Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fixx Concert News Flash

Cool Fixx Concert News Flash

CHECK out this just in from thealarm.com website - The Fixx, The Alarm, and The Psychedelic Furs are touring this summer. "Rockin the Colonies Tour"

All dates are July 2nd through the 22nd:
    02 - Naperville, Il Festival
    04 - Baltimore Pier Six
    07 - Buffalo Canal Street
    09- Point Pleasant - Jenkinsons Pavilion - Hopefully you may see me there!
    10 - Boston Avalon
    11 - Westbury, NY Northfolk Theatre
    14 - SanDiego 4th & B
    15 - San Francisco The Mezzanine
    17 - Costa Mesa, CA Pacific Ampitheatre
    19- Denver Ogden Theatre
    20 - Austin Stubbs
    21 Dallas House of Blues
    22 Houston Verizon Wireless Theatre

I hope you will check it out as you will not be disappointed in hearing The Alarm live and what more can I say THE FIXX WILL BE THERE!!!!!

I hope they play in September at the Music Fest when Mike Peters comes to town to do the Love, Hope, Strength walkathon and concert. A huge outdoor festival and I believe the performers are rewarded very well $$$$. Big sponsors and our local government LOVES a great show! Mike Peters was invited back after last year's solo performance! :

Question I don't know where the 13th is?

I looked on The Fixx's tour board and I see a date on the 13th of July at Moondance Jam however, I did not see that date on The Alarm's site??????? I hope we can get clarification for those attending that date!help:

I thought ABC was on the ticket?
    We'll know for the first time
    If we're evil or divine
    We're the last in line

ABC

Oh Henry Izzo where did you see that about ABC? I wish!!!!! That would also be an awesome line up! No I did not see ABC anywhere and I looked them up on Google and never found anything current.

As for The Alarm I have seen them in the 80's and Mike Peters acoustically
    and pretty much songs by request when he was at my local Music Fest last year. He was also just here in Union in the 3rd week of April at Kean University and then at the Empire State Building to climb the stairwell with some other rock celebrities for his Love, Hope Strength Foundation. I only found out afterwards so I was sad to have missed it as I am not on that message board as regularly as I am here. In my opinion I think it will be a show people will talk about for a long time. Mr. Peters is also very down to earth like the Gents from The Fixx. He does try to Meet and Greet whenever possible. This evening I will post a picture or two from that show.

Rockin the Colonies Tour - Psychedelic Furs - Abc - the Fixx
    \\ Psychedelic Furs / The Fixx / Abc Something wrong with this listing? Information
    Summary:

London rock band, The Psychedelic Furs perform.

More Information:

All tickets include admission to the Orange County Fair.
    We'll know for the first time
    If we're evil or divine
    We're the last in line

pretty sure ABC backed out so ABCya later

enter Mike Peters and the new Alarm- (alarm MMVII) as he calls it: "2007"

From Mike Peters: from one of his many sites....

Hello Everybody,

I am writing to let you know about everything that has been happening since I came back from New York and Empire State Building Rocks.

On the upside, the band and I have just recorded the first EP for the Counter Attack album project and it sounds just like I imagined / hoped it would when I was conjuring up the songs. The first of the Counter Attack EP's is called 'Three Sevens Clash' and features seven brand new tracks that will literally explode from your speakers when the audio files launch in your disc drives........ The track listing is as follows:

1. The Opening
    2. Three Sevens Clash
    3. Fill In The Blanks
    4. Zeros And Ones
    5. Kill To Get What You Want [Die For What You Believe In]
    6. Love Hope And Strength
    7. Broadcast On Street Airwaves

In the next few weeks we will be announcing detailed information about 'Counter Attack' and how and when you will be able to get the music into your domain.

While we were recording, The Alarm MMVII were offered the chance to join a coast to coast tour of the USA with the Psychedelic Furs from July 1st to the 22nd. The tour is billed as 'Rockin The Colonies' and will also feature our old touring friends The Fixx. The tour will play to big audiences and take us to some prestigious US venues. The tour also gives the band and I the chance to replay the shows in Dallas, Austin and Houston, Texas that had to be cancelled when my son Dylan came into the world early in 2004 (see dates below).

darn, tooo bad im gonna miss this outing- i'll be in the south when their in the north!
    *U$*&*%!!!!

"There can be no tradition without innovation."
    - Earle Hitchner, Irish music journalist

Got a question about shows like these where the Fixx are billed with other acts. Provided they aren't the last band to play, and are doing a meet and greet: does it happen shortly after their set ends, or after everyone is done playing? In other words, do I need to bail on the band following them and head over to the merchandise area or wherever they are holding it? I hate to do that to the band following them, if so, but will if I have to. I just want to be prepared for what to do ahead of time.

Bummer on ABC backing out...I was looking forward to seeing them (and making a high school friend of mine jealous ). I have to admit I don't have much familiarity with the Furs or the Alarm, but from what people here have said, I'm likely to be impressed. All the more reason to be bummed if I can't stay and watch - though maybe I'll still be able to hear and see something from wherever the Fixx meet and greet is happening?

Those who can clue me in, I'd appreciate it! Also, anyone who can advise on what the venue in Buffalo is like, that would be cool too (is it assigned seating)?

Carrie the Clueless

Thumbs up Diamond - good job! Carrie maybe an answer

Thanks Diamond, that is the information that I got from The Alarm's website. It looks very official so yeah I think so it is DEF ABC - get it nobody heard them? oh that was a bad joke not funny!!!!

Carrie I may try to answer your question but not sure if I am totally right as of yet on this. I believe The Fixx may be the Headliner for this show so they will go on last. Not sure though if it will be The Furs or The Alarm going first ( I will try to get this scoop for ya' as we get a lil' closer to the date.) I'm trying to get info from other Alarm fans. Generally I like to show up as well as a lot of the fans at this forum at least when the doors open so we pick which area we like to hear and see our favorite performers. Some of us are stage huggers (Okay I am guilty!) Maybe if many people are not familiar either with the opening acts it will appear that there will not be a big turn out but if you turn around when The Fixx hit the stage you will see it is standing room only!!!! The Fixx and their music: I stay in a state of euphoria days after the show. As far as the merchandise is concerned, I believe you will have time to buy it after the last song and if there is a Meet and Greet it is usually near that table to sign your keepsakes. The guys are friendly and will sign whatever you bring them.
    Welcome to the world of being Fixxated Carrie!

Even if the Fixx go on second to last they usually wait til after the headliner finishes to do there meet and greet. You don't have to worry about missing any of the show.

Many thanks to you both for the info! That's so respectful of the guys to wait until the show is over, and it doesn't surprise me. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the more I hear from and about the Fixx and the way they conduct themselves, the more impressed I become! Not to mention excited for the show!

dont worry, the alarm is pretty darn good - ive seen them about 6 times. Even saw Mike Peters acoustic solo too- He will look right in your eyes and make you feel like he's singing right to you.
    Even though Dave Sharp isnt playing guitar with em any longer- he's doing his own Folk woodie guthrie like stuff back in the UK after living in Louisiana for years. They will still light it up on the stage for ya. I believe Steve Grantley (stiff little fingers drummer and a very talllllll dude) is still their drummer too... and the bald headed bass player ,,, no not gary T!

But Mike has that love,strength, hope foundation thing going on to raise awareness-
    He had a bad spell with Leukemia/cancer, and beat it- He tells of a medicine man that told him to wear green... and only green, and surprisingly the cancer was gone....

Shortly after i was studying abroad in London, back home in syracuse I got backstage to talk to Mike one night- actually led by his wifey Jules, and i had drank lets say.. more than a couple of beers and after meeting Mike and talking for a few minutes, he stopped and said "So Dave, what county are ya frum?? (with his Welsh accent) and i said... "Oswego!" and he goes:
    "Where the Foook is that?" after i explained, he said ooh, i had you pegged as being from northern ireland" (Cause of my fast talking slurred speech!)

ANother classic moment in diamond concert history! LOL!

d3
    "There can be no tradition without innovation."
    - Earle Hitchner, Irish music journalist

Talking Diamond has me cracked up

Diamond that was an excellent story!!!!!! I found Mike Peters accent easier to understand then some of our Fixx men - and yikes Shame on me for not understanding a word of ENGLISH - My ancestry and grandfather-in-law came from the U.K. Got English, Irish, Scotch, and Welsh coursing through my veins! AND may I add I am wearing my shirt that reads Scottish Tourist.

ANYHOWS Diamond put more stories on - these things crack me up!

Question Oh and I forgot to ask Diamond

Diamond - to wear green? I guess that is why the t-shirt is army green????
    I know he had medical treatment as he is bringing the hopeful answer to the cure with him besides green clothes when he meets with our true medicine men/women and not witch doctors - ( no offense to anyone who is!)
    P.S. -Here is my idea of green working it's magic

Unfortunately for us here in Detroit we get the Alarm, Furs and Naked Eyes but NO FIXX. Seems odd not to see the Fixx on the summer DTE schedule this year. The Fixx must have other committments on July the 1st.

Question Are you sure Crucified?

I was on The Alarm's website today and they just confirmed the July 1st date and are still showing The Fixx and The Furs. Have you tried contacting the venue? Is there anyone on this board to help make a confirmation for The Fixx on the First of July?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast