Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mount Everest Gig- Love Hope Strength

Mount Everest Gig- Love Hope Strength

Fantastic news about Cy & Jamie joining Mike Peters "Love Hope Strength" Foundation Climb & Gig on Mount Everest.
    Very cool!
    www.lovehopestrength.com/corp/lhs_army/index.php

B side the C side in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, UK
    That is excellent, would love to be able to see that show, would be an amazing backdrop.
    Stuart at the Welsh Connection

Cool Hello 45 rpm and welcome!

First let me say I love your screen name! I would say you must be an Alarm fan and I think I seen your name on their board too! Welcome to The Fixx's board! Thank you so much for sharing this news with us. Thanks Cy and Jamie for your contributions to such a great benefit! I am so excited to hear that they are taking part in this wonderful cause! Now it would be even more awesome if The Fixx would join them on September 15th for the "Rock On" Walkathon and Music Fest. Still waiting to see who the Headliner will be???? I am holding out some hope here! Our local band "Fountains of Wayne" was just added to the schedule for the 15th.

To all other readers out there wanting to join efforts for this "Love, Hope, Strength Foundation', please let me know as I am walking in this event on September 15th and would love to have more sponsors! I'd like to say thanks to Carrie who is one of my sponsors!
    Thanks also to all my other sponsors so far who may be reading this - Roselle Board of Education faculty/staff and owners/friends/patrons of the Lunwah Polynesian Restaurant and Lounge. Donations of any amount big or small are welcomed!
    I can be reached with a personal e-mail to me here at this board or to Sherri at:
    kevin.sherri@verizon.net

45 rpm, thank you so much for posting this!

I will tell you that tears came into my eyes upon learning that Cy and Jamie had agreed to be a part of this worthy mission. How noble of them!! I'm so proud.......

And Mike Peters, what a courageous soul. Having beaten leukemia, he wants others to survive cancer as well. Just beautiful......
    I don't "go through channels." I dig my own....

Is LHSF planning to make a video download of the show available to raise funds? I would love to see the show; I couldn't handle the download on this ancient computer, but I could commandeer my mother's fiber-optic broadband connection for the purpose
    Maybe on course to the best yet!

Re: Mount Everest Gig- Love Hope Strength

Originally posted by 45 rpm
    Fantastic news about Cy & Jamie joining Mike Peters "Love Hope Strength" Foundation Climb & Gig on Mount Everest.
    Very cool!
    www.lovehopestrength.com/corp/lhs_army/index.php
    Really cool project, and what a first! looking forward to it and to spreading this on other music forums! our guys are Sooooooo coool!!!
    I am the winner in any event.

Woke up this morning with Cy's "Breathe With Me" in my head, as I often do lately. I got to thinking, "heeeey! Wouldn't it be cool if Cy and Jamie could work out a version of that for the Everest gig", what with all the lyrics that refer to being on a trail, climbing the peaks, and drawing strength from the lows. I was thinking of what songs would lend themselves well to being done by just two people, and I think that one would. Don't know if the fact that it was a solo and not a Fixx song would make a difference in whether they could perform it, but the Fixx did re-do Mayfly, so maybe?
    Maybe on course to the best yet!

Wow Everest is a treacherous climb

I caught the last 10 minutes on the Documentary Channel of some men that reached the Summit of Everest. What a view! Dave Rodney and Deryl Kelly succeeded I believe they said in 2001. One of them had done it I think twice. One of the trekkers did not make it as he stepped in a soft spot and lost his footing and plunged head first 40 something feet. Mr. Rodney had wanted to help find his body but I think he wasn't able to. Very scarey! They say many people that make it to the summit usually don't survive the descent down. A lot of conditioning is necessary for the body to aclimate to all of the conditions of elevation, temperature, own body's demands, etcetera. I certainly hope that The Trekkers for the LHSF are all well prepared and remain safe. My thoughts will be with them all come October!
    Another good Fixx song for the event "Deeper". I see the edge, I look .....

Not sure if this has been posted but here's an article about Jamie West-Oram from The Petersfield Post

http://www.lovehopestrength.org/media/peef_post001.jpg

Thanks for posting that, 45.
    Alli

Thumbs up Thanks 45 rpm!

What a wonderful article! Thank you so much for sharing it with us! See you Saturday 45 rpm!

Thanks Sherri & Alli. Really looking forward to seeing you there as well. Should be a great day.

Also if anybody gets Bloomberg television, Mike Peters and James Chippendale co-founders of the Love Hope Strength Foundation, will be giving an interview tonight on the "Night Talk" programme
    It ran tonight at 8:00 East Coast time, but will have a second airing at 10:00 p.m. and 7:00 on the West Coast.

And on a additional interesting note, LHS has registered with the Guinness Book of World Records for what will be the highest concert ever performed in the world on Mount Everest.
    They'll also be running a daily "live cast" from the trek on www.everestrocks.com on a daily basis to follow the journey, where you can view pictures, blogs, videos and send messages to the Trekkers.

Cool Mount Everest

So cool a daily live cast!

Hey 45 rpm, any news yet about Saturday? I just sent you an E-mail to your mySpace page. I have not heard from anyone other than you. I plan on being at Shane Walsh Field at 8 a.m. Still have to turn in the $$$!
    I hear we may have a rainy start - YUK!

I will post the story

I have posted my full story about the Rock on Walkathon and Music Fest at My Space. It is long so I have yet to post it here but for those of you who can't wait go to http://www.myspace.com/jerseyrockerchic

No photos yet as they still need to get processed but all photos will be on my space real soon!

Hope you enjoy my stories! I smiled and laughed all day and evening and sometimes at my own stupidity!

Wow !

Hi Rockerchic!

I read your report about the fund raiser on the link you provided. Thanks for the "props" with Dave, he is a great guy as alot of people told me even before I met and introduced him. I got along very well with him and especially with Rick, the guitar player in the English Beat.

Kudos to you for all you efforts, the Kharma will surely come back to you...

Looking forward to seeing you again on the east coast at a Fixx show soon!

Love To All,

Dr. Roger

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast