Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: $250 For This? Lol

$250 For This? Lol

We'll know for the first time
    If we're evil or divine
    We're the last in line

I'm hardly going to take a cell phone camera video from the rafters as a indication of how a show is going to sound!

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Originally posted by Angiekay

I'm hardly going to take a cell phone camera video from the rafters as a indication of how a show is going to sound!
    Well if u know anything about the guitar u can tell that Andy Summers age (64) blew the lead and he is playing the wrong chords

LOL

Thank god I got my tickets 4 free!

ps: enjoy the show
    If we're evil or divine
    We're the last in line

Originally posted by Diamond05
    im assuming your praying it sounds identical to the friggin album or.... of course ITs wrong if it doesnt sound picture perfect and da same as 1984- how boring!)
    Good point. That's what I've always loved about seeing the Fixx: rearrangements, a willingness to tinker, mixing up set lists. They're my favorite live band.

Originally posted by HENRY IZZO
    Well if u know anything about the guitar u can tell that Andy Summers age (64) blew the lead and he is playing the wrong chords

LOL

Thank god I got my tickets 4 free!

ps: enjoy the show

I fully plan on it.

They rearranged a lot of the songs. They have been rehearsing some of them totally different, that could be what you are hearing. Either that or you're just a total cynic.

If I paid for a Police concert, I would be disappointed to hear Sting's jazz inspired impromptu and vocal gyrations, rather than the original songs done live. That quick clip sounded like Dream of the Turtle farm....or whatever that solo album of his was, mixed in with the Police.

hic

BM
    I've been lurking...

It's like they forgot to rehearse.
    I am the winner in any event.

I'm with you, Beached Male.
    The last time Sting was at Deer Creek...he offered up the most boring, unenergetic, zombie-like selection of his jazz B-sides (not as bad as Kenny G, tho--UGH, Kenny G--where is my crucifix? LOL!).
    And I like some of Sting's jazz stuff...but it was a total yawner.
    Luckily, Annie Lenox opened for him. But he killed her energetic crowd warm-up. He was probably mad in the end that he got a tepid response. He hasn't been back here for a while.
    Dominic, his guitarist, even did a little solo show before Annie--of classical music, that was very good. He was very gracious and warm to the crowd.

Kim
    My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
    ~Dalai Lama

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    ~Adam Savage

Just when u thought it couldn't get worse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x29Wlg7u-4

Unbearable

$250?

The Hankster aka Izzo

ps enjoy the show
    If we're evil or divine
    We're the last in line

LMAO...are you tone deaf? This is the way live Police have always sounded on all their live recordings. If you can't handle that, I would suggest giving your ticket away, cuz all you're going to do is bitch about something no one else hears. I think it sounds great!

Where are the bad chords? I can't hear them. It sounds pretty good to me, for an arena.

Those of you who go, please post reviews.

I'll watch the concert on DVD if and when it comes out. On principle, I won't pay $250 for a ticket.

Originally posted by Angiekay

LMAO...are you tone deaf? This is the way live Police have always sounded on all their live recordings. If you can't handle that, I would suggest giving your ticket away, cuz all you're going to do is bitch about something no one else hears. I think it sounds great!

I've played guitar since I was 10. I can tell u every chord that Andy missed. If u don't believe me here's a review from a pro:

Still, anyone expecting the fierce punk-tinged reggae rock of The Police at their prime when they split up in 1984, instead got a jazzier, more mellow version of the acclaimed trio of accomplished musicians.

Many songs got some serious retooling and not always for the better: Don't Stand So Close To Me, Truth Hits Everybody, and Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic were among the disappointments. Also, it was apparent that Andy Summers was struggling all night with his legendary stratocaster.

There was a serious lull in the middle portion of the show with plenty of slow songs or ballads - Driven To Tears, Walking On The Moon, Wrapped Around Your Finger, The Bed's Too Big Without You, and Murder By Numbers

The Hankster aka Izzo
    If we're evil or divine
    We're the last in line

a pro? then why doesnt the pro know that andy plays a telecaster custom and not a stratocaster..... LOL~

he played the first part an octave lower- that's all... it was in tune- then its jumps back to the higher pitched "familiar- record sounding notes"
    "There can be no tradition without innovation."
    - Earle Hitchner, Irish music journalist

Originally posted by Diamond05
    a pro? then why doesnt the pro know that andy plays a telecaster custom and not a stratocaster..... LOL~

he played the first part an octave lower- that's all... it was in tune- then its jumps back to the higher pitched "familiar- record sounding notes"
    R U people all on dope!!!!

Look at the videos!!

He's playing his Red Stratocaster

http://web.tiscali.it/andatta/fenderpage.htm

The Hankster aka Izzo
    If we're evil or divine
    We're the last in line

Originally posted by HENRY IZZO

Still, anyone expecting the fierce punk-tinged reggae rock of The Police at their prime when they split up in 1984, instead got a jazzier, more mellow version of the acclaimed trio of accomplished musicians.

Ah, see but it's NOT 1984 and they haven't played together seriously for almost 24 years! I watched all the videos and it made me even more excited for this show!!

Here's a salt shaker.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast