Thread: Baby Rocker

Cool Baby Rocker

Baby Fixxy Chic will be 14 months old on the 1st of June. I have to say she is a Baby Rocker in the making. She can sing some words to 4 nursery songs. The Rocker part is that Green Day's - "Paradise" was on and I watched her rock her body and bop her head to it in perfect beat to the entire song. A big YAY and clap when it was over!
    She has a true love for music and is becoming a natural with instruments for example, she picked up a recorder this past week and blew into producing a strong woodwind sound. She has tried to play the toy Baby Grand Piano and strum her sister's toy electric guitar. I think we need a remake of "Rockstar SuperNova" just for kids! My family and I also happen to notice that since she was born she hums in a melodic pitch when she wants to soothe herself to sleep. I find I am falling into her little song now when I rock her to sleep. ROCK ON BABY!!!!!

Awwww, that's too cute! I've often wondered how young our Fixx guys were when they started showing their musical talents? I also imagine that having a parent who's a singer must be an awesome thing when you're a baby and it's time to get rocked and sung to (getting rocked and sung to by my sister is my earliest memory, so it makes me curious)

Anyway, I think saving up $$$ for music lessons is in order (or getting ready to teach, if you can do it yourself)!

Enjoy the "sound check" in the meantime! awwww!
    Maybe on course to the best yet!

That is sweet that you remember your sister singing to you! How many years apart are you? I wished I could sing! I was put in the school choir in 6th grade only to help break my shyness. As of today, I can't hold a tune and in addition I was recently diagnosed with chronic laryngitis, vocal chord strain, and acid reflux that supposedly is aggravating the condition even more. The fun side of having this current voice is that everyday I sound like someone else. My hubby and brother-in-laws said they like the Demi Moore voice the best!!! lol! SO a singer I am NOT but between my sis and me, we do know how to play some instruments. Though I believe a musician's life is tough so maybe just for hobby.
    My older daughter has a dress rehearsal today for tap dancing. I am so psyched up for it as it is her 1st (She's 4 years old) and they are singing too. "You are my Sunshine" - and she has an adorable costume that reminds me of Belle from "Beauty and the Beast", except it is shorter and has a bottom like a Tutu, and a bonnet like a Southern Belle. The show is actually Saturday and I cannot wait because we have to get her hair done with large spiral curls and makeup her pretty lil' face. She has a smile that lights the room. I am so proud of them!

As for the Fixx guys, I think there was a post from long ago talking about when some of them started but at the moment my memory is blank. It is cute because Gary Tibbs's (bass player) teenage daughter posts on this board and she has written about growing up having a rock star dad. Look for Tibbsy II posts if your interested.

My sister and brother are 8 and 11 years older than I am; it was almost like having two sets of parents. My brother was very musical (though not vocal), and my sister decently so, but not me...I gave up on piano lessons too quickly. I wish I had the time and money to take lessons for something now, to see if I've developed more discipline and would enjoy it. I'm not a very good singer, either...I can do it, but not many people want to listen to me!

That's too bad about your voice...does it make your throat sore?

Good luck to your older daughter! My niece is 13 and it'll be my first time going to her modern dance recital next month. I'm looking forward to it!

Hi Carrie

Luckily the laryngitis thing has not made my throat sore but occasionally it feels like a popcorn shell from a kernel is caught and no matter how I try to clear my throat nothing changes it.

Wow what a big age difference between siblings in your family. You say you don't think you are musical however I think you have much creative talents as I seen your post for your interests in Star Wars and astronauts. Maybe you have a future in costuming or set designs?? May the force be with you!!!
    I hope you enjoy your niece's dance recital. Modern dance huh? I tried that for a semester at college and have embarassing memories of doing a solo routine for part of our grade and after doing all types of straddles, I realized in the end I had a hole in my leggings in a private zone and I was being videotaped by the instructor for the video was to be used as the college's informercial to sign up for the dance class. Needless to say I had asked for my routine to be erased.

Oh dear! That's awful about the dance video!

I did a bit of costuming for myself for a while as a hobby, mostly sci-fi stuff as you say. I also did some dancing, some when little and some in college. I took my fair share of art lessons and classes when I was younger, too, and am decent at it, but not good enough to be professional. Now I scrapbook, but am nowhere near as good as my sister, but she sells the stuff for a living, so she's got good resources. Any other scrapbookers in the house, by the way? I do have to say, I did some good scrapbooking of Queen-related events, and hope to do the same with the Fixx. I'm even considering getting a digital camera to take to the show, but I have to see if I'll be allowed to bring it in the venue. If I can, I'll be trying to figure out what kind to get...I know nothing about them!

I forgot to say earlier, I have seen Jordan Tibbs' posts, and I LOVE the picture of the guys she drew that's on the photos page of this site...she did an awesome job capturing how endearing they are (or I imagine them to be)!

Carrie - carry the camera

Get your camera and scrapbooking pages ready as yes every venue I attended allowed for the camera. The Fixx will let you take pictures at the Meet and Greet so you can put your smile in it too!
    Scrapbooking is something I long to do and have a mountain of photos/clippings/ and cute sayings to put with my many years worth of memories but some how I never get the time. My poor kids, I got as far as putting Kayleigh's photos up to her 1st year and then Shannon forget about it. Hers are in a tote bag in the ever growing mountain - !

I hear you on the growing pile o' pics...the most important thing you can do is keep them sorted (with labels of what the events were) until you have a chance to scrapbook them. My mother laughs that when she started, she had all of our baby pictures mixed in together, and had a hard time figuring out which baby was me, my sister, or my brother! We looked too alike at times! I still have to scrapbook a ton of sci-fi convention pics that I didn't label with the year...I'm going to have to look up old programs and such to try and figure it out...seems like a headache!

I think I need to start researching digi-cams...anyone with suggestions, please chime in!

Cameras in Buffalo...that just doesn't have the same ring to it, though