ century music I listen to.

The only other 'modern' music I listen to is a Ward Brother's album, "Madness of it all", that I find very much the same quality of The Fixx. In fact, I believe it was produced by Rupert Hine. Great stuff!

I attended the Reach the beach show at the Orpheum theater in Minneapolis around 1985'ish. The Orpheum is an old-school vaudeville venue. Picture the Muppet theater. The acoustics were built for un-amplified shows and there is not a bad seat. My friend and I had the best seats in the house.
    I loved how they opened their show; the warm-up band finished their set and the crews started moving the equipment. They had replaced the drum-kit, and placed the keyboards, guitar stands, etc. and most of the crowd was getting drinks or chatting, then this "roadie" started tuning the drums. Suddenly he started laying-down a great beat. Then this other "roadie" started a complimentary bass rhythm. Before anyone could get seated the Fixx was performing "Privilege". Cy came walking from the lobby and the crowd went nuts! He was having cocktails with everyone and nobody realized! Needless to say, the show was absolutely incredible!

I have a few others to share, but I think I will save them for later.

Anyhow, I hope all of you are well. And I wish you all a early Merry Christmas!

-Fazur-

(pronounced Fah-Zhur. A term of endearment my children gave me)

Fazur,

I have to admit, I've never heard of the Ward Brothers. That being said, I don't think that Rupert Hine produced them. Fixxture Steve should be able to help out on that question.

Thanks for sharing your Reach the Beach story. Hope you have been able to catch some of the recent shows...

Welcome to the board!

Lisa

Great story Fazur! and welcome.
    I am the winner in any event.

Hi Fazur,

Always Great to meet another Minnesota (Minneapolis) Fan... I saw them at the Fine Line March 2005 ... and after all the shows I have attended... It is still my favorite Venue... Hope that the guys will come back soon.. or before Sept of 2007.. Would Be my WISH.....

Hope we meet someday at a show...

welcome

Jeanne
    You pass like the moon in silence
    In the warm flooded air
    Looking back to those lost opportunities
    So often missed or ignored
    A thousand times I start heading for the dawn
    Only to turn around and face this rue once more
    There 's something ahead of you
    Cy Curnin

Don't die, with your music still inside of you.

Originally posted by musegirl
    Fazur,

I have to admit, I've never heard of the Ward Brothers. That being said, I don't think that Rupert Hine produced them. Fixxture Steve should be able to help out on that question.

Welcome to the boad Fazur.
    I can't find anything Ward Brothers on the Rupert Hine webiste. There are a couple Ward Brothers Madness of it All albums on eBay right now. One is a CD, the other a cassette. Someone who really wants to know could ask the seller OR just buy the darned thing. It's only $1 (plus shipping).

Again, welcome. Feel free to join our many different discussions. We even had a classical music discussion some time back.

Hello Fazur:

Thanks for signing up.
    Great to have you on the forum.

Enjoyed reading your account from The Orpheum.
    Cy walking over from the lobby? Wow!

Keep in touch and have a great time here.

John

Thank you

Thank you all for the kind welcome! I really look forward to corresponding with fellow Fixx fans.

Just a bit about the Ward Brothers. Apparently there was a rather creepy movie made about some disturbing hillbillies with the same name which has caused Amazon, and most other venues, to remove most references to what I consider a Precious Stone of 1980s music. I DO remember reading, before they removed it, a professional review that stated that Rupert Hine did, in fact, produce their one, and only, album. I could post the MP3s of them and I bet you would all agree.

I am not quite sure what it is, but the Fixx has always been a private pleasure. For me to actually join a Fan forum is quite out of my behavior and is a testament to how much I really enjoy them.

Again, thank you all for your kind welcome.

-Fazur-

HI Fah-Zhur!

Hey, another long time Fixx lover! Glad to have you on board.