Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Fixx went on last tonite - 7/09/07

Cool The Fixx went on last tonite - 7/09/07

July 9th at Jenkinson's, Point Pleasant, New Jersey. A great place for a concert on a humid evening. The beach and ocean waves and a great crowd!
    First when we arrived at the venue, I was a little upset since we needed to get tickets- the hostess said there was not any physical tickets left and we would have to wait til' 7 pm when doors open to get them. I thought damn now I will not get my spot close up by the stage. We got there around 5 pm so we went and had a nice dinner and returned. Met many fans of The Alarm and felt a little out numbered as not too many were coming froward saying they were for The Fixx. A fan of The Alarm's broke the good news to me of how the line up changed. It was The Alarm, The Furs, and The Fixx . That made me feel much better. When it got near 7 pm I was slowly becoming irritated as my hubby went to buy the tickets, the hostess and whomever was in charge of the area for the show had no clue which person was selling the tickets. This went on until we got someone from the local radio station ( they had a table at the entrance to the room) to help smooth this out. At this point it just hit me that I was at the front of the line so then I became the happiest person in the room! I got A "Rockin the Colonies' T- shirt but did not see Fixx stuff for sale. Got my spot near the stage and things got better from there with only one scare that my camera battery died and memory space full before The Fixx went on. I was able to play around with the camera enough to get a few decent photos. I will try to get those up before this week is over. (you know me technically challenged!) I got the setlists of both The Alarm and The Fixx. Supposedly one of The Fixx's songs was being recorded live but I did not catch which one they said and when or where it will be available? We had a few overly friendly fans behind us that would occasionally distract us. They were there mainly for the other bands but after they heard a few Fixx songs, they were high fiving us and saying how much they enjoyed them! Even sang to songs that they remembered!
    The Fixx setlist:
    Giving Up
    Life Goes On
    Day Off
    One Thing Lead to Another
    Secret Separation
    Fatal Shore
    All is Fair
    Everyone Believes in Something
    How Much Is Enough
    Stand or Fall
    The Fool
    Deeper
    Red Skies
    Wind
    Encore -
    Saved By Zero

I was thrilled cause' Jamie actually smiled for a few photos and waited until I was through. He seemed like he may have recognized us from other concerts because he gave a nice greeting with a smile and head nod acknowledgement. Unless it was my imagination or just what he does!
    I also asked for his pick and he was so sweet to give it to me!

It was a great performance by the guys. A few funny things happened though. Jamie, Gary, and Rupert are already out and getting ready to play when they realize they are missing Adam. Jamie was being silly and then strummed a few chords while we waited. Adam returned and Cy came out. Cy had many funny things to say and more than likely the same things said at the previous nights shows. I could not begin to tell you all that he said and also the friendly fans would use that opportunity to get my attention so I was distracted ( at times it was becoming annoying even though they were fun people!)
    Then Gary was having some amp problems and it was about 2 songs before the stagehands got it under control. Gary seemed pissed about it. The classic songs were great but they really did an outstanding job on The Fool!

If anyone want photos of The Alarm or set list I will send them. I have photos of The Furs too. Poor Mike Peters of The Alarm was jumping around so much that he bumped his lip on the microphone and split it open. Later he bumps my hubby's head with his guitar. Lots of energy for a man who could have died!
    The Furs also full of energy and Richard Butler got down in front of me and then was mugging it up for my camera. He was pretty obscene with hand gestures while dancing in front of me. Me and the ladies behind me were trying to figure out w.t.f.? Not a bad looking guy, kind of reminds me of David Bowie!
    Got to give lots of hand shakes and high fives being up front.

Very disappointed that there was not a Meet N'Greet - or if there was I did not see one. I did see Rupert walk to the back deck after the show and was speaking to a few people for about 15 minutes before disappearing to backstage. Ira was busier then ever and we were trying to get his attention to say hello and thank him for The Nokia Theatre tickets this past fall. We were also going to ask about the song that was recorded this evening but he never came over to us.
    If anyone else was there and are on this board please add your experiences! I know that there were Fixx fans there, as the room was packed and a lot of people singing to their tunes so where are you people hiding?
    Anyways that is all and I can't wait til' The Fall Fixx tour dates!

Glad you had a good time rockerchic! That's so cool that they did Facing The Wind! It was the same setlist as Buffalo with the addition of that and How Much Is Enough (though at least we did get to hear them do that one during soundcheck).

I keep getting the name of Life Goes On wrong...I don't know why I wanna call that song Let It Go!!!

Sounds like the shows just keep getting better and better
    Maybe on course to the best yet!

I really thought the Furs would be headlining and closing every show in the tour, based on a few sources of information. I'm glad to see they are sharing the limelight.

Photos to be posted soon

Great show...I got some sweet shots..

Here is a preview...check the gallery in a few days...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Cy

Cy singing

Jamie and Gary

Jamie and Gary

Rupert

Rupert

Adam

Adam jams...

Great shots.
    And two in particular, since they sometimes don't get as much attention-
    Rupert's rack of keys along with the laptop feeder. That is such a highly technical operation, I can't completely appreciate. I would love to see Rupert give us just one post here one day that talks us through all the detail in transporting and/or renting the keys, the setup of the racks, all the wires, the laptop uploads, the codes/data involved....basically all the work behind keyboarding just for one gig, would be interesting.

Gary- wearing the Union Jack! see my "Toast to Gary Tibbs" post in Lighthouse, give him a positive note sometime. I had hoped he would wear this through the Colonies tour. Gary has been with the band around 7 years now- only Danny K. Brown stayed longer, and I predict Gary will be the longest running bassist eventually.

BM
    I've been lurking...

You know, those are great shots!

Liking Cy's cut- very Trent Reznor-ish!

"Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

(Sherrilyn Kenyon, Devil May Cry)

http://www.wordclay.com/BookStore/BookStoreBookDetails.aspx?bookid=37784

Greetings all...

A few things...I'm a newbie to the Fixx really. I grew up during that era but never really got into them as much as other bands. So, I was extremely floored as soon as they started the first song. My jaw dropped in regards to how tight and how polished they sounded. Jamie was unbelievable. (for all of the guitar geeks out there like myself) Jamie is one of the most underrated guitarist ever. I was inspired through the whole show. Cy's vocals were so tight as well. He still can reach those high points w/ ease.

Wondering if any of you cats actually got to purchase or obtain one of the "USB" recordings that CY was speaking about? Did he mention one song or did he mention the whole show was being recorded? To no avail I was disappointed that no-one at the show afterwards knew anything about it. I think alot of people were there for the FURS but being right up front and seeing the Fixx for the first time, I am now a new fan. I'm actually glad they never got that big, because we wouldn't be able to see them in such a cool venue.

Cheers to all! Oh and let me know if anyone actually knows about this whole USB thing. Thanks!

Eric

Oops...sorry I thought this post was regarding last nights show in Boston.
    Ok, so the Boston show rocked as well! Wish I had a setlist for you.
    Sorry!

USB.....

http://www.thefixx.com/STIXX.shtml

make sure check all the info over @ the fixx.com as well-

and dey look like 'dis....

there are LOTS of awesome sounding shows.... the hardest part is picking the ones you want... there's a thread somewhere on here of people's fave USB shows, i always opt to hear the new material or unrecorded gems that have not been on a release yet... look at the setlists, some opt for the longer shows, some for the new material, and some for their hometown shows, or all of thee above! happy hunting! DIII
    "There can be no tradition without innovation."
    - Earle Hitchner, Irish music journalist

Thanks! I realized after I wrote this post that it was on the main website.
    Good stuff! Thanks again!

Rupert's keyboards

Thanks BM.

Rupert does have a serious keyboard set-up. I was very surprised how fast he got him ready to go at Point Pleasant Beach. He has a lot of wires going on. Glad you enjoyed the pictures.

Eddie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast