Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: pot

pot

ya i was a fiend, for 31 years a fiend, but i havent touched it in 8 months, well.... 8 months on the beginning of next month, close enough

things are so much better, after the first month it was really outta my mind and i didnt think about it all that much, and i dont even really think about it at all now, except maybe if i see something on TV it'll make me go........... ah ya that would be nice

hmmmm, no it wouldnt

- breathing is so much better
    - concentation is so much better
    - my marriage - so much better
    - took about 3 months before my appetite was normal again

something really interesting i noticed, took about 5 months to happen, ive started dreaming again, for 20 fucking years ive been telling people, i never dream, i dont remember my dreams, i never made the connection, it must have been the pot

and theyre vivid too, i havent dreamed like this since i was a kid

last night i dreamed a fraternity was having a wild party, and some drunk kid pulled the stops on a railroad car, the whole train crashed into a big brick factory, and a chain reaction destroyed the whole world except for some lucky folks who dived under some freeway overpasses, things really sucked at first, but then i remembered cheesecake, yes cheesecake!!, and then we all went on a mission to eat all the cheesecake in the world before it spoiled
    In germany some people say it's like medicine. It's good against heartattack. If it is a lie - who cares?

-- Heimo on red wine

good for you for breaking the habit (or at least trying to!)! proud of your progress!

btw, that's what I love about you- you're straightforward and honest (IMO). happy to see you posting again as well. missed you here
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

(Sherrilyn Kenyon, Devil May Cry)

http://www.wordclay.com/BookStore/BookStoreBookDetails.aspx?bookid=37784

thanks preshy!
    In germany some people say it's like medicine. It's good against heartattack. If it is a lie - who cares?

-- Heimo on red wine

Good luck to you, Octopulse!

Enjoy the dreams.
    I am the winner in any event.

thanks again

ya no, there was a poem i put up here once, im sure many, if not most, of the folks who read thought it was quite disturbing, and it was, but the truth is often a disturbing thing to deal with

there was one line that went like this

"spread the shit, less of it, on me"

not exactly shakespeare, but it was from the heart, of a stoner

maybe if youve ever had 'friends', people that shared certain vices with each other, you might even know what thats about, and if you havent... well good for you, and that is not scarcasm

vice-induced virtual friendship is what i getting at, folks that need to spread the bad vibe amongst themselves in order to feel better about what they know in their heart, are the things, they should not be doing

some people, actually seem to hate me now because i dont smoke with them anymore, and some people, refuse to believe that its true, the big ya-right-ok, hmmm, well ok... some people can stay in the past then

one dream that keeps coming back is this one...

im looking for my car, i cant find it, im walking around in circles searching and searching, and im really bummed because i cant find my ride

i believe that signifies regret, regret from lost opprutunities, if so the sandman wont get an arguement from me on that one, he is spot on the mark, but its never too late to turn things around right? damn straight! my wifes proud of me, my brothers proud of me, my mom... well... some things she doesnt need to know about, and those old virtual friends of mine, well we all what they can do......
    Last edited by Octopulse; 05-15-2007 at 06:37 AM.

-- Heimo on red wine

To sever is better

If old ties get you caught up, cut 'em loose! I had to let go of someone who was destroying herself w/her addiction; she was the addicted, not I. She had got so bad she was blowing smoke into her kid's face and sharing blunts w/him! She got angry when I reminded her that I am a mandated child abuse reporter. Due to these vices, she had a stillborn child, and just last year I heard she passed away from her bad habits. So, since you are still above ground, don't sweat it and walk on. You are doing better because you know you can. You have given up the excuses and are moving forward; I applaud you for doing this for yourself and not because it is costing you your health (like a few people I know).

much luv, Mr Eight Legs!
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

I'm always glad to hear when someone has stopped doing something that hurts themselves and the people around them, and who's fortunate enough to have been able to before things went too far.

Good on not listening to the "friends" who seem more concerned about what they want to do rather than how much better you feel.

Whenever it gets rough, just listen to one of the many Fixx tunes out there about living life on one's own terms. And continued wishes of good luck from us fans!

thanks again PS, carrie

from PS....
    "She had got so bad she was blowing smoke into her kid's face and sharing blunts w/him! She got angry when I reminded her that I am a mandated child abuse reporter."

ive seen that type of behaviour too, makes me feel ashamed that i even hung around with some of the types i did

there was this guy i was hanging with, it wasnt a real friendship, because if you had removed the weed from the equation the friendship would have factored out to zero, he came over my place with his wife one day, i had known him just a few weeks and really didnt know his wife at all, she was pregnant, we were watching TV and i asked him if he wanted to head into the "smoke room" for a minute, i just figured she would watch TV for a few minutes, so we head into the room, I grabbed the bong, and then i turn around, and shes sitting down too, i remember thinking "how am i going to say this tactfully", this not cool at all, plus my wife is going to be home in a few minutes (she doesnt do any drugs at all and never has) and if she comes home and sees a pregnant woman smoking pot she is gonna make a scene, and it isnt gonna be pretty

so i told them it just wasnt cool as tactfully as i could, it was an uncomfortable few moments, i said to the guy... "maybe we should just put this off until another time when its just me and you"

you never saw such disappointed people

anyway my wife came home, i did the introductions and it was as cold as ice, i really couldnt wait for them to leave because there was a very negative vibe going on

i stopped hanging with this guy, i saw him a few months back, he gave me his new cell phone number but afterwards i ripped it up and left in the street, i was at that point where i was about a month into quitting, and it felt good to rip his number, it felt kinda liberating

anyway, ya i say anyway alot dont i?, anyway.... that mans wife hated my wife from that day on, and my wife has done nothing to her, my wife even offered to get this woman an application from where she worked to try to help her out, and she still hated her, and i'll tell ya why she hated my wife right now

my wife is a good person, not perfect of course, but good, and that woman hates my wife because my wife is everything that she cant be, she knows it and she hates her for it

my wife deserves better than a stoner husband, and i deserve better than being a stoner, even those people i used to hang with deserve better, but its hard to build self-esteem when youre addicted

anyway, hehehe, anyway, its never too late to turn things around, and ive been doing what i can to do just that, ive been studying for another IT certification that hopefully will help find better employment, and this study guide ive had my nose in is huge, and reading it is like driving across the country, but ill be done this weekend with it and the middle of next month ill be ready for the exams, those expensive exams... damn i better pass the first time, and i think i will, i never could have remembered all this shit if i was smoking, i just kinda fills me with pride knowing that ive really done it after all these years, and when my wife comes into the room here wraps her arms around me and says "im so proud of you" its a very good vibe! ya sobriety works its wonders in many areas, and in the past few months ive actually been "Mr. Nine Legs", its been a much happier home here if ya know what i mean

things are so enchanting, things are where they cant be..... high on life, so very true
    Last edited by Octopulse; 05-16-2007 at 10:38 AM.

-- Heimo on red wine

Good health to you, Octo......

And best of luck on your upcoming exams.
    Let us know how the results come out if you will.

Especially glad that you have such an understanding and supportive spouse, too.

Keep looking up.....
    I don't "go through channels." I dig my own....

My Two Cents

Wow, what a thread!

As a strong advocate of medical marijuana, I must politely disagree with some of the things said earlier about POT.

I too have been smoking it for 33 years. For the first 27 years, it was for recreational use. The past 6 years has been medically approved and provided use. If you are talking about crank, coke, ectasy, alcohol, etc., then I'd agree, but, pot surely can't be put into the "hard drug" list. Pot does not have the ill effects that the others do. No hangovers, little if any impaired driving, no anti social behavior, I've never heard of a woman selling herself for POT, etc.

Although I applaud those who quit any vice and bettering themselves, I've never felt that POT was a harmful thing, rather, a social and recreational virtually harmless thing. back in the day, it was the "social glue" that cemented friendships that last even till this day. Yes, there were other drugs that we all tried and then quit, LOTS of them, mostly harmful, but POT remained, harmless as it is.

POT has been proven to reduce pain, and to boot, I recently read a study that proved that POT smoke actually helped reduce the carcinogens from cigarette smoke in patients lungs. Many states have decriminalized POT, must be for some reason..... most americans know the difference between hard drugs and POT.

Again, these are my opinions, offered with all due respect and love for conflicting concepts. I say leave POT alone and go after the hard drugs and hard alcohol abuse.

Much Love,

Dr. Roger

I sold myself for Pot once,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

JUST KIDDING!!!!!

~Bathe In A Turning Tide~

No, it isn't as bad as some things I agree, but if it makes things difficult, I say a person should make their own decision about their habit; it's a lot easier w/a support group. It is hard to keep the same friends sometimes when we are going forward. There are some who can remain, just as when a person changes or becomes religious; the others must be let go. If there are friends who care about you regardless, then keep them all.

No foul to either of you guys. Respect you both.

Pippi- you are so crazy!

Acheron Parthenopaeus

Re: My Two Cents

Originally posted by Doctor Roger
    Wow, what a thread!

As a strong advocate of medical marijuana, I must politely disagree with some of the things said earlier about POT.

I too have been smoking it for 33 years. For the first 27 years, it was for recreational use. The past 6 years has been medically approved and provided use. If you are talking about crank, coke, ectasy, alcohol, etc., then I'd agree, but, pot surely can't be put into the "hard drug" list. Pot does not have the ill effects that the others do. No hangovers, little if any impaired driving, no anti social behavior, I've never heard of a woman selling herself for POT, etc.

Although I applaud those who quit any vice and bettering themselves, I've never felt that POT was a harmful thing, rather, a social and recreational virtually harmless thing. back in the day, it was the "social glue" that cemented friendships that last even till this day. Yes, there were other drugs that we all tried and then quit, LOTS of them, mostly harmful, but POT remained, harmless as it is.

POT has been proven to reduce pain, and to boot, I recently read a study that proved that POT smoke actually helped reduce the carcinogens from cigarette smoke in patients lungs. Many states have decriminalized POT, must be for some reason..... most americans know the difference between hard drugs and POT.

Again, these are my opinions, offered with all due respect and love for conflicting concepts. I say leave POT alone and go after the hard drugs and hard alcohol abuse.

Much Love,

Dr. Roger

Thanks for such a well thought out reply Doc, but pot, like many other drugs, will affect different people in different ways. You simply can't generalize on something like this.

I know, first hand, that it is possible to experience both psychological and physiological adverse reactions to withdrawing from pot usage. After 31+ years of using pot on a daily basis, if I ran out, I would not be able to do much else except think about getting some more, jonesing in other words, thatís a psychological reaction, and every morning, even if I had some right in the other room, my stomach would become upset and my face would actually tingle until I got up and smoked something, thatís a physiological reaction. For the first couple weeks after quitting I literally had to force myself to eat, I could go for 2 days without eating because I simply had no appetite at all. Iím not saying pot withdrawal is like cold turkey from harder drugs, and I donít consider pot a hard drug either, but our psychological and psychological sides of health are connected, if one is adversely affected so too can the other be.

As far as the study on the effect on people lungs, I would completely disagree with any study that suggested that smoke from pot inside your lungs is anything but harmful to your body. Cigarettes at least have filters, but joints and bowls do not, I just donít see how adding even more tar/resin to your lungs can benefit anything health wise, if anything combining pot and cigarettes would only accelerate the damage being done. I quit cigarettes back in the 80's, and again, I can speak from first hand experience here, the first 20 years or so I did not notice much ill effects from smoking pot, but in the last couple years I had plenty of breathing problems, I would gag in the shower, I would cough up brown gook, heck... I couldnít even walk to the car across the parking lot without sweating, probably because my body was being stressed from lack of enough oxygen. All that went away after about 2-3 months of quitting.

Again, peopleís experiences with pot will be different. If youíre talking instead about the benefits of medical pot, or what ingested pot does, I wouldnít know, all I know is what continually smoking the stuff for a very long time did to me. And nearly every aspect of my life has improved without it.

-- Heimo on red wine

Octo...

Octo My Friend,

I've digested your thoughts and I will agree on most points you made, mainly that it affects everyone differently. If pot did you wrong in your daily life dealings, I'm glad that you quit. I'm all for bettering one's self. I'm sometimes guilty of generalizing as I'm a strong advocate.

Like a famous commercial once said : " we're not for everybody, but then, we don't try to be".

Kudos and congrats for your will power and choices. I hope the very best for you on your new path to sobriety.

I WILL try to find that study about the lungs.

Looking forward to meeting you this year at a show!

Till Then, All The Best,

Dr. Roger

Thanks Doc,

I believe references to that article have been posted before on this board...
    http://thefixx.net/showthread.php?s=...ghlight=cancer

another...
    http://www.mapinc.org/newscc/v01/n572/a11.html

I can believe its possible that THC can be used to treat cancer, but so can radiation, and the article says the THC in the study was injected or taken orally, not smoked, so I would actually liken smoking pot to treat cancer to someone laying on the beach trying to kill lung cancer soaking in the rays, only to then possibly suffer from skin cancer instead. But... if controlling cancer can be done with THC treatments such as pills, patches, or injections, thats a different story. I think its all about maintaining a balance, and what methods are used to administer the drug.

And speaking of balance, balance has always been difficult for me to maintain, but if other people such as yourself can maintain and enhance life experiences from smoking pot then thats a wonderful thing, if the positives it brings outweigh any negs, I would say enjoy..

..but, again with all due repect Doc, and if I may add Ive always received a very positive impression of you from your posts here, that I would still maintain even after reading that article again, and judging from my own experiences, that pot smoke is a bad thing for the body, especially when its held inside for a number of moments like many people will do, might be better off sticking to brownies!
    Last edited by Octopulse; 05-18-2007 at 10:04 AM.

-- Heimo on red wine

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast