Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Introduction

STILL stuck in the water slide at the Vegas Hard Rock pool...
    Welcome to the board.

web site | blog | photos | Twitter (primary)
    ----
    "And the Vino di Vici will flow like a river in spring,
    Now the fix(x), the fix(x) is in." - Elbow

Greetings all, another newbie here rediscovering The Fixx! The band and fans all seem like a cool bunch from browsing the web site, so I thought I'd join in.

I loved all the Fixx songs I heard during the 80's, then lost track of them until my job before last, where I was subjected to that instrumental-type muzak that drove me NUTS, except for one song that thrilled me every time it came on. I couldn't think who it was by or what it was called, but I knew that it was an 80's song I had good memories of, and for instrumental muzak, it was as good as it basically gets. I moved on to my current job, losing track of the song until one of my co-workers happened to mention it or sing it, I can't remember which, but I can imagine his shock when I burst out "That's that song"! It was Saved By Zero and I told him what I was going on about

So, now I'm looking forward to the next time the guys return to Central New York, and lamenting that I've missed so much.

A little more about me...I'm 34, work in banking, volunteer at a science museum, am on the board of a ham radio club, and love anything to do with space (yeah, I do fairly well on those geek tests ). I like classic rock and 80's rock, and have been a fairly big Queen fan the past few years. My "family" is two cats.

Think I'll be off to the "how much have you paid for concerts?" thread now. Looking forward to getting to know you all!

321!

geez Carrie-

Did you go to the FIXX show at HOOLIGANS a coupla of years back....?
    Wow, it was actually July 1, 2004!

Or more recently they came and played in march for the NCAA festival in armory square OUTDOORS! (In syracuse March is colder than most's decembers!)

They liked the armory area- THink they went to Ambrosia's for eats and wine...

greetings from oswego-

i grew up in north syracuse/mattydale and a bunch of my cousins all live in l'pool!

see ya at some show WHEN THE TOUR dates become available!
    "There can be no tradition without innovation."
    - Earle Hitchner, Irish music journalist

Welcome Carrie! Hope you get to catch the guys in concert sometime soon.

Glad you found us.
    I am the winner in any event.

Hello Carrie!!

Greetings from the Deep South.
    So good that you joined this "cool bunch."
    Enjoy every moment......

John

Oh, you're kidding me they were that close and I didn't become a serious enough fan in time?!?!? AAAAHHH!! *bang bang bang my head* I have the worst timing! Armory Square is where the science museum is that I volunteer at, and I pass Ambrosia every time I go there (about once a week)! I've heard it's a nice place...maybe I'll have to go eat there (never have) so I can say I went to the same restaurant (I know, I'm sad)!!!!

I'm worried if the poor boys were stuck playing out in the Syracuse weather in March, they'll never want to come back!!!

Thanks to you all for the warm welcome!

Hi Carrie

Hi Carrie ~~

I've done basically the same thing . . . I was pretty busy with other things in my life and let my interest in the Fixx get put on the back burner. Then I happened to browse to their site one day and saw that they had just the previous year played 2 gigs really close to me. I was totally crushed. I felt like the most unfaithful, horrible, awful fan there ever was!

Don't worry, I expect they'll be back your way . . . at least they came back my way so I was not to be too disappointed. **whew** It will be really special for you when you do get to see them.

Welcome to the group!

Thanks for the welcome! I do hope they come back! Right now I'm having a great time going through their songs and hearing how they grew and changed through the years. I seem to be on an "I Live" kick at the moment...love that one and can't get it out of my head!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12