Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone gonna sponsor Cy and Jamie?

B side the C side in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, UK

Is anyone gonna sponsor Cy and Jamie?

Not sure if it's been asked but I'm in a bit of a rush and unable to check the other posts at the moment, but anyone gonna sponsor Cy and Jamie for this, how about a collective effort maybe?

Ed, could you suggest a suitable payment method? Do you still use PayPal at the merch stand, could we use that maybe?

If we all send a small amount it will soon add up to a sizeable donation.
    Cancer research is close to both Lisa and myself as Lisa's dad passed away from the condition and other family members have also been affected over the years, as, no doubt have many other people linked to this board and the band.

Sorry if I don't get to answer this for a few days but have work to go to and children to entertain....
    Stuart at the Welsh Connection

Sponsor

I have not heard any chatter yet to sponsor Cy or Jamie but it is possible I am sure. In the meantime, I have some inquiries coming in as I am participating in Mike Peters LHSF Rock On Walkathon/MusicFest on September 15th here in Union County, New Jersey. So if for some reason our Fixx members cannot take your donations, I will gladly accept them in behalf of our Fixxy Community as a walker and hopefully a volunteer at this
    event!

B side the C side in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, UK
    Brilliant - good news, c'mon folks, let's get behind this good cause.
    I'll kick the ball off with $25, send me your Paypal e.mail and I'll sort that out straight away, have sent Cy a PM and he replied with, "Anything you can afford for the cause".
    Everyone:
    It doesn't matter how much or how little or even if you can't afford at anything at all, just send your best wishes.
    Would be nice to get a collective donation though from everyone here, that's one hell of an expedition, even just to base camp and personally, I'd have paid a lot more to get tickets to see that show.
    Stuart at the Welsh Connection

Tell them to put it on a Stixx!

Will it be video recorded?? Is it getting digitally recorded for audio at least?

Curious--this could help defray costs through sales that follow the event, even if it doesn't get a bunch of up front support.
    BM
    I've been lurking...

I think it will be on video - I think at least for Mt. Everest. I will check into and let ya' know what I find.

Thanks to Stuart and Lisa who are working on donating to the fund! Wished I had paypal so it would be on my sponsor form with the Fixxtures from the states that are sponsoring me.
    Anyone else interested let me know and I will give you the information of where the fund's check can be mailed. Thanks everyone who has been following this cause!

I'll join in - Stuart, I sent you a PM. I gave Sherri a donation, so I can't leave Cy and Jamie out
    Maybe on course to the best yet!

hey stuart i will help out just let me know what to do? i have lost alot of people in my family to cancer like my 4 year old nephew from wilm's tumor and my grandfather from luekemia also my godmother is fighting lung cancer right now so i will help out for sure dee

Thumbs up A GREAT BIG THANKS AND REMINDER

JUST WANT TO TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO POST HERE AS WELL AS IN A NEW THREAD TO SAY THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FIXXTURES FOR SPONSORING ME FOR THE "LOVE, HOPE, STRENGTH FOUNDATION ROCK ON WALKATHON!" CARRIE AND DEJAPETE, THANKS FOR BEING EVER SO GENEROUS AND SHARING YOUR STORIES OF WHY YOU WANTED TO HELP! THANKS STUART AND THE WELSH CONNECTION FOR WANTING TO DO MORE TOO! I ALWAYS KNEW THAT THIS FIXX COMMUNITY WAS A CARING BUNCH BUT NOW THIS CONFIRMS IT AND LEAVES ME WITH A WARM FUZZY FEELING!
    YOU ALL ROCK!!!!!

Cy and Jamie appear to be doing the Mt. Everest gig in October with the same principles as the September 15th Rock On Walkathon that I will be walking in. The goals of the event is to fight and find cures for cancer locally and globally. People around the world would be able to find better doctors, medications, network/support groups, and hopefully a cure!
    I am walking as a fan of The Alarm and Mike Peters and in memory of my beloved grandmother who lost her battle with lung cancer 3 summers ago. She was diagnosed in August of 2003 and it spread like wildfire and she left our world 11 months later. I remember when she was diagnosed my parents decided to be with her as she began treatment. She lived in North Carolina. We already had our summer vacation planned at the shore so we did that but it was a blur. I remember coming home and waking up at 5 a.m. said good bye to my husband to get on the road with my parents and my then 6 month old baby to see her because I was afraid I may never get the chance again and I wanted her to meet her newest great grandchild. My memories from that visit and the last ones we had together are my fondest ones as she got to see me as a parent and reminisce about so many things. My parents and I pitched in while we stayed for almost a week - driving her to treatments, giving her massages, brushing her hair, helping her clean and cook, treating her like a queen to her every need. It was hard to leave because I was not sure I would see her again. ( okay now I am crying as I am typing so forgive the typos.) Fall went by and she was still getting treatment but had lost her hair. Her daughters made sure her wigs were much like her own style. Grandma's large body frame and tall posture now was small, frail, and hunched over. My sister went back to see her in January because she too had a baby to show Grandma and was not sure if this would be our goodbyes? As sick as she was feeling, Grandma wanted to show everyone she still had spirit and learned that sis was coming after New Year's so she kept all her Christmas decorations out and made them a delicious country meal. She was so thrilled to have family. She had 9 children and each child had at least two or three kids and then we all had kids so you can imagine how large our family is? She acknowledged everyone on the various occasions. Anyhow when sis came home she thought it was not looking good and we grew sadder. Then came Spring and my daughter's 1st birthday> Just for the heck of it I said let me make a huge party and invite everyone from North Carolina. My parents did not think Grandma would be up for it. Well we get a surprise phone call and it was her and my aunt who said grandma was in remission and wanted to come up north. She took the train and I spent a special day with her at her favorite restaurant and bought her all her medical needs at the local pharmacy. Over lunch we talked about so many things that she never shared before. It was wonderful. She acted like she was doing okay. The birthday - she had a ball with the Karaoke (my uncle is one of the best around here) The day she was leaving I still had a little shadow of doubt in my soul so I gave her the biggest hug and kiss and have a photo of my daughter's last kiss to her. We get a call in April, Grandma is not doing well - HUH???? Truth came out frommy aunt that the remission story was a lie so that no one would talk her out of coming to us. She got so sick that Hospice was called in and her children that lived near stayed around the clock. I wanted to go back but my dad said that it would be better for us to remember her from the last images from our memory because it may not be pleasant to go there. We would talk daily and finally I worked the nerve up to ask her if she was afraid to die. She stated no and she felt she had a good life here and had been blessed by many things. That made me happy to hear. My dad's last conversation to her was telling her to "Go Night Night" as that is what we all said whenever we would be sleeping under the same roof. Two viewings happened - one in her home church and then her body was flown here for the surviving family here to view and she was buried here next to my grandfather and their 3 year old daughter they lost to SIDS. I miss Grandma and I hope she is watching and knows this is for her! So please show support and reach out to me as I do this walkathon on the 15th. It does not have to be a large amount. It would be great if I fill my pledge form and mark it as fans of the Fixx community! Thanks again for hearing me. I know I have been redundant on this but I really want to get the attention of more people for the worthy cause!

STILL stuck in the water slide at the Vegas Hard Rock pool...
    I think sponsoring the walk is a great idea! Also, if it isn't possible to sponsor Cy and Jamie, we can sponsor the survivors who will make the climb with them. (Cue "Climb the Hill" here!)

If sponsoring Rockerchic or the climb is not possible for some Fixxtures, please make sure to visit the Love Hope Strength web site and sign up for emails and the Army. I'm hoping they have some affiliate banners available soon, otherwise I'll have to conjure up some way to call attention to them on my blog and MySpace page. So, for those who find that funds are tight, there are things you can do for free.

I can relate to Rockerchic's story. I lost my own grandmother to a rare form of cancer. Treatment started with the removal of her right eye and socket area, and she really made the most of wearing her eye patch and being "Pirate Granny" to her grandkids and great-grandkids. The disease didn't stop there, though, and she eventually had part of her nose cartilage, cheekbone and upper palate removed. After that, it spread to her lymph nodes and throughout her body. After the last of her surgeries, she didn't have the facial structure to produce speech anymore, but wrote determined (and sometimes hilarious) notes to speak her mind until we finally lost her. She was so much fun and I really miss her...I'll be wearing my camo in her memory.

web site | blog | photos | Twitter (primary)
    ----
    "And the Vino di Vici will flow like a river in spring,
    Now the fix(x), the fix(x) is in." - Elbow

Thumbs up Beautifully said and done Bash!

Thank you Bash for filling in more options and your creativity for those who maybe can not donate.
    Thanks for your support!
    Your Grandma's story was very touching! At least she too tried to make the most and best of her situation with making the kids laugh with the Pirate patch and her letter writing. I know our grandmothers are angels in heaven but there are angels on earth and you are one of them for taking part in being a sponsor for this worthy cause!

Originally posted by Beached Male
    Tell them to put it on a Stixx!

Will it be video recorded?? Is it getting digitally recorded for audio at least?

Curious--this could help defray costs through sales that follow the event, even if it doesn't get a bunch of up front support.
    BM
    The entire trek and concert will be recorded by The BBC and VH1 for future airplay/release.
    Should be amazing to watch!

I lost a beloved uncle to cancer. It was the saddest thing to watch someone go through. He was an awesome man! I do miss him so. I have also watch a co-worker battle breast cancer throughout the years. It is a horrid disease. I support all causings that are for the fight against cancer. I have actually donated to the Love Hope Strength foundation. I wish the climbers the best of luck!

To 45 rpm and Magical

45 rpm you have a message on your myspace page. Thanks for the information regarding taping of this event!

Magical, thanks for sharing your stories and for supporting the LHSF!

Check out the update from Cy

Look at the words of inspiration on the update section at thefixx.com
    Nice to hear the sincerity from Cy regarding Mike Peters performances and the reason why Jamie and Cy felt they wanted to be involved. You guys rock!

FInally learned how to use my paypal

Sorry to those of you whom may have already been inconvenienced or I missed as a sponsor! I just learned today a little more about paypal so now I believe I can take donations for the Walkathon via paypal. Contact me with a pm if you would be interested. Thanks!

***** A Great Big Thanks to Bash for being my sponsor too - Received the check today - *****

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast