Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mount Everest Gig- Love Hope Strength

We needed you Doctor Roger

Just wanted to say we needed you to get the crowds going at the music fest and walkathon. They had local radio hosts doing it but I think you could have really got a big response!

Another thank you going out tonight to

Bradluke0, thanks for your generosity and support to LHSF!

[QUOTE] Originally posted by 45 rpm

They'll also be running a daily "live cast" from the trek on www.everestrocks.com on a daily basis to follow the journey, where you can view pictures, blogs, videos and send messages to the Trekkers.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Just a reminder:

Beginning today(Oct. 9) you can read those daily reports, which will continue through Oct. 30.

You will see "CLICK HERE FOR TREK UPDATES" in red letters.
    And to your right, you can click on each date.

And just page all the way down to send them a message.
    I don't "go through channels." I dig my own....

Thanks

Thanks Rockerchic,

With a good cause like that, you are right ... I would have gotten everyone up off their asses!

Just an hour ago, I read an email that affected me deeply.

First, yesterday I saw in the San Jose newspaper that a local 12 year old girl was first hit by a car (driven by her kidnapper), dragged into the car by him, with a broken pelvis among other injuries, then while being taken away, she fought him off and somehow escaped into public. She is in the hospital and the cops are scouring for the asshole.

The email I read was sent to a subcontractor friend of mine, as I was in his office working on a bid. The email was from a man from PAL , a girl's soccer coach, and a friendly competing coach of my friend. The email said that this girl is on his soccer team, and when he heard the news, he rushed to the hospital to see her, and she cried to him and said "Coach, I'm sorry but I can't play for awhile". The coach touched her hand and through a torrent of tears said, "it's OK sweetie", all the while knowing she probably won't ever play again. At this point in the email I was already a paradox of anger and flowing tears.

The email went on to ask my friend Raul if he knew of any ideas to honor this little girl's courage and strength. Raul asked me if I could think of anything. I'm trying my best to come up with a few ideas that don't involve financial donations, I think the newspaper is doing the donation thing. I have a long shot of something very big (meeting a huge kid's star), but I'd like to know if any FIXXTURES think of anything.

Thanks again.... and great job Rockerchic!

Dr. Roger

How sad! If she's really into soccer, how about arranging a meet with her favorite player/getting her tickets to a major tournament when she recovers enough (also a long shot, but worth looking into). Then again, maybe this would be too much of a reminder of what she's lost? On a smaller scale, how about putting up a website for messages of support (if it hasn't been done already)?

Let us know of what develops so we can help out!
    Maybe on course to the best yet!

And just page all the way down to send them a message. [/B]
    Just sent Cy and Jamie a message, and will try to do so whenever I can.
    I am the winner in any event.

And we have now received a message of thanks from Jamie.

Check it out on the "Update" page......

I don't "go through channels." I dig my own....

The first of the Everest daily video podcasts have begun with some footage of Cy and Jamie included.
    http://lovehopestrength.com/everest/day-four/#
    Enjoy!

I just watched that podcast, and it's great to see them looking so good. They really are there! wow. Just so proud of them.

Re: Thanks

Originally posted by Doctor Roger

Just an hour ago, I read an email that affected me deeply.

First, yesterday I saw in the San Jose newspaper that a local 12 year old girl was first hit by a car (driven by her kidnapper), dragged into the car by him, with a broken pelvis among other injuries, then while being taken away, she fought him off and somehow escaped into public. She is in the hospital and the cops are scouring for the asshole.

The email I read was sent to a subcontractor friend of mine, as I was in his office working on a bid. The email was from a man from PAL , a girl's soccer coach, and a friendly competing coach of my friend. The email said that this girl is on his soccer team, and when he heard the news, he rushed to the hospital to see her, and she cried to him and said "Coach, I'm sorry but I can't play for awhile". The coach touched her hand and through a torrent of tears said, "it's OK sweetie", all the while knowing she probably won't ever play again. At this point in the email I was already a paradox of anger and flowing tears.

The email went on to ask my friend Raul if he knew of any ideas to honor this little girl's courage and strength. Raul asked me if I could think of anything. I'm trying my best to come up with a few ideas that don't involve financial donations, I think the newspaper is doing the donation thing. I have a long shot of something very big (meeting a huge kid's star), but I'd like to know if any FIXXTURES think of anything.

wow, so sad to hear she had to endure that, yet happy that she got away, i can see where the the word paradox would come into play here

i have yet to read this thread all the way through, and havent even visited the site yet, ive been so busy with my new 'new job', a permanent position, but enough on that

ya know something similar happened to my sister about 30 years ago, some creep tried to drag her into his car, she got away and they never found the guy

Hey Dr., do they have a contact point in place where people can send get well messages/encouragment that can be forwarded to this girl?, maybe an email acct?, if so maybe you can set up another thread with the story and the addy that people can send to?, i know my wife and i would send her a few words of encouargement, just a thought...
    In germany some people say it's like medicine. It's good against heartattack. If it is a lie - who cares?

-- Heimo on red wine

Originally posted by Carrie

On a smaller scale, how about putting up a website for messages of support (if it hasn't been done already)?

Let us know of what develops so we can help out!
    oops, looks like Carrie already thought of what i suggested, like i said i didnt read the thread very well, anyway..... yes.... let us know Doc
    In germany some people say it's like medicine. It's good against heartattack. If it is a lie - who cares?

-- Heimo on red wine

Well, my ancient old computer cant seem to handle the podcasts, so those'll have to wait till I get to a better computer, but I saw the guys in the pics...exciting! Anyone know if they've done any Fixx stuff yet, or just collaborations?

It's cool to be able to send them messages!!!
    Maybe on course to the best yet!

Today's Podcast was narrated by Glenn Tilbrook of Squeeze and featured all the guys in the
    studio recording Love Hope and Strength for the Everest Album.
    Great hearing all their voices together. And a really sweet shot of Cy and Mike.
    http://lovehopestrength.com/everest/day-five/

Originally posted by 45 rpm

Great hearing all their voices together. And a really sweet shot of Cy and Mike.
    http://lovehopestrength.com/everest/day-five/

That woke me up! they look very fit and like they are having a wonderful time together. This is a first of it's kind on so many levels. Loving all the reports and daily podcasts.

Thank you guys!

Jules Peters is currently writing a blog on behalf of Mike whilst he is up on the mountains - its a great read and can be found here:

http://mikerockseverest.welshblogs.co.uk

please also visit www.lovehopestrengthfoundation.co.uk

as there are currently two fundraising projects going on for everest rocks - one to get Mike to plant a prayer flag on behalf of you or a loved one for the price of a small donation

http://lovehopestrengthfoundation.co.uk/news5.shtml

the next one is to vote for your favourite alarm track to be recorded during the trip and your name will appear on the album cover.

http://lovehopestrengthfoundation.co.uk/news6.shtml

Also....... we have just opened it up that the highest bidder of any of these projects will get a phone call from Mike at base camp (conditions allowing)

exciting stuff.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast